History of TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of TG

For those who have been here since the very beginning (or close to it) how was this place as it first started.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: History of TG

Hookers and Blow.

No, I'm serious, that's where all the money goes.
    Skud

Comment

Lol, all I can say is it was a long time ago. Probably the only who could really answer this would be Apophis, himself. Also, it would be nice to see a little "history" bit in the "Community FAQ", which the link to in the tool bar seems to be inactive.

Comment

It's actually in our Wiki. You can read about our history here.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I CTRL+F'd

There's no hookers or blow.

TG was in the cradle when I was probably 5 years old and such! Wow
          Skud

Comment

Unknown to most people, William of Normandy first attempted to invade England in 1063. It was a total cockup, Frenchmen were running willy nilly all over the place trying to get kills, cap Londinium, and get phat loot. William had to flee back across the channel. In the winter of 63-64, William founded Ye Olde Tactycal Gamere at one of his castles in Normandy to train his warriors, who were farmers first and warriors second, to perform teamwork and tactics like standing in a big line and throwing spears at people, riding their horses in the same direction, and not teamkilling their buddies to get the warhorse when the server came up. It was a wild success, and in the spring of 1066 William conquered England at the Battle of Hastings by using rapid capping, VOIP, and teamwork.

Comment

I was 5 yeesh.
              |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Funny that Skud mentions hookers and blow. He must have seen the AFD thread where Cing was "taking his leave" because Apophis was mismanaging SM funds and spending it all on hookers and blow. Oddly enough, I cant find that thread anymore. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
                  It's actually in our Wiki. You can read about our history here.
                  And it's not just a list of BS we've done in the past. It's a chronicling of our rise TO POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
                    Unknown to most people, William of Normandy first attempted to invade England in 1063. It was a total cockup, Frenchmen were running willy nilly all over the place trying to get kills, cap Londinium, and get phat loot. William had to flee back across the channel. In the winter of 63-64, William founded Ye Olde Tactycal Gamere at one of his castles in Normandy to train his warriors, who were farmers first and warriors second, to perform teamwork and tactics like standing in a big line and throwing spears at people, riding their horses in the same direction, and not teamkilling their buddies to get the warhorse when the server came up. It was a wild success, and in the spring of 1066 William conquered England at the Battle of Hastings by using rapid capping, VOIP, and teamwork.
                    This is Brilliant. LMAO!
                    Dirt013

Comment

Well, you see... when post-pubescence and online multiplayer gaming love each other VERY much........
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                        TG was in the cradle when I was probably 5 years old and such! Wow
                        Remarks like this make me feel so old. I go look at the date in the wiki, thinking it started in 1980 or something. No such luck. It was just more than a decade ago.

I think I'll go back and sit in my rocker with my lap blanket....
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                          Remarks like this make me feel so old. I go look at the date in the wiki, thinking it started in 1980 or something. No such luck. It was just more than a decade ago.

I think I'll go back and sit in my rocker with my lap blanket....
                          Well, I had to cut the history off somewhere, but I could trace it back to the late 80's.
                          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

When I was 5, Gemini was in orbit. The Vietnam war was just getting started. Computers weighed tons. Parents thought the Beatles were a controversial band and hated their kids listening to them. Only the rich kids had color TV. A good TV image was full of static and that only if you held the rabbit ears just so.

And we hated listening to our grandparents go on and on about what life was like 50 years earlier, with no cars and no electricity and no indoor plumbing. :p
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
                              Lols! I wish I could +1 ya for your historical account of Ye Olde Tactycal Gamere. Good stuff :D
                              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X