Challenge: Spin the Black Circle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge: Spin the Black Circle

Simple...I am on level 22. Match it or beat it and post the screenie to prove it. :)

http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/spin_the_black_circle

Re: Challenge: Spin the Black Circle

Hard but fun. Good find!
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
      Hard but fun. Good find!
      It's good that you appreciate it because after a few weeks in the funk of level 22 I finally made it to 23...

Comment

got to level 20. Pretty unique and fun. Definately my kind of mind teaser.

- -

Comment

12. Got to the end then finger twitched real quick killing me and i got pissed.
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
            12. Got to the end then finger twitched real quick killing me and i got pissed.
            Sometimes when I have an unsolvable problem, or level, in this case, I just sleep on it. Often I either wake up with the solution to a problem already formulated in my head or with a feeling that I can overcome it now and after really making an effort and trying 50 times I'll just get it the first time like it was nothing. That's what happened from 22 to 23 in this case.

Do you guys get that too?

Comment

I'd actually enjoy it if the controls weren't crap !! it keeps glitching on me causing a screw-up.

Last edited by INSUNABULA; 04-05-2008, 10:33 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Out of my ancient lurking status. I spent way too long on this, and now I'm repaying the favor :P

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/games/bloxorz

Comment

Fun game, I am currently stuck on level 16. First level thusfar that has given me any real trouble.
                  "Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Comment

Well I got to the last level (24) in a few hours which I can't be bothered completing. There's a disclaimer at the beginning of this game that says you might get annoyed with continually loosing. What they fail to mention is that the controls are so crap you can't help but continually loose. It wont move when you want it to move and when you finally get it going you can't get it to stop spinning. It's a shame really because it completely ruins what could have been a great game. 7/10

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by INSUNABULA View Post
                      Well I got to the last level (24) in a few hours which I can't be bothered completing. There's a disclaimer at the beginning of this game that says you might get annoyed with continually loosing. What they fail to mention is that the controls are so crap you can't help but continually loose. It wont move when you want it to move and when you finally get it going you can't get it to stop spinning. It's a shame really because it completely ruins what could have been a great game. 7/10

Cool. I'm almost there. I've noticed that on a Mac it was faster and more responsive than on my home computer. Another way of improving responsiveness and speed is to lower detail but then it looks like crap.

Comment

I made level 16, or 17 but then my eye hurt and developed and tumor. :madsmile:

Comment

I reached level 22 in an hour or two, and the controls were fine for me. I don't know how sleeping on 22 helps though, because the solution to 22 seemed fairly straightforward in theory, and just hard in execution -- there were 2 platforms you had to jump on to, and I could make the jump successfully about one in ten tries, but never got the jump right twice in a row so I'd always fall off after the first one and have to start over.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                            I reached level 22 in an hour or two, and the controls were fine for me. I don't know how sleeping on 22 helps though, because the solution to 22 seemed fairly straightforward in theory, and just hard in execution -- there were 2 platforms you had to jump on to, and I could make the jump successfully about one in ten tries, but never got the jump right twice in a row so I'd always fall off after the first one and have to start over.
                            That was meant as a general aside. I was just trying to gauge if other people were intuitive as well or if they just plug away at a problem. Regardless of it being hard to figure out or execute, I find that I come upon a solution to things without even consciously thinking about it. That's what I was getting at and that is what I was asking.

As for the controls, besides my computer I've showed this to 4 other people and each system behaved slightly differently so your mileage may, and probably will, vary.

Comment

Well, given that there are only 2 available controls in this game -- turn left and turn right -- there's not a whole lot of available diversity in how to approach a problem. So for the handful of puzzles where I didn't really know how to approach it just from looking at it (like the long curved spike-chute one and the one with the rotating plus sign), I'd just throw in some random rotations and watch what happened, and when I got a trajectory that looked promising I'd try to replicate it. But for most puzzles it was pretty much "go down this pathway and try not to hit the spikes", so not so much of the subconscious puzzle solving here.

In more general life? Sometimes. I don't think my memory is very well suited to that style of thinking though, because when I do solve some problem while asleep, I have a terrible time remembering what the answer was when I wake up. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X