Bin Laden Transcript

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin Laden Transcript

Since I was only hearing snippets yesterday, I looked up the translation of this video to get the whole picture. Here it is for you to read, if you so choose. Can we have a civil discussion on what you guys think of this? I have to admit, it's really messing with my perspective.

You, the American people, I talk to you today about the best way to avoid another catastrophe and about war, its reasons and its consequences.

And in that regard, I say to you that security is an important pillar of human life, and that free people do not compromise their security.

Contrary to what [President George W.] Bush says and claims -- that we hate freedom --let him tell us then, "Why did we not attack Sweden?" It is known that those who hate freedom don't have souls with integrity, like the souls of those 19. May the mercy of God be upon them.

We fought with you because we are free, and we don't put up with transgressions. We want to reclaim our nation. As you spoil our security, we will do so to you.

I wonder about you. Although we are ushering the fourth year after 9/11, Bush is still exercising confusion and misleading you and not telling you the true reason. Therefore, the motivations are still there for what happened to be repeated.

And I will talk to you about the reason for those events, and I will be honest with you about the moments the decision was made so that you can ponder. And I tell you, God only knows, that we never had the intentions to destroy the towers.

But after the injustice was so much and we saw transgressions and the coalition between Americans and the Israelis against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it occurred to my mind that we deal with the towers. And these special events that directly and personally affected me go back to 1982 and what happened when America gave permission for Israel to invade Lebanon. And assistance was given by the American sixth fleet.

During those crucial moments, my mind was thinking about many things that are hard to describe. But they produced a feeling to refuse and reject injustice, and I had determination to punish the transgressors.

And as I was looking at those towers that were destroyed in Lebanon, it occurred to me that we have to punish the transgressor with the same -- and that we had to destroy the towers in America so that they taste what we tasted, and they stop killing our women and children.

We found no difficulties in dealing with the Bush administration, because of the similarities of that administration and the regimes in our countries, half of which are run by the military and half of which are run by monarchs. And our experience is vast with them.

And those two kinds are full of arrogance and taking money illegally.

The resemblance started when [former President George H.W.] Bush, the father, visited the area, when some of our own were impressed by America and were hoping that the visits would affect and influence our countries.

Then, what happened was that he was impressed by the monarchies and the military regimes, and he was jealous of them staying in power for tens of years, embezzling the public money without any accountability. And he moved the tyranny and suppression of freedom to his own country, and they called it the Patriot Act, under the disguise of fighting terrorism. And Bush, the father, found it good to install his children as governors and leaders.

We agreed with the leader of the group, Mohammed Atta, to perform all attacks within 20 minutes before [President George W.] Bush and his administration were aware of what was going on. And we never knew that the commander-in-chief of the American armed forces would leave 50,000 of his people in the two towers to face those events by themselves when they were in the most urgent need of their leader.

He was more interested in listening to the child's story about the goat rather than worry about what was happening to the towers. So, we had three times the time necessary to accomplish the events.

Your security is not in the hands of [Democratic presidential nominee John] Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands. Any nation that does not attack us will not be attacked.

Re: Bin Laden Transcript

So then I said to myself, "Israel invaded Lebanon? Man, am I uneducated on this. Let me do some research."

See, now I pass my efforts on to you. :) Here's a bit of info on why Israel invaded Lebanon in 1982:

Originally posted by From palestinefacts.org
    In June 1978, Prime Minister Begin, under intense American pressure, withdrew Israel's Litani River Operation forces from southern Lebanon. They were replaced by UNIFIL, a UN force to restore peace and help the Lebanonese government re-establish its authority, as authorized by UN Resolution 425. The withdrawal of Israeli troops without having removed the PLO from its bases in southern Lebanon became a major embarrassment to the Begin government, maintaining pressure for Israel to return.

