No announcement yet.

I, too, think it goes without saying...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I, too, think it goes without saying...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthr...092#post116092

This week history will be made. This election is unique in that it's the first time that voter turnout is so high that they've had to change things: because they're expecting so many people, and they don't want anyone to be "disenfranchised", this year Republicans will be voting on Tuesday and Democrats will vote on Wednesday. Good idea, if you ask me... I saw the lines for the early voting the past two weeks and I can only imagine what kind of lines are ahead of us in the next two days!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: I, too, think it goes without saying...

I believe you have it reversed. The Democrats vote on Tuesday. All Republicans should report to their voting precincts on Wednesday to cast their ballot. :icon22:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Whatever the case may be, hurry up and get it over with so I can start reading the fear in everyone's voice about some new topic.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

please notice the time of this post.............

BUSH WINS BY A LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont need to vote... it wont matter.

I was going to vote, then I met someone who I knew was going to vote kerry, so I told him to not vote, and I would not vote, since they would cancel out anyway......

I told the truth to each one of the 25 guys I made that deal with.
        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

lol!!!!!!!

Comment

Nothing to say but 'Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.' Right now Bush in lead. Over 1/2 states haven't fully reported. MN going to Kerry with <1% reporting ('tis a sure sign to be sure )

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
              Nothing to say but 'Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.' Right now Bush in lead. Over 1/2 states haven't fully reported. MN going to Kerry with <1% reporting ('tis a sure sign to be sure )
              It looks like Bush is taking a bunch of states, but don't be fooled. If you look at electoral maps, the GOP always paints the country red. But the big bucks are in just a few key states: the President needs Florida and either Penn or Ohio to win. Anything more than that would just help keep the litigation down...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Bush- 237
                Kerry- 199

and counting..

Comment

Bush 246
                  Kerry 206

Looks like this year's Florida is Ohio.
                  New to TG?

Comment

Know whats funny? Four different networks have 4 different sets of numbers.

As of 2:05 est here are the numbers

Fox: Bush 269, Kerry 221
                    CNN: Bush 249, Kerry 211
                    CBS: Bush 249, Kerry, 221
                    NBC: Bush 269, Kerry 207

How do they get their numbers? Just make them up?

Comment

I've been watching Yahoo which seems to be very cautious ( I was gonna say conservative... :icon_lol: ) They seem to be waiting until 80-90% of the vote is in each state before they call it. Nice map they have there. Fox and Drudge called this way too early I think, but I guess that's no surprise.

You can play "what if" at: http://www.270towin.com/
                      New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                        Know whats funny? Four different networks have 4 different sets of numbers.

As of 2:05 est here are the numbers

Fox: Bush 269, Kerry 221
                        CNN: Bush 249, Kerry 211
                        CBS: Bush 249, Kerry, 221
                        NBC: Bush 269, Kerry 207

How do they get their numbers? Just make them up?
                        It's not surprising that they all have different projections. ALL THE VOTES HAVE TO BE COUNTED BEFORE WE KNOW WHO WINS! These guys are just guessing based on the percentage of votes that have been counted. Ohio has up to 200,000 provisional ballots to count. I think it's foolish to color in Ohio as red right now.

So, the reason the numbers are all different is because some of them think different states are "done".
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6363692/
                          [volun2]
                          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                            Yes, Senator Kerry conceded and will make his speech in about an hour...

I'm glad that one of them is conceding and that the election went so smoothly. I'm also glad that the popular vote and the electoral vote went the same way this time. I think the electoral college is a great system and I'm tired of ignorant people questioning it.

Comment

Ignorant? That's harsh.

A system put into place centuries ago because the uneducated couldn't be trusted to have a majority vote count (but were bright enough to know who the smart people were, so they could vote for them) is certainly one worthy of review in our modern times, I'd say.

Hell, if Afghanistan can have a majority vote put in a president, I'd like to think we could have that happen here, too.
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X