Very Strange Incident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Strange Incident

Ok, I am a sports game addict. I usually buy the new Madden game every August then when football season is over I trade it in for the new NHL game. Then trade that in for the new Madden and so on and so forth.
    Well, the strange part is, I went in March, i think, to trade in Madden 08 for the EA version of NHL hockey (not to be confused with 2K version)
    I had rented 2K's version and didn't like the game play. Tried EA's and found that best suits me.
    So I bought EA's NHL game. Took it home played it a couple times and was like "This sucks! It's nothing like last year's game...it reminds me of 2K".....so just recently I decided to trade it in for GTA4 (greeeeeeeeat game).

I took the game to trade it in at the counter. The associate started to chuckle a little bit as he was checking the game for scratches. He said "You want to trade NHL 2K8 in a EA box?" This is the first time I realized that 2K's hockey game was packaged into a EA games box! I bought the game brand new so it was sealed with that authenticity thing.

I know all of u reading this will say "Didn't u notice all the 2K emblems in the game?!!!" And my answer is...no. I was completely oblivious. I'm an idiot, I know.

But still the fact remains that I got a game packaged in the competitor's box?! How does this happen? Has anyone else had this or heard about it
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Re: Very Strange Incident

When returning un-opened games to stores before I've had the clerk remove the plastic wrap and open the game up to verify it was inside. I asked a clerk at Toys R us about it and she said they have a machine that reseals the game instore. I don't know if other stores do this but it may be possible there was a mix up with your game.

Alternatively your store may not open the game and someone bought it. Swapped the disks and was able to reseal it somehow. Then returned the game.

Both are unlikely but possible. Either way it is very strange and even stranger that you didn't notice.

| |

Comment

It is possible that the same factory does both 2k and EA games and it happened there.

I find it odd that somebody would go to the trouble of putting a 2k game in a EA box then resealing and returning it. I can't see any benifit. Unless it is just to perplex some future person.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Yea i was dumbfounded when he said it was 2K's game in the box.....I have no idea how I didn't notice it. I was wondering if they (2K games and EA games) would get boxed at the same location? I don't know. I learned a very valuable lesson that day, and I think I am going to have them double check it next time I buy a new game.
        sigpic
        I'm Back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...