Economic Stimulus Payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economic Stimulus Payment

Those TGers in America, do u plan on spending it (like it is intended), saving it, paying bills, or something else. I, personally, don't know yet and should be getting it no later than Friday. Maybe boost PC performance?? What do u guys think.

This is not a thread on whether or not it's (the money) a good idea or not. Whether you like it or not, ur still gettin it. How are u spending it?
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Re: Economic Stimulus Payment

Got mine. Going straight into my investments. You might get more replies if you move this to the sandbox thread :)

Thank you to the higher income earners who "sponsored" this. It will be put to good use.

Haikus are easy.
    But sometimes they don't make sense.
    Refrigerator.

Comment

You mean your government just gives you money? I wish britain was like that.

Comment

Do you get this money if you're under 18? I worked hard washing dishes and making tacos and they aren't even going to include me as part of the economy...bastards..

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
          Do you get this money if you're under 18? I worked hard washing dishes and making tacos and they aren't even going to include me as part of the economy...bastards..
          If you declared earned money from a "real" job then yes, you should be getting a tax refund. As for me, I'll be putting the money towards a new set of desperately needed tires so I don't kill myself when it rains or snows :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by ollie_fool View Post
            You mean your government just gives you money? I wish britain was like that.
            It sounds nice but it's only a tax rebate that some people get. Those that don't get it are technically paying for it. That means I have a fraction of *insert well-known rich guy*'s money that I didn't earn, and that he didn't have a choice but to give (not right).

Haikus are easy.
            But sometimes they don't make sense.
            Refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
              Depends. Did you file a tax return this year? If you made at least $3000 and filed a tax return, then you get the rebate. If you made, say, $4000 and realized you wouldnt actually owe any taxes, and decided not to file...then no rebate for you. Sorry. If you made only $2500, then no rebate again.

The amount of your rebate depends on how much taxes you paid. If you owed nothing at all, or paid anything less than $300, you get $300 back. That's what I'll get since I had enough deductions to hit $0 tax owed. If you paid between $300 and $600, you get back exactly what you paid. If you paid more than $600, you get $600 back.

It gets more complicated with joint returns, kids, social security, etc, but that's the basics of it.

Comment

Gas, rent, rainy day. As much as I'd like a PS3, not going to happen this quarter.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
                  It sounds nice but it's only a tax rebate that some people get. Those that don't get it are technically paying for it. That means I have a fraction of *insert well-known rich guy*'s money that I didn't earn, and that he didn't have a choice but to give (not right).
                  Wait, I paid something like $10k in taxes this year, got $600 back, and I'm supposed to believe it came from someone else's pocket?

It doesn't work like that: all the money the federal government gets goes into one big pile and they take out what they need on a case by case basis. No one is "paying" for this package out of pocket anymore than I "payed" out of pocket to build new roads and schools (granted, those are both state handled jobs, but you get the point).

Comment

Well, your rebate money may not have come out of someone elses pocket, but mine sure did. :p Don't you remember them scrambling to add rebates for people who didn't actually pay any taxes at the last moment? It would probably be reasonably accurate to say my rebate came out of that $10k you already paid. ;)

Comment

It's not even a real rebate, and frankly it's a poor attempt to jumpstart the economy since Bus and Co have tanked it with the ongoing war and terror campaign.

I'll be spending it now instead of saving it due to financial need reasons, and the money I would have saved during the year for this need will instead go into savings instead of getting spent so I still come out ahead.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Again, I know alot of people's views are going to be different on whether this is good or bad for the economy in the long run...that is not the question. What you plan on doing with it is the question.

And sorry for not posting this in the Sandbox forums....didn't think about it.
                        sigpic
                        I'm Back.

Comment

Originally posted by BandaidBandit View Post
                          Again, I know alot of people's views are going to be different on whether this is good or bad for the economy in the long run...that is not the question. What you plan on doing with it is the question.
                          Put it away for property taxes come the end of this year.

Comment

Ok, so I already got my tax return back. is this "stimulus money" something separate or is it included in the return?

Comment

Separate.

I got my $600 back from the stimulus. I might spend a few bucks on a used bike or some furniture.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X