Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fiscal Fantasy League

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
    How is playing a fantasy market going to teach anyone anything about the economy? Or are you only talking about the market economy. An experiment like this says nothing about living wages and the cost of living.
    And you know this because....?

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
      And you know this because....?
      I'm not sure I understand the question - are you asking why I know that an investment game doesn't teach anyone about the economy? Because investment markets are not the economy - they play a critical role, but the health of the economy cannot be evaluated simply by looking at market gains and losses.

Comment

I don't think you have a clue about what you're talking about. Anyone who invests in the markets either learns a ton about the economy or loses all their money fast. Unless you're talking about grandma's 1000 shares of JnJ that she bought 40 years ago.

But fair enough. You have your out. Sign up and play and let's see your mojo. If you do well, I'll eat crow. If you do poorly maybe you can explain your knowledge of all the other parts of the economy that weren't covered.

Comment

If anyone has a real system for raping and pillaging the market I am all ears. I would love to quit my day job.

Comment

Buy low, sell high, dude. It's easy if you just stick to that simple rule. ;)

I don't think about it as wanting to quit my day job so much as wanting to make sure that I get my money working hard for me instead of the other way around. I love investing because I make my own rules. On the other hand, I am the only person who enforces any discipline on my decisions. Investing has caused me to seek a deeper understanding of how markets affect each other and the economy.

Plus I'm interested in spreading the word. The toughest thing about actively investing in the markets is managing your emotions. Fear and greed will paralyze you. It will make you throw good money after bad. Every active investor must come to terms with his or her emotions and how they affect decisions. Usually these lessons are delivered in a manner that sticks.

But if you can learn to manage your emotions, anyone can, over time, be rich. Investing also drives certain other healthy behaviors. For example, if you're in the markets, right now you might be asking yourself if you'd rather get that fancy new graphics card or put that money to work on some stock you've been watching for several months and now looks ripe for the picking.

If we do this, and if a few people decide that the markets aren't all that vicious or mysterious after all and start to save more and smarter, I will be very pleased. Especially if I crush all y'all such that you must respeck and recognize. I will be very pleased indeed.

Course if I do poorly I can always point out that fake trading in a competition has nothing to do with real trading. ;)

Comment

The key to successful trading is simple: Leverage heavily.
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X