Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More media censorship.

http://www.canoe.ca/Television/oct16_mmoore-ap.html
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Re: More media censorship.

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
    If Bush and the Republicans are really trying to sensor MM what score would you give them out of 10. 1 being unsuccesful and 10 being "who's MM".

You can by the DVD for $10, download it for free, or see it in 2nd run theatres still. Why would anyone pay $10 to see it again? I think anyone who wants to see it already has. Maybe if they get the Coors light twins to come on they'd have a chance. That's what PPV is for really. :icon16:
    New to TG?

Comment

Frankly, they can censor the everliving hell out of Michael Moore on the eve of elections, for all I care. That lying, money-hungry high school dropout is only whining because he can't make another buck off of the gullible americans that don't realize what a liar he is. He is personally trying to influence the election, and I find that disgusting.

As a former Michael Moore fan, I say someone needs to come out with a film exposing this guy for who he really is, and they need to put it out the week before he publishes another one of his books.

Comment

The issue is not about the film.

If freedom of speech is practiced and not just talked about, shouldn't he be able to offer this movie however he can without political influence, even if you don't like the film?

People seem very willing to infringe on MM's freedom of speech because they don't agree with the contents of the film.

On the other hand its ok for SBC to broadcast an anti-Kerry "documentary" before the election non-pay per view....kind of hypocritical.
        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Funny how the law that is giving Mr. Moore so much trouble now, is the same law that all of his liberal friends supported when the NRA and AARP were too powerful as lobbyists...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

On the other hand its ok for SBC to broadcast an anti-Kerry "documentary" before the election non-pay per view....kind of hypocritical.
            Whoa... The situations are much different. The law affects broadcasts that support a specific candidate. The Vietnam documentary is a factual docomentary and Senator Kerry has an open invitation to participate in it. The producer has said that the Senator can call them the day of the broadcast to participate, because the documentary is set up so that some narrative can easily be cut and the Senator's commentary added. Added live if need be...

This program is attempting to broadcast historical facts, not denounce Senator Kerry. I don't think you can say the same for Moore's film.
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Moore's film is a perfect example of propaganda. You give a partial fact, pair it up with another partial fact, and lead the audience to infer a connection without making one clearly yourself. It is not factual. The documentary on Vietnam is an ACTUAL documentary, that is open for discussion while it airs. If Michael Moore were willing to allow Bush or any of the others featured in his film to comment LIVE, or participate in a discussion afterwards on the same show, I would be more than happy to see it broadcast.

I'm not interested in hearing a one-sided, factually challenged hodgepodge of information the night before the election, nor do I believe it is in the best interest of the country as a whole to have one-sided "facts" without a valid opportunity for a timely retort.

Comment

Funny, I haven't seen the anti-Kerry one yet, I don't think anyone else here has either.

The whole thing has me begging the question, Why are you guys so quick to defend it as "more factual" than F911, when you haven't seen it yet?

Maybe it'll be a huge farce, maybe it'll be as stunning as F911.

Is it because he invited Kerry to participate in the documentary? Would you participate in something like that, designed to destroy your credibility? Especially given that they can edit and misquote things to make you look foolish? Doesn't his participation just lend more credibility to the anti-Kerry message?

Do you think GW Bush would have participated in F911 if he was asked? Maybe he was asked for commentary or rebuttal? Do you know he was/wasn't?

Interesting bias....

Comment

The whole thing has me begging the question, Why are you guys so quick to defend it as "more factual" than F911, when you haven't seen it yet?
                  Is it because he invited Kerry to participate in the documentary? Would you participate in something like that, designed to destroy your credibility? Especially given that they can edit and misquote things to make you look foolish? Doesn't his participation just lend more credibility to the anti-Kerry message?
                  Senator Kerry has been offered the opportunity to participate live in the broadcast of the documentary. No editing. No misquoting.

He won't do it because he knows that he's made some huge, indefensible mistakes.

But you're right. None of us has seen the Sinclair broadcasting documentary. We don't know if it will be filled with half truths and distortions. But I like to learn from history. The left constantly lies, twists statistics and otherwise distorts the truth, while the right rarely does. This is prejudice, not bias (a very subtle difference), and prejudice is not always wrong...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Good point- I have not yet seen tha sinclair broadcast, and thus cannot say without a doubt that is is NOT a slanderous sleazy program. That being said, the fact that Kerry has been afforded the opportunity to reply LIVE makes me feel right off the bat that this is a more fair situation. I will wait and see, and happily eat my words if it turns out that my assumptions made an ass of me.

As for the "stunning" F911, that has been available publically for some time now. I have no hesitation in calling it exactly what it is- drivel.

Did I mention I'm not a republican? Did I also mention that up until rather recently I really hated Dubya? This isn't coming from a person who just loves the current administration. This is my impression of Moore, after taking the time to look into the claims he makes in his movies.

Comment

I think I'm going to read some more counterpoint to F911. I just watched it last night for the first time and I'm still a little overloaded by it. ie. what I mean by "Stunned"

Comment

The issue is not about the film.

If freedom of speech is practiced and not just talked about, shouldn't he be able to offer this movie however he can without political influence, even if you don't like the film?

People seem very willing to infringe on MM's freedom of speech because they don't agree with the contents of the film.

A private business can show or not show anything it likes and it has nothing to do with infringing on someones freedom of speech. Your freedom of speech can only be taken away by the Government. There's no proof or any direct allegation that the station was intimidated and just because MM says so I highly doubt it's true.
                        New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                          A private business can show or not show anything it likes and it has nothing to do with infringing on someones freedom of speech. Your freedom of speech can only be taken away by the Government. There's no proof or any direct allegation that the station was intimidated and just because MM says so I highly doubt it's true.
                          Well, Senator McCain has kinda ruined your ability to assert this, with his absurd new campaign laws...
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

My it looks like they are trying to hide something. Question is what?
                            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                              Yes, there is no evidence of government pressure not to show the movie. I perhaps should have called it media self-censorship.

Since you say the government is the only one who can take away your freedom of speech. I would answer that since the media controls most of what we see and hear, they also can restrict or expand your freedom of speech directly by the number of people that get to see or hear your message. In this way they have more power over freedom of speech than the government. (Unless of course the government has some control over what the media shows us...)

I would also agree though that the government can also take away your freedom of speech if they don't like your message. We see it all the time with protesters being hearded off to concentration camps for as much as 2 days without charges being laid against them. Not too many people hear their message when they are in these temporary prisons.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X