Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone concerned with the election itself?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone concerned with the election itself?

I'm not talking about liberal or conservative here. I'm wondering if the actual voting process is going to work this year.

Ohio has had 500,000 new voters register this year. Among them are Dick Tracy and George Foreman. The fraud has already been committed.

A presidential candidate has already said that he's got a thousand lawyers ready to question the validity of any vote in any close state that he loses.

This is the first year that provisional ballots are required by federal law.

Reports from Florida's early voting are already shaking people's confidence in their new voting process.

It's been widely reported that New York democrats that vacation in Florida have been registering to vote in both places. I think it's safe to assume that there are republicans doing the same.

Will this election be uglier than the last?

Re: Anyone concerned with the election itself?

I think it depends on how close the results are. Some states will be very close and there will be lawsuits. I really hope that we don't have a similar fiasco as 2000, but it looks like it could easily be worse.
    New to TG?

Comment

I firmly expect it to be worse. Neither party is concerned with the country, they are ONLY concerned with doing what it takes to win. Their army of lawyers will kill the system.

Comment

I vote for worse. Sometimes, I long for another Mondale to come along, so we don't even really need to have an election. :P
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold
          A presidential candidate has already said that he's got a thousand lawyers ready to question the validity of any vote in any close state that he loses.
          I heard on the radio on the drive home that the Senator has 10,000 lawyers on standby while the President has 4,000.

14,000 lawyers... Unbelievable...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by AberdeenNews
            The unexamined belief that an ever-higher rate of voter registration is a Good Thing has met its limit in the center of the state that this year is the center of the political universe - Ohio. The U.S. Census Bureau's 2003 estimate is that in Franklin County - Columbus - there are approximately 815,000 people 18 or over. But 845,720 are now registered.
            Source

Originally posted by OhioNewsNow
            Hundreds of cases of suspected election fraud are under review in Franklin County.

"I was surprised by the number," county prosecutor Ron O’Brien told 10TV.

Stacks of voter registration applications are now being scrutinized. Prosecutor O'Brien’s office is reviewing them for irregularities after the applications raised red flags with the Board of Elections.

"What causes some of this to happen is that people are being paid to register new voters," O’Brien said of the practice of paying people by the application.

One application being examined was signed in the name of a man who passed away in February. Another 25 applications show different addresses for the same man.

Six of the suspicious forms were submitted by representatives of the Columbus Urban League, while 62 others came from ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

...And you might recognize the name of Nuradin Abdi. He’s a native of Somalia charged with plotting to blow up a Columbus mall.

"As far as board of elections is concerned, Abdi is a registered voter," board of elections director Matt Damschroeder said.

We now know according to federal officials, he's an illegal alien. That would mean he can't legally vote. But the Franklin County Board of Elections had no way of checking that when they sent him a voter registration card early this year.

The board takes a person's word, that they're a U.S. citizen.
            Source

OK, this is going to be a huge problem. Look at the last presidential election, where only one state was really in dispute. Now look at how many states are so close and already have fraud problems!

Mark my words: If this election is as close as the polls seem to indicate, this nation is going to have serious troubles. I mean serious. Like riots. International attacks. Stock market crash. Jailbreaks. Dogs sleeping with cats. Pigs flying! Oh, sorry, got a bit carried away... Anyway, you'll see. Beware the ides of March!
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've heard on the news that down here in the Carolinas, there is an investigation because some folks have registered in both North & South Carolina... and it's not just a few people. I'll have to find the article, but I believe their investigating whole organizations for voter fraud.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

The election isn't going to be close. There. I said it again. ;)

Comment

Diebold voting machines + no receipt for your vote = another stolen election. :(

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Ah yes, the mating cry of the loser. "Waaaaa, no fair!"

Good thing these folks aren't trying to win a war.

Comment

I've been meaning to start another thread for this. I'll share my thoughts here.

What happens if your vote is electronic, there's no paper trail, and the count is contested? I've thought about this and find it fascinating.

I write computer software. I've yet to see software without bugs. EVER.

EVER.

So the vote is contested. There's no paper trail. Let's recount.

... oops.. what are we recounting? Nothing.. it's just "Play It Again, Sam" and welcome to the 21st century? All you can do is run the tally software against the data (votes) again?

It seems to me that what you're really contesting is the software itself, or perhaps the training process that users are put through before they use the machine.

Essentially, it seems that we're trusting the election to the entity (I would say party, but for confusion) providing the election software. I'm not sure how closely this software is audited (and, more importantly, trusted), but I get the feeling it's only a matter of time before that audit is declared as insufficient or invalid by someone who deems that claim self-serving.
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Leave the cheap shots at the door so that I can continue to participate in this thread and this forum, even if only briefly.

Can we please treat each other, and our ideas, with respect in this thread? Unsolicited and unprovoked respect? Please?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Which cheap shot? The cheap shot that claims that the President of the United States, whose election in Florida was duly authorized, the tally of votes subsequently scrutinized, and the process ultimately overseen by the US Supreme Court, is a fraudulent winner of the election? The cheap shot that is already alleging, as a matter of policy we know thanks to the leaked CO Dem. handbook, that the same thing will happen again - even when there is no evidence to support the claim?

These people are like the little boy who cried wolf and are losing all credibility. When the other side wins, just say it was rigged, bogus, a cheat. It scares and enfuriates me.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                            Which cheap shot? The cheap shot that claims that the President of the United States, whose election in Florida was duly authorized, the tally of votes subsequently scrutinized, and the process ultimately overseen by the US Supreme Court, is a fraudulent winner of the election? The cheap shot that is already alleging, as a matter of policy we know thanks to the leaked CO Dem. handbook, that the same thing will happen again - even when there is no evidence to support the claim?

These people are like the little boy who cried wolf and are losing all credibility. When the other side wins, just say it was rigged, bogus, a cheat. It scares and enfuriates me.
                            You like Rush Limbaugh, don't you...

Comment

Fear and fury are not justification for treating other people with disrespect.

Meet the challenge.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X