UNIFIL was unable to prevent terrorists from reinfiltrating the region and introducing new, more dangerous arms. Cross-border conflict between Israel and the various forces in Southern Lebanon continued at differing levels of intensity after 1978. Civilians on both sides, and UNIFIL peacekeepers, were killed as the fighting ebbed and flowed. Israel increased its support of the Lebanese Christian Militia in the south, under Major Saad Haddad, who regularly fought armed PLO fighters but also caused casualties among non-combatants. The US government during the Carter administration (1976-1980) had several times joined in UN condemnations of Israeli raids and reprisals in South Lebanon, always condemning simultaneously PLO terrorist cross-border activities (generally not condemned by the UN).

In July of 1981 Lebanese-American Philip Habib was sent by the Reagan Administration to negotiate a more lasting cease-fire between Lebanon and Israel. On July 24 Habib announced agreement that all hostile military action between Lebanese and Israeli territory in either direction would cease. For the next eleven months the cease-fire was in effect as a formality, but the PLO repeatedly violated the agreement. Israel charged that the PLO staged 270 terrorist actions in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza, and along the Lebanese and Jordanian borders. Twenty*nine Israelis died and more than 300 were injured in the attacks. In April 1982, after a landmine killed an Israeli officer, the rocket attacks and air strikes recommenced.

Israeli strikes and commando raids were unable to stem the growth of the PLO army which built camps, trained thousands of fighters, and stockpiled arms in south Lebanon. The situation in the Galilee became intolerable as the frequency of attacks forced thousands of Israeli residents to flee their homes or to spend large amounts of time in bomb shelters. Israel was not prepared to wait for more deadly attacks to be launched against its civilian population before acting against the PLO terrorists.

The final provocation occurred in June 3, 1982 when a Palestinian terrorist group led by Abu Nidal attempted to assassinate Israel's Ambassador to Great Britain, Shlomo Argov. The IDF subsequently bombed PLO bases and ammunition dumps in Beirut and attacked other targets in Lebanon on June 4-5, 1982. The PLO responded with a massive artillery and mortar attack on the Israeli population of the Galilee. It was the PLO shelling, and not directly the Argov shooting as is sometimes assumed, that triggered the Israeli invasion of Lebanon.

On June 6, 1982, under the direction of Defense Minister Ariel Sharon, Israel invaded Lebanon with a massive force, called Operation Peace for the Galilee, driving all the way to Beirut and putting the PLO and residents, as well as the Lebanese civilian population of that city, under siege. Israel justified its breech of the Habib cease-fire by citing the attempted assassination of the Israeli ambassador in London and a build-up of PLO armaments in South Lebanon. Israel was also concerned by increasing Syrian involvement in the Lebanese civil war and wanted to forestall a hostile, Syrian-backed government developing in Lebanon.

Former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger said of the operation:

No sovereign state can tolerate indefinitely the buildup along its borders of a military force dedicated to its destruction and implementing its objectives by periodic shellings and raids. (Washington Post, June 16, 1982)

Comment

paid for by the democratic national commity. www.democrat.org. John Kerry is not resposible for the content of this ad.
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I think he's full of crap and it's just a speech designed for maximum impact on US voters. Why does he care about US laws? If he started hating us in Lebanon, why did he ally with us in Afghanistan? Why did he specifically mention Sweden? Random? Or is it because middle eastern muslim immigrants are causing some trouble in Sweden and that nation seems unwilling to deal with the problems?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I would wager he mentioned Sweden because Sweden is notoriously neutral, and doesn't get involved in these conflicts.

Comment

Do you mean Switzerland? They're more notorious for their neutrality, I think.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

i find this typical, the facts he has are warped, due only to the fact that the teechings of his government and therefore his perceptions of events are shaped to keep them in sole control.

its a classic case of, most Germans did not know of the final solution, and the propaganda that insighted racial hatred in the first place.

i actuall studied the event in question a few years back, and it was clear then as it was from your article Luna, that the invaision of Lebanon was a result of continued attacks along its boarders. i believe i was reading about how it got so bad that the boarder towns and cities were expecting daily attacks.

