Party in the Castro tonight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Party in the Castro tonight

Oh god help me! The parties have already started. Half my co-workers went home early and Friday is gonna suck because they will be hung-over or just wont come in. All because of this dam story http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080515/...s/gay_marriage

Nothing against gays but come on gimme a break! Of 9 employees I am one of 3 that are straight.

Sarcoma
    Sarcoma.

Re: Party in the Castro tonight

By the way, for those of you that dont know, the Castro District of San Francisco is basically the unofficial gay headquarters of the world. Remember Sarc, not everyone has been fortunate enough to live in the bay area. :D

Comment

I'd be less worried about an empty office tomorrow, and more worried about the 6 sets of wedding gifts you'll have to buy next week. :P
      [squadl]
      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
        I'd be less worried about an empty office tomorrow, and more worried about the 6 sets of wedding gifts you'll have to buy next week. :P
        Dam you! And my wife is going to want to go to all the weddings
        Sarcoma.

Comment

I have nothing against gay people, they can do whatever they want, as long as they don't do it to me.

With that said, I think being raised with two Moms or Dads would be pretty crappy...

I am glad they got what they wanted
          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I always envied gays before this ruling as they could commit the perfect crime: "Sorry, honey, I would love to get married but it's illegal. We will just have to keep separate apartments." Gays now have the right to be as miserable as straight people.
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
            - Check me out on The Onion
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
              I think being raised with two Moms or Dads would be pretty crappy...
              Why?

My dad died when I was 14. I envy those with two living parents, of whatever gender.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

1 of 3 straight people? I bet that sure helps your odds with the ladies. I love it when a bar or club is filled with a bunch of gay guys and tons of hot women. It totally rules out the competition, and the girls are frustrated enough that no one is talking to them, that they actually seem interested in me. Hehe.

Also, as far as the parenting goes, I'm not sure what to think anymore. My views on traditional families were challenged last week when I spent 8 days at Disney World. I saw so many average American families with some of the brattiest and worst behaved kids, while I saw several same sex couples with children that were as sweet and well-behaved as could be. As much as I've been against gay marriage and awkward family situations, I now don't think it'll be the end of the world or anything. We'll be just fine and so will those kids. Just my fairly new and humble opinion.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Someday our kids will look back at this sort of crap the way we look at Virginia's ban on interracial marriage today. Sure, there will be a few toothless ignoramuses who long for the good old days but I'm glad that there is some sort of progress away from this sort of backwards thinking. These sorts of laws might be acceptable if we lived in a theocracy but we don't.

Good for California.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                    Someday our kids will look back at this sort of crap the way we look at Virginia's ban on interracial marriage today. Sure, there will be a few toothless ignoramuses who long for the good old days but I'm glad that there is some sort of progress away from this sort of backwards thinking. These sorts of laws might be acceptable if we lived in a theocracy but we don't.

Good for California.
                    Vouch.
                    Me - I'll Just blame bush.
                    Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sara View Post
                      Vouch.
                      Of course you would.

My morals but not yours = toothless ignoramus. Without even discussing this particular case am I the only one that sees a bit of hypocrisy here?
                      New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                        Of course you would.

My morals but not yours = toothless ignoramus. Without even discussing this particular case am I the only one that sees a bit of hypocrisy here?
                        What's your problem with me?
                        Me - I'll Just blame bush.
                        Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Comment

Although many people's first assumption of me based on my profession is that I'm gay, I'm not. But I do believe in equal rights, regardless of any circumstance. Throughout history various people have been persecuted or denied rights based on things they have no control over. Race, religion, sexual orientation, just to name a few. To think we live in a time where we can have people that preach understanding in one sentence and then demonize a group for their beliefs or lifestyle is the ultimate hypocrisy.

I'm very happy for the gay community in california today. This is a major victory, and Buckets is absolutely right; hopefully someday we will be able to look back on these laws banning rights to people as just another dim chapter in human history. The declaration of independence guaratees us certain inalienable rights, one of which is the pursuit of happiness. If happiness is the marriage of a homosexual couple, they should have that right. I also salute governor Schwarzenegger for his statement today, saying that he respects the court's decision and would not back any constitutional amendment that would override it. Thats a bold move and is commendable.

Religious (especially christian in the U.S.) zealots are the biggest offenders of this belief. I have no problem with religion in any form, but I think that there are a couple key points that all people should remember regarding religion. The first of those is that religion is a personal choice, one which not everyone shares in common with you, and even if they do, they may not hold as firmly to the same tenets in which you might believe. The second is that whatever religious text you follow, whether it be the bible, the koran, the torah, the tao, the four noble truths and the eightfold path, or the shrutis and smritis of the hindu faith, remember that these texts are not ultimate truth: they are guides containing valuable advice, morals and values that you are suggested to live your life by. So respect your values, but also respect those of your fellow man, whatever those may be. Follow the teachings of your faith, but dont see them as the end-all-be-all and certainly do not try to force your values on other people. All of the religions that I've ever researched dictate benevolence in one form or another, perhaps that is the value we should focus on the most, the one we should cherish and practice.

So congratulations to the people of california in your victory. Well met and truly deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            Although many people's first assumption of me based on my profession is that I'm gay, I'm not.
                            It wasn't just your profession. :D

But I say good for them!
                            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
                              Of course you would.

This has and should have anything to do with anyone's morals. I am a straight guy who supports equal rights for human beings. I live in a great country that enforces decisions based on law (many of these laws pertain to the tenets of equality for all human beings) rather than theology. I would not want to live in a country that behaved any differently. I use the term "toothless ignoramuses" because people who are bigoted towards homosexuals, and especially those who choose to express this bigotry through political rhetoric and lobbying, aren't any better than the "white citizen's leagues" that popped up throughout the South during the 1950s and 1960s. To me, anyone who wants to deny anyone basic civil rights is a mouth breathing ignoramus. For the same reason I wouldn't expect anyone who disagrees with my sense of morality to live the way I do. I would, however, expect those people tom allow me to live my life, especially since it doesn't interfere with theirs. I would hope that as an American, those of you who are uncomfortable with the idea of gay marriage leave those who feel the need to express their love in that manner alone. It doesn't hurt you and it shouldn't concern you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X