Date Locations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date Locations

With Summer creeping up on us things always start getting heated up a lot more..

Where's everybodys favorite places to take dates (1st-date or after-awhile-just-going-out dates)

Personally for me movies is always the original place but then if anythings going on or its just a nice night its always relaxing to walk over to a quiet viewpoint area...

The areas definitely matter on what type of person you are and that your going out with/married to but I'd bet that everybody can atleast on a couple good locations or ideas...
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: Date Locations

Dinner and a movie is cliche unless you do it right. The key to having a good date is to be creative. Go places and do things you wouldnt normally think of. Some examples: go to a nice restaurant that has music playing and ask your date to dance right in the middle of the restaurant. Set up a projector and a blanket in your backyard and watch old movies on the side of the house. Go to a jazz club. Find an arboretum and have a contest to see who can find the most different colored flowers. Go to the beach at night with a sketch pad and make up your own constellations (and sketch them). Excite the senses, dont just sit in a smelly theater staring silently at the movie screen.

Just my two cents.

Comment

I'm glad this question isn't in the How Smart Are You thread. I'd get like, –5.

Comment

Tell her you have a few sticks of gum and there is a great movie playing on CBS.

Comment

Minor league baseball games are fun. I had one date suggest we go to a strip club. THAT date ended well!

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
            Minor league baseball games are fun. I had one date suggest we go to a strip club. THAT date ended well!
            Thread over. Now we just need to get your source. :D
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

What worked well for me last Summer? Various things. It seriously helps that I live downtown and there is plenty of grade A women available to choose from. When they asked where I live and I'd say "downtown", I was pretty much in automatically. I live down the street from like 2 good art museums, which I found to be good dates since you can see how a person thinks about different things. Are they abstract or literal minds? I am also by the botanical gardens which is great to just casually walk and talk and admire the beauty.

To tell you the truth, though, my Nintendo Wii has gotten me the most successful numbers. It sounds nerdy, but it works! You're chatting it up with new girls and ask them if they've played the Wii before. They usually say no and that they've ALWAYS wanted to try it out. Perfect opportunity to invite them back to your place for a round of Wii bowling, etc. Ask them to come another night of course cause you don't wanna sound creepy or that you have bad intentions. I've never been turned down and they get to see your fun and playful side.

If you don't have a Wii, BUY ONE TODAY! I never woulda thought a Nintendo could get a guy so much action, but I swear it does. A Wii ends up being cheaper than multiple dates out on the town anyhow, and girls seem to like it way more than a cheesy dinner and a movie.
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I don't even have a Wii but I know that's a damn winner.
                Skud

Comment

If you bring her home after a beer for Wii, this might be a good date game to play:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/su...i.html?cpg=70H

:D

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Wow thats the first ive seen; a strap on video game controller... Woah.

Haha I would kill at that game though, not sure how comfy that would be if a guy was wearing it though...

Anyways,
                    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Go somewhere with alot of booze and no other human soul around =)

Comment

Originally posted by Steamers View Post
                        Go somewhere with alot of booze and no other human soul around =)
                        I don't know about a lot of booze, but a bottle of champagne and a picnic lunch and nobody around but you and your lover is quite a date. A park is OK, but if you know of someplace nice where you are absolutely sure there will be zero other people then it's even better as things can progress as far as the two of you want them to...

You can go two ways with the picnic meal: have fun with the informality of it or have fun making it VERY formal where she wouldn't expect it. Cloth napkins, champagne, candlelight, multiple courses can make for a very fun time. Once for a high school dance, I took my wife out to dinner at a city park. We sat down to a park bench and my uncle, dressed in a tux, appeared out of nowhere, lit a couple of candles, put napkins on our laps and served us a 4 course meal. From Taco Bell. It was great fun and it was an evening that neither she nor I will ever forget. If you can find a buddy that will do this for you, I assure you that she will never forget it.

If you just want a lighthearted date, just get some fruit (grapes or strawberries or some that doesn't need to be peeled/cut), a fried or broiled chicken from KFC or your local grocery store (put in the fridge overnight. Chilled chicken is GREAT for picnics.), a bottle of champagne OR sparkling apple cider/sparkling grape juice (Martenelli's or Welch's), some good cheese, some good crackers, a small cutting board, a cheese knife, some good chocolate for dessert and you're all set. Throw a few bottles of water in there, too. Don't forget paper plates, paper napkins and a small trash bag to clean up. I've been on many, many picnics like this, but to some people, this would also be unforgettable. At the very least it's a good time for very little coin and easy prep.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                          If you bring her home after a beer for Wii, this might be a good date game to play:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/su...i.html?cpg=70H

:D
                          ROFL - Super Pii Pii Brothers

Dating a girl with piinis envy sounds painful

Comment

On the Wii game, be sure to click on the "add to cart" link.

Gotta try a "picnic" of just varieties of chocolate....

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                              On the Wii game, be sure to click on the "add to cart" link.

Gotta try a "picnic" of just varieties of chocolate....
                              OMG... I sold my Wii a month ago, otherwise i would have been on top of that. 2 funny

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X