Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GlaDOS...she was Venus...and she was suffering... (Major Portal Spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GlaDOS...she was Venus...and she was suffering... (Major Portal Spoilers)

http://www.game-ism.com/?p=91

Oh Dear GOD.

And it isn't pareidolia...she is Botticelli’s Venus.
    This is GlaDOS's DEFAULT pose:

http://www.game-ism.com/?p=97

What did Aperture Science DO to her? And WHY?

This brings up a huge amount of questions, and quite frankly really changes the meaning of almost everything she said in that game...

-Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: GlaDOS...she was Venus...and she was suffering... (Major Portal Spoilers)

This was a triumph.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Did 'em.

Comment

I've seen the top comparison before, so that's not really as groundbreaking as the internets would like me to believe. I wish I could remember where I saw it....
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I hope they incorporate this plot idea in the next Portal. I at least hope they MAKE a Portal 2. Portal's the best game I've played in years. I'm still enjoying it!
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

You all know GLaDOS is long-established as being in Ep 3, right? Portal 2 is announced to be in the "we're considering where we can go with it" phase.

Comment

MAN, the things I did to her in game...! Good times!

Aperture science is going to be a huge player in Episode 3. There's no telling when Portal took place, but I would bet it was before Black Mesa went to all hell in HL1
              Skud

Comment

She did say something in game like, "A lot has changed since you've been outside."

Comment

I think it was after; likely after the seven minute war. GLaDOS warns Chell about how she couldn't protect her from 'them' on the outside.

The cliché obvious way to link them is for Gordon to pick up Chell while zipping through the woods during ZOMG DRIVING MAKES THIS GAME FUN, DOESN'T IT section #26, and then we get cliché obvious established-female-character-being-bitchy-because-of-new-female-character's-presence dialogs until something theatrical happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                    Aperture science is going to be a huge player in Episode 3.
                    I can't wait to play Gordon with a portal gun!
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                      I can't wait to play Gordon with a portal gun!
                      Have Fun.

EDIT: Forgot the instructions link here. Not perfect, but should be entertaining.

Comment

I read in the latest PC Gamer that they have confirmed development on further Portal content. Whether that be Portal 2 or not, who knows, I don't really care - I just want more Portal.
                        "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                        -- Red Forman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X