Schools : Dictatorship's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schools : Dictatorship's

Should schools be treated as it's a dictatorship?
    Many school's today are thinking it's that way.
    What do you think?
    Me - I'll Just blame bush.
    Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Re: Schools : Dictatorship's

OK, that's it. I'm raising the flag:

Your horrible grammar and immature posts are forcing me to question your claim that you're a third grade teacher. Why in the world would you lie about something like that?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post

Your horrible grammar and immature posts are forcing me to question your claim that you're a third grade teacher. Why in the world would you lie about something like that?
      Yeah I was raising that flag to another tg'er after the "military are crazy" and "southerners are hicks" comments. The superfluous apostrophe in the thread title caught my attention. But she claims to be from NJ so who knows...

FWIW I've been spending my work weeks in Newark since mid February, which I'm sure makes some of you feel sorry for me and others smile. Anyway, this place is literally crawling with people from NJ, and I haven't noticed any stinkiness, but Jesus GOD the driving...

Anyway, to answer the question posed, yes. Children aren't adults. They don't have adult minds, and they don't make adult decisions. If you try to have a group of children run the show like they must in a democracy, you wind up with broken conch shells and busted glasses.

Comment

What would you rather have? A school where kids can decide their educations for themselves, or having a teacher that knows what's best to teach them? A school should be a "dictatorship," children who have no idea what's best for them should not be allowed to make important decisions. Besides, even the newspapers can be controlled by the school administration. Is that a bad thing? No, it's not.

And yeah I seriously doubt that you're a teacher after some of your posts.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Public schools aren't places of education. They're places of indoctrination, to prepare "citizens" to be good little worker drones who don't ask questions.

Even colleges are going this way, suppressing dissent to insure that no one is offended.

I accept that private schools should be considered private property and should run their campuses however they wish. But if they want my respect as places of education, they need to encourage questioning and skepticism, not acceptance of doctrine.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
            If you try to have a group of children run the show like they must in a democracy, you wind up with broken conch shells and busted glasses.
            Great Lord of the Flies ref! So true.
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Some schools (including mine) have a 'School council', where pupils get to 'make a difference' about what happens at the school. We get asked our opinions on aspects of school life and how we would change them, so we tell them that the school meals are overpriced, or that the buses are too expensive and nearly always late, or that the school needs to be more environmentally friendly. We suggest ways to help change these things.

Then we get told to get real.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post

First of all, I am a second grade teacher. I wake up at 5:30 and grade tests/short stories until about 6:10. I have to get to the school at 6:30 for meetings every morning, I get out of these meetings at 7:20. Then I grade more papers until 7:50 and I get ten free minutes until 8. I teach a group of twenty-five second graders until about 3:00. I get home..and what? More papers so that's until like 4:30. I have to call parents about more meetings and what not. That takes about thirty minutes. My day is "complete" at 5:00...oh wait what's this. I have to insert every grade a made into a tiny box in my grade booklet. That can take any where from thirty minutes to two hours..I eat diner..Watch something on TV..Then I go to bed...Repeat...Oh wait did I not mention that I have to stay after school longer on Mondays - Thursdays because I have to make sure EVERY kid in the school gets home safe..and then you tell me that I need to correct my spelling? So just be quiet.
                Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara View Post
                  then you tell me that I need to correct my spelling? So just be quiet.
                  Spelling wouldn't be so much of an issue, but using apostrophes to make something plural is a mistake I do not believe you would make consistently if you had the background you claim. Maybe you're incompetent, or a liar, or both. Or maybe you're just really bad with punctuation and not the kind of person I wish was teaching 2nd graders in New Jersey.

Sadly, you complain about having to get up early and having a workday that lasts until around 5. Welcome to the world of adults. Many people have to work much later. You should consider enrolling in a time-management class. You wake up at 5:30, and grade tests for 40 minutes, then leave yourself 20 minutes to get to work. Why not grade all that homework after you get home, and let yourself sleep a little later? Or shower! Maybe that'd help pep you up in the morning. Or have some breakfast...it's an important meal.

Also, I would like to point out that according to your screed, you often spend more time entering grades into the grade booklet than you actually spend on your students' homework. That either means you're wrong about how long it takes to grade them, or that you're really not giving them the attention they deserve. Judging by your other posts, I hope the latter is actually true because maybe they'll be able to avoid learning from you. If it takes you 2 hours to enter daily grades for 25 second graders, you should definitely consider another career path.
                  ---
                  Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Having seen enormous ignorance among fellow programmers (including an inability to spell or put a sentence together), I have to believe the same thing afflicts other groups of "knowledge workers".
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by Switchcraft View Post
                      Spelling wouldn't be so much of an issue, but using apostrophes to make something plural is a mistake I do not believe you would make consistently if you had the background you claim. Maybe you're incompetent, or a liar, or both. Or maybe you're just really bad with punctuation and not the kind of person I wish was teaching 2nd graders in New Jersey.

Sadly, you complain about having to get up early and having a workday that lasts until around 5. Welcome to the world of adults. Many people have to work much later. You should consider enrolling in a time-management class. You wake up at 5:30, and grade tests for 40 minutes, then leave yourself 20 minutes to get to work. Why not grade all that homework after you get home, and let yourself sleep a little later? Or shower! Maybe that'd help pep you up in the morning. Or have some breakfast...it's an important meal.

Also, I would like to point out that according to your screed, you often spend more time entering grades into the grade booklet than you actually spend on your students' homework. That either means you're wrong about how long it takes to grade them, or that you're really not giving them the attention they deserve. Judging by your other posts, I hope the latter is actually true because maybe they'll be able to avoid learning from you. If it takes you 2 hours to enter daily grades for 25 second graders, you should definitely consider another career path.
                      You need to stop talking about how I do my job..If my students are learning the material in the curriculum and getting good grades I am doing my job just fine. Your petty talk about me considering another career path is useless in my opinion. Please sir, tell me what you do as a living so before you start judging me for my "incorrect," typing please tell me what you do..or are you just an honest ass?

Comment

You would think some one who deals with children all day would know when to ignore some one and when to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Greflin View Post
                          You would think some one who deals with children all day would know when to ignore some one and when to reply.
                          You right...but when your dealing with kids in the 7-8 age range..you have to listen to what there saying because what there saying might make sence just it's not coming out right.

Comment

However, the point of most of the thread has been well delivered.

Also, presenting an argument and opinion with a question in the original post would have been help full and probably would have prevented your thread from going so far off point.

Comment

I know how to settle this. Can we get a pic?

J/K ha ha very funny

*admin please delete*

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...