Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weather in LA during christmas

Hi Fellas,

Could anyone tell me hows the weather in LA(closer to the beach area) during Christmas holidays? Hot/cold/humid etc. How is the water, warm/cold etc.

I google'd it but all I get is some high and low temp's, nothing in regards to water.

Thanks.

Re: weather in LA during christmas

Originally posted by Turbinator View Post
    Hi Fellas,

Could anyone tell me hows the weather in LA(closer to the beach area) during Christmas holidays? Hot/cold/humid etc. How is the water, warm/cold etc.

I google'd it but all I get is some high and low temp's, nothing in regards to water.

Thanks.
    I went to the beach in San Diego (about 100 miles south of LA) last Christmas. The water will be cold, though. Expect high temp 60-65, lows high 40s (assuming you'll be staying near the coast).

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

thanks neutrino,

Also will 1 day be enough to spend in Universal studios? If not how many days would take to check out the whole Universal, including all the rides and tours etc?

Could anyone recommend any attractions in LA (ie Universal studios etc.)

Thanks

Comment

Your weather Turb:
        http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...nav_undeclared
        http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...?climoMonth=12

Comment

One day at Universal was enough for me. Disneyland is also in LA. You must rent a convertible they are just a few bucks more then regular cars. I enjoyed a walk down Venice beach, driving up the coast, driving on Mulholland Drive at sunset. Santa Monica Pier was pretty kewl. It depends what your into.

I always check out these website before I go on anywhere.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/losangeles/

http://www.fodors.com/world/north%20...les/index.html

Comment

Just a quick point to remember: The water off the California coast flows south from Alaska, so its quite cool even during the Summertime. Going swimming during December would be insane.

On the other hand, you are from Vancouver, so it'll at least be warmer than that. Just think of it this way -- if you were willing to go swimming in Vancouver, you'll be fine swimming in LA. If Vancouver was too cold for you, LA won't be much better. Its the same water after all, just a few hundred miles down current.

Comment

Always nice is the answer :) I've lived in Santa Monica for close to 14 years and I can't remember a "cold" Christmas. Maybe one year it dropped down into the 50's. I grew up in GA and Southern CA is like living in heaven and especially Santa Monica: no bugs, heat or humidity, no thunder storms, average is in the 70's year round, all I have to do is open my windows and I've got instant air-conditioning, don't need heat either. I don't miss the South.

The Pacific ocean, on the other hand, is always cold reagardless the time of year. Even during the dead of summer the water will give you a chill. People will sort of run in for a bit then jump out and warm up. I always see surfers don wetsuits regardless of the time of year.
              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
              "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
              - Check me out on The Onion
              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                Just a quick point to remember: The water off the California coast flows south from Alaska, so its quite cool even during the Summertime. Going swimming during December would be insane.

On the other hand, you are from Vancouver, so it'll at least be warmer than that. Just think of it this way -- if you were willing to go swimming in Vancouver, you'll be fine swimming in LA. If Vancouver was too cold for you, LA won't be much better. Its the same water after all, just a few hundred miles down current.
                damn, I thought the water would be warmer. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                  One day at Universal was enough for me. Disneyland is also in LA. You must rent a convertible they are just a few bucks more then regular cars. I enjoyed a walk down Venice beach, driving up the coast, driving on Mulholland Drive at sunset. Santa Monica Pier was pretty kewl. It depends what your into.

I always check out these website before I go on anywhere.

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/losangeles/

http://www.fodors.com/world/north%20...les/index.html

good info, ty Hamberg

Comment

I've gone down there (from San Francisco area) for a southwest driving tour and have been to a few of the theme parks multiple times. As a rule, the SoCal parks take a day each to run. Universal is good. So is Disneyland. For just rides and not shows, check out Magic Mountain to the north. If you're going to San Diego, you have your choice of The Zoo, the Wild Animal Park, and Sea World. I highly recommend the museum complex in San Diego. I spent a day at the Air and Space Museum there.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X