No announcement yet.

The John McCain Corner of the Sandbox!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The John McCain Corner of the Sandbox!

Since everyone seems so intense in the Obama/Hillary Thread, let us discuss John McCain in a civilize manner.

Originally posted by Sara
    McCain
    ----------
    What to say about John..Nothing really except for the fact is. He is George Bush. He wants to send more troops to Iraq. He is obviously NOT THE BEST CHOICE.
    I disagree!

(Ding ding ding!)

Just to get the ball rolling: Anyone else find it kinda annoying how John McCain always addresses people as "My Friends..." before he says anything? It comes off as a stunt to look like FDR, In my opinion.
    Skud

Re: The John McCain Corner of the Sandbox!

Huckabee is angling to be his running mate rather obviously.
    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Well, considering there are other republican candidates still in the race, shouldn't this be changed to the "republican corner"?

Comment

Y'know, Although I don't agree with Huckabee on most issues, he's a GREAT character. And while that isn't any reason to elect someone into power, I think having him around with McCain would make one hell of a 4 or 8 years...
        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
          Y'know, Although I don't agree with Huckabee on most issues, he's a GREAT character. And while that isn't any reason to elect someone into power, I think having him around with McCain would make one hell of a 4 or 8 years...
          Not trying to be rude, but McCain has one foot in the ground. A vote for McCain is a vote for the Huckster.

Comment

Honestly I was rather disappointed when I saw McCain won the primary. He has definitely turned my opinion around, though. He stands by his decisions and doesn't let either political party stand in his way. How could you not have faith in someone that was told they were being released as a POW during Vietnam, but refused unless every other POW before him was released as well? He remained a POW for around four more years. Talk about balls.

And McCain is most definitely NOT Bush.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I have much respect for John McCain for what he did while he was in the military. I am a registered republican, but I don't agree with many things with McCain. I think I'll still vote for him...I don't think either of the other 2 are any better. Kinda lesser of the evils', so to speak. But who really knows what one will do once they get into office. Politics drive me crazy.
              sigpic
              I'm Back.

Comment

Boy, the ad system is confused about this thread. The first is for an site asking one to choose Obama versus McCain. That's sensible enough. But the one at the bottom is for the DVD "The God Who Wasn't There". Huh?
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

If McCain picks Paul as his running mate, I'll vote for him. While ducking the flying pigs. ;)
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Scratch, I would vote for him too!

McCain-Paul 08'

Hahaha :D
                    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                      If McCain picks Paul as his running mate, I'll vote for him.
                      Wow, y'know, I hadn't really thought about this combo, but it may be the only way the GOP keeps the White House! Hmmmm.....
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ron Paul will NEVER be on the ticket. I know that's disappointing to some of you. Sorry.

I'm reading and hearing Lieberman as a strong possibility. The VRW won't dig this at all because of Lieberman's positions on abortion and gay rights, but since when did McCain really care about the ultra-conservative wing of the party anyway? Personally, I think it would be a pretty strong counter to anything Obama has to offer. Two centrist, accomplished change deliverers vs. one charming change talker. Then the real issue becomes what to do about Iraq, and I suspect that when push comes to shove the US voter will agree more with McCain and Lieberman than with Obama.

Of course McCain might pick someone else. I'm sure many people are suggesting that he pick, you know, a republican. To which McCain can respond, looking at the 3 recent run-off elections that the R's have dropped in strong R states: "uh...yeah. But what if I want to win?"

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                          Honestly I was rather disappointed when I saw McCain won the primary. He has definitely turned my opinion around, though. He stands by his decisions and doesn't let either political party stand in his way. How could you not have faith in someone that was told they were being released as a POW during Vietnam, but refused unless every other POW before him was released as well? He remained a POW for around four more years. Talk about balls.

And McCain is most definitely NOT Bush.
                          And he was put into solitary confinement for almost 2.....(i believe he was a POW for 5.5 years, nard, but nonetheless, he stayed in the military after he was released, and then when he realized he wasn't going