Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TG Fantasy Stock Market League

You could buy jpmorgan now its eaten the bear

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I just sold everything so I can start fresh.

Comment

Nice.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

So you made a profit over that term ?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I found an account a bit like this except they give you real money and let you trade tenths of a unit. You only get use of the money for 3 months and they take it back but you get 100 UKP to play with and in theory its real, you get to keep any money you make though so far Ive made only tiny trades and overall 'lost' about 15p (30 cents)

Ive not had to give them any real money and they havent got my card details, I expect they did a credit check on me but seems a good deal for anyone who wants a half way between fantasy market and the real deal

Buying .10 of a unit of stock is the same as 10 shares I believe. You could buy upto aprox 3 units with the free allowance of 100, but unless you got lucky first try that would likely ruin it

www.iii.co.uk is the link

Comment

How's everyone doing? :D

I just wanted to pop in and eat a little crow for Tybalt, who called it like rain.

Comment

I wish! I actually bought a couple calls this morning! I was certain that bailout would pass. I suppose I should be less cynical next time?

Overall it was a decent day for me, because I hold a larger number of S&P500 implosion options than anything else, but the calls definitely hurt me.

...Wish I had held onto those AAPL puts though. That one was so obvious. Conspicuous consumption always takes a hit in recessions. Think that cow has left the barn now, though.
                A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

Comment

I just saw that the VIX is now over 50 for the first time since 10/16/89.

The VIX is an index that measures volatility and, by extention, fear. If we aren't damn near a bottom now we are truly in for a nasty ride.

Comment

Word. I just sold 1/2 of my options.

The VIX directly measures options values; the more options increase in price, the higher the anticipated volatility.

Might be time to jump on the other 1/2 soon, but what the heck. Let's see how far the ride takes us.
                    Last edited by Nikolas; 10-06-2008, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X