Stop Uwe Boll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Uwe Boll

Maybe you've heard of this guy called Uwe Boll.

He claims he's a filmmaker, but I humbly believe he was a test, sent by God, so that we might question the idiots that try and make "art" these days.

If you'd like to see some of the crap he's made, here's a little clip of his film adaptation of the House of the Dead games. He is also releasing a film called Postal, which looks like a pile of ****.

Anyway, this guy is clearly talentless, and I am one of the people who has signed this petition to stop Uwe Boll making movies. This petition was started a while back, and when asked about it in an interview, he said that he would stop making movies if it hit a million signatures. This thing is really gaining momentum, and even though that may seem like a ridiculously high number to get to, considering it's in the 100,000's at the moment, there's roughly 1 signature going up every 10 seconds, and a little help from anyone that wants to sign would be great (it'll take literally 2 seconds out of your day, no confirmation E-mail or anything, and your E-Mail address will be kept private if you want it to be, and you can make your own little comment...)

A little entertainment from Uwe Boll that's better than his films at least (note, use of swearing...but in the funniest way imaginable.).
    Last edited by SharinganTH1422; 04-10-2008, 09:18 PM.
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Re: Stop Uwe Boll

Rofl...TNT in a side jacket pocket. That guy is a moron. He's just waiting to blow up. ;)

Zomg. The old guy is using a Jackhammer...but it has no recoil. Did God help him out with that as well?

I honestly don't care if this guy makes Grade B movies (that's what it is). There's plenty of filmmakers out there just like him.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The guy,

a) Thinks he's a genius, and

b) Is actually making "big-budget" films.

Comment

I signed and used a crapper e-mail.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Done, the world has to many of these would-be filmmakers anyway and this one appears to be a complete idiot.

Comment

Publicity Stunt?

Comment

hahahaha when I first clicked on the link I thought it was a joke..
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I actually watched that movie with a friend of mine awhile back. And yes, it truly sucked. But it was still kind of fun in a campy way. I wouldn't ever hire this director to make a good movie, but I don't know that his career is such a blight on the world that he has to be stopped via online petition. :p

Comment

Originally posted by SharinganTH1422 View Post
                  This petition was started a while back, and when asked about it in an interview, he said that he would stop making movies if it hit a million signatures.
                  Well, remember that he was also the dude who offered up a chance for discontented critics to go several rounds with him in the ring. However, he refused to fight anyone with any degree of boxing or martial experience, and instead picked the most inexperienced people he could find.

I wouldn't trust his word if the amount of signatures climbed to two million. :P
                  [squadl]
                  "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

If it did rise to 2 million, do you think any studio would fund him? (Although, you could say that the guy is getting huge publicity)

Also, he said it clearly, he'd be criticized heavily in the media and on Internet forums everywhere. Now, Internet forums may not be the most powerful people in the world, but a lot of opinions are heavily influenced by them, and all types of people related to the industry do keep an eye on them to get the general feeling of the general public, the petition was made on the Internet and had no previous media coverage before an interviewer put the question to Boll himself, and all of these signatures have come from people on the Internet, I'm guessing in the USA it's not a huge story.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_Boll

He gets his funding through German tax laws that reward film production. And, if he loses money on the film, he gets to write it off his taxes. That's probably motivation enough to make the lousy movies that he does. So thank the German government for his horrible, mind-numbing films, of which I'm sure there are many to come.
                      "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                      -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by Uwe Boll
                        I think I made a perfect House of the Dead movie

In a review of Alone in the Dark, Rob Vaux states that the movie should make all other "bad" movie directors feel better in comparison: "'It's okay,' they'll tell themselves, 'I didn't make Alone in the Dark.'"

Comment

I didn't know zombies bled pink pudding. Now I do.

And knowing is half the battle. The other half probably has something to do with lobotomies.

Comment

There was a pretty good Penny Arcade comic regarding Uwe Boll hating people who like video games, video games themselves, and people who go to see movies. I was going to link to it, but apparently PA has taken down their archives - probably just to thwart my efforts.
                            "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                            -- Red Forman

Comment

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't make so many movies based on video games. The fact that they are crap is going to discourage any serious film makers from giving it a go.

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...