Fiscal Immorality in the US Government

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiscal Immorality in the US Government

This is straight from the Comptroller General of the United States. I tend to believe him since he's much more expert than I am on the matter. Kind of scary. Whether you are democrat or republican, liberal or conservative, you would be wise to realize that our politicians need to stop making so many promises to us that will end up bankrupting the US, or shove the problems onto future generations.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS2fI2p9iVs[/media]
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: Fiscal Immorality in the US Government

Like him or hate him, here's another good and related video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-16u9x3tfE&NR=1[/media]
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Yea, unfortunately this has been going on for awhile and it is kind of what every politician avoids as a whole kind of like a teenager avoids his angry parents when they come home at midnight drunk/stoned..

Bet this happens though: US never pays back China (war possibility), may pay back some more regular 'westernlike' nations, US economy almost becomes somewhat like Mexicos before we go back up, problem isnt even talked about by the president for next 20 years??

Edit: Nice Quote for a sig though, Voltaire had one hell of a mind..
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

The problem in that equation isn't that the US owes a certain amount of money "to China" as if it's a bank loan.

By saying that they "won't pay" it essentially is an implicit bankruptcy of the US economy. Foreign citizen's own US bonds, these would be worthless in your scenario.

The value of the US dollar as a fiat currency depends on the ability of its citizens to pay the debt etc., there is no gold in Fort Knox anymore to represent the dollar.
        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I had to turn it off before my head exploeded. Yeah the numbers sound huge but this isn't a company and we're not going bankrupt. And these are the same people who bash conservatives... pick a side! "We spend too much! Don't cut finances for PETA" (no idea who finances PETA)
          We need another like Clinton that just sits around and does nothing and leaves the problems for the next guy. All was great under Clinton because we only had to pay cleaning bills. Maybe another Clinton makes the White House and we don't last long enough to care how much debt we have. We should think about that as we predict our demise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Striker View Post
            We need another like Clinton that just sits around and does nothing and leaves the problems for the next guy. All was great under Clinton because we only had to pay cleaning bills.
            Gridlock was great, but it just slowed the beast. It didn't stop it or reverse it. And none of the current front-runners have any interest in even slowing it. The one guy interested in reversing it has been labeled a crackpot.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I can't argue with that I guess :)

Comment

Does anybody know the chances of if McCain would win? Im hoping the countrys smarter than that but still... Bush got reelected..
                "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

We're not smarter then that I guess. I voted for Bush twice and will be voting for McCain this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                    Does anybody know the chances of if McCain would win? Im hoping the countrys smarter than that but still... Bush got reelected..
                    The chances are getting better by the day.

Comment

We're not smarter then that I guess. I voted for Bush twice and will be voting for McCain this time.
                      I honestly dont even understand why someone would want McCain in power rather than any democrat, from some old thread that was here (not sourced however) it already showed the economy with Republicans and Democrats last couple terms and McCain is saying he wants to stay in Iraq for another 100 years I think he was quoted for? I'm assuming and hoping that its not just for the Republican vs. Democrats ****e...

Why would you rather have McCain than someone else?

Comment

According to intrade.com's prediction market, McCain has a ~40% chance of winning. For calibration purposes, intrade also lists Barack Obama as having a 72% chance of securing the Democratic nomination.

To answer your second question, I prefer McCain because of his positions on guns, taxes, and also like his more tolerant attitude.
                        Last edited by Nikolas; 05-03-2008, 11:39 PM.
                        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Two words: false government

I'd rather have none of the above. The only legitimate candidate is Ron Paul, at this point. The other three are all puppets of corporations and shadow governments. You will only see the world and this country further plummet into chaos, before "they" (and I don't mean bush/obama/mccain, I mean their overlords) provide a final solution. In 20 years, nothing will be as it is now. This election is merely to give the sheep the illusion of choice. There is no choice in a system designed to control you.

It is essentially this being proposed to you: you can be manipulated by this face, or this face, or this face over here. Its actually quite amusing to realize the extent of the dupe being played upon humanity. The sad part is, some of those most responsible actually think they're doing humanity a favor. I suppose generations from now, we'll see.

Comment

Yep, that's pretty much why. I agree with republicans on all issues. Gun rights, taxes, abortion, gay marrage, immigration, death penalty, etc. I don't agree with the way demacrats think. McCain is almost too liberal for me but he'll do.

Comment

"We spend too much! Don't cut finances for PETA" (no idea who finances PETA)
                              You can't possibly think (that liberals think?) that the government finances PETA?

*brain explodes*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X