The tax man's other shoe drops...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tax man's other shoe drops...

Teresa Heinz-Kerry paid taxes at a rate less than the average middle income taxpayer. An excerpt from here:

The top 50% of all federal filers contributed 96.1% of all federal income taxes in 2001, and they paid an average income-tax rate of 15.9%. That's 3.5-percentage points more than Mrs. Kerry paid in 2003." At the "very least, Mrs. Kerry's tax returns are a screaming illustration of the need for reform to make the tax code simpler and fairer. But they also show that Senator Kerry's proposed tax increases are much more about a revenue grab than they are about tax justice."

I just sent the Government $13,000 (I always extend through Oct.) which comes out of my profits at a rate of 24%. I'd take 13.4% if I could. Ever since John Kerry first promised to raise the taxes on those making more than $200,000 a year I believed it was BS. Those making over $200,000 have many more options available to them to avoid taxes and it will have very little effect on the income generated to the Government. This article just proves it, and shows that Kerry will say anything to get elected no matter how proposterous.

If you're still undecided about who to vote for I can give you one very good reason to vote for Bush no matter what else you think about him. He has opened the door publicly to reforming the tax code and looking at options outside of the current IRS system. The Fair Tax is the answer and has the most bi-partisan support of any tax reform proposal. Check it out and vote for your wallet if nothing else.

http://www.fairtax.org/
    New to TG?

Re: The tax man's other shoe drops...

But then there are the pesky, yet handy, family trusts (widely believed to be worth about around one billion dollars) that must mean so much to Teresa and her boys. As the New York Times noted with, incredibly, a hint of disapproval, nothing, nothing, was disclosed about them: "If the trusts are as large as reported and the Kerry campaign has not challenged the billion dollar estimate then even a modest 5 percent return would have generated $50 million of income, 10 times what was on the two pages released by Ms. Heinz Kerry."

Link
    New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...