Now you soo if you said this to Bin Laden because of the rubbish he has been ingrained with he would laugh in your face. ofcourse there is always the question as to whether we are the ones who are beng lied to.....

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Sweden, Switzerland... who the hell knows the difference? (Not me, apparently.)

Comment

Just so long as I'm allowed to keep my Swedish Army Knife.. I'm happy. :)
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

My first impression was that if this guy is the best they got then this war will not be too difficult after all. He does not have full control of his faculties or he is more stupid than I imagined. Either way, he's toast.

I found a slightly different translation here (scroll down past the American idiot's speech..btw, this site is good reading all around). As I was reading it I was captured by a couple points and contradictions.

Originally posted by OBL
                    He (Bush) says that we hate freedom. He should tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example.
                    Because they don't have MTV, Budwieser and Playboy or the most projected military force in the history of Mankind. Oh, and we support moderate Islamic states.

Originally posted by OBL
                    But we fought you because we are free people. We donít want oppression. We want to regain the freedom of our Muslim nation. As you spoil our security, we will spoil your security.
                    Yeah, some of that good 'ol Taliban Freedom. Dominance and control of your people is what you seek. Elections in Afghanistan are not Freedom? Even if you think the elections were rigged, corrupt or otherwise not legit they happened.

Originally posted by OBL
                    But I will tell you the reasons for these attacks.
                    He never really does give us any other reason besides the Lebanon smoke screen.

Originally posted by OBL
                    I tell you that God knows we did not originally thing to attack the towers.
                    Originally posted by OBL
                    As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the same way and to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are experiencing, so that they stop killing our children and women.
                    Okay, so which is it? You wanted to destroy the towers or you didn't?

Originally posted by OBL
                    We had no difficulty in dealing with Bush and his administration because they resemble the regimes in our countries, half of which are ruled by the military and the other half by the sons of kings, and we have a lot of experience dealing with them.
                    The only thing Bush Sr. and Arab rulers have in common is the desire to rule their countries. Their reasons for doing so are different, IMO.

Originally posted by OBL
                    So he (Bush Sr.)transferred the oppression of freedom and tyranny to his son and he created the Patriot Law to fight terrorism.
                    Which was voted on and passed overwhemingly by congress. Before someone says they didn't have time to read the bill before they voted on it, they can repeal the law and/or take it to the Supreme Court if it's such a terrible law. Let's see that happen in Saudi Arabia.

Originally posted by OBL
                    He was intelligence and put his sons as governors in states and he didn't forget to transfer his experience from the rulers of our region to Florida to falsify elections so that he could benefit from it in critical times.
                    Someones been watching too much Michael Moore.

Originally posted by OBL
                    We had agreed with the overall commander Mohammed Atta, may God bless his soul, to carry out all of the operations in 20 minutes before Bush and his administration would take notice.

But we never thought that the high commander in chief of the American forces (Bush) would leave 50,000 citizens in the two towers to face those horrors alone at a time when they most needed him because he did not want to be distracted from listening to a child discussing her goat and its butting, thinking it was more important than the planes and their ramming of the skyscrapers. This gave us three times the time needed to carry out the operations, thanks be to God.
                    Three times the time needed? How long did Bush sit with the Children after he had been told about the second plane? 7, 11 or 17 minutes? No matter, ridiculous on its face. And again, someone's been watching too much Michael Moore.

Originally posted by OBL
                    Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands and each state which does not attack us, will not be attacked either.
                    Oh I see, so the Jihadis they just arrested in Spain were there on vacation?

PRAISE GOD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION. BUSH / CHENEY '04!
                    New to TG?

Comment

Someones been watching too much Michael Moore.

i was just6 about to say that as i was reading your post.... lol

maybe michael moore is binladen, just 5000 pies later

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Sorry, but I disagree with some of the quick judgements about this speech.

I think his speech was extremely well thought out, intelligent and eloquent. Definitely not without purpose, and somewhat thought provoking.

When your "enemy" speaks directly to you, whether you choose to agree with the message or not you should carefully consider all that he is saying. (or not saying)

I also think that there is no skill to ridiculing and underestimating your opponent.

I for one am going to print it out and take a few days to carefully consider exactly what he is trying to accomplish with this message.
                        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I wouldn't say that his speech was particularly eloquent. What I will say is that clearly, he has learned how to address the american public more effectively. When 50% of the population believes Michael Moore and what he's saying, Bin Laden stands a decent chance of getting those folks to lend an ear.

What bothers me is that Mr. Bin Laden (can I call him Mr. Bin? Or is it Mr. Laden?) is that he seems to feel that Governor Bush and President Bush Jr. were put in their positions because Pres. Bush Sr. wanted it to be that way. The people of Florida CHOSE to put Jeb in office. They can elect him out next election season if they so choose. Additionally, no matter how you spin it, George W. Bush won the last election. Our Supreme Court in the end made the decision, not George Bush Sr. Whenever there is something close to a tie, no matter what we're discussing- politics, sports, etc. there will always be this "no fair" whining. It doesn't mean there is suddenly a big conspiracy to discover.

And regarding Bush waiting a whole 7 minutes before responding- what was he expected to do, really? Jump up, go running out of the classroom with his arms flailing, shouting "THE TERRORISTS ARE COMING! THE TERRORISTS ARE COMING!"? He is not the person who needed to appear shocked or scared. He needed to appear calm and in control. Surely, all of the people that we have specifically for such an event were doing their jobs. Disaster teams react. We have people to handle these incidences. Bush is not a dictator- local officials and government establishments do not wait with baited breath to see what he is going to tell them to do.

What I would really like to know from Mr. Bin Laden is what exactly he figures the common American has to do with his personal issues against the US. In 1982, I was 4 years old. What happened in Lebanon has nothing, I repeat, NOTHING to do with the average citizen. And yet, it is us whom he targets. I guarantee you that of the over 3000 victims from 9/11 at best a tiny fraction of them knew a damn thing about Lebanon or had anything to do with it.

There's a right way to handle issues, and a wrong way. Sending a video to the American people explaining your position is a good way. Sending a video to the American people only after slaughtering thousands of us? That's the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
                            Sorry, but I disagree with some of the quick judgements about this speech.

I think his speech was extremely well thought out, intelligent and eloquent. Definitely not without purpose, and somewhat thought provoking.

When your "enemy" speaks directly to you, whether you choose to agree with the message or not you should carefully consider all that he is saying. (or not saying)

I also think that there is no skill to ridiculing and underestimating your opponent.

I for one am going to print it out and take a few days to carefully consider exactly what he is trying to accomplish with this message.

oh whatever man,

dont tell people here that we have made snap judgements when it is clear Luna has looked into this message further.

and further more dont be so ignorant as to believe we are ignorant of the context to this speech and have not read it through ourselves..

honestly i dont mean to insult you but i felt insulted by your comment and i think, while im sure it wasnt intended that way, it just called all here ignorant.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

osama bin laden must be destroyed, freedom fighter or a terrorist and i believe that george w bush has the strength to destroy him. john kerry?! he's a man of only words, everything that he's telling us he's only telling us the stuff that we want to hear. he's really not for the people, he will slack off on the war against terrorism. and above all, he will not be the "better" commander-in-chief.

it's interesting, because he mentions a dozen times in the democratic national convention how he will never mislead america into war. but then, 5 days before the election and so on, he mentions that he'll stop at nothing to kill osama bin laden and all the terrorists.

"senator kerry, with all due respect, we are at war and in case if you forgot, this is war against terrorism AT THEIR TURF!!! would you really prefer pulling out our troops in iraq and allow the terrorists in america?! hell, i'd rather fight terror in their turf and fighting them in MY turf." --Roger Cheng "aka: Nightfire"

on tuesday, my vote goes for George W. Bush.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X