Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I borrow a few thousand?

ROFLCOPTER on ebay.

I mean, who goes out and builts helo repplicas? I can see cars since they are so much cheaper. But there's some person out there that can say, "I have the airwolf helicopter. Wanna sleep with me?" But damn, that brings back memories. Wth happened to TV shows nowadays? You don't have shows like Airwolf, A-Team, and Knightrider anymore. Soon these'll end up on TV Land programing and make me feel old if they already haven't.
    The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
    mutual respect for your fellow gamers
    and where all members
    would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
    Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Re: Can I borrow a few thousand?

They actually brought back Knightrider, I don't know how well it did, but the car looked really nice!

Comment

TV execs have no imagination, and no risk tolerance. Much better to remake something old than try something new. That's why we had Bionic Woman last season. It's why there's a new version of Superman and Batman every couple of years, and why we see comic character movies based on ancient comic characters.

What's surprising is how much variation still happens within these constraints. Who would have guessed that the remake of Battlestar Galactica would turn out so good (and piss off the fans of the old BSG who preferred the cheesiness of the original)?
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I think that the reason why we're seeing all these retread shows is because of the writers' strike last year. You don't need writers to repackage old shows and get the ball rolling on production while you wait for the writers thingie to get worked out and the script development to begin. You can line up everything else in the meantime.

Comment

The shows I mentioned were in place long before the writers strike. Recreating old shows is SOP, not something new.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
            The shows I mentioned were in place long before the writers strike. Recreating old shows is SOP, not something new.
            OK. For the record I don't disagree with anything negative you said about executives or producers. :D

Comment

I'm really excited about the falling cost of video production. YouTube fullfills Sturgeon's Laws with bells on, but the volume means we should be seeing a lot of decent stuff that will ultimately obsolete mainstream media.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                I'm really excited about the falling cost of video production. YouTube fullfills Sturgeon's Laws with bells on, but the volume means we should be seeing a lot of decent stuff that will ultimately obsolete mainstream media.
                Me too! I love seeing the videos made using gaming engines. Some are really clever. When you think that they're made using a PC and a $50 game, it's really pretty astonishing. I look forward to watching the genre develop. Imagine how things will be when we're old men.

OK older men.

Comment

I remember when the Video Toaster came out, as an add-on for the Amiga. Suddenly every small town news desk could afford to use fancy fades and wipes previously limited to network specials.

Many Toaster users were Mac-heads, and wouldn't touch an Amiga with a 10 foot pole. So the makers of the Toaster designed a Mac card that provided the Amiga and Toaster together, and told the Mac people it was just a "Toaster for Mac", so they wouldn't get their panties in a bunch about using the "opposition's" computer.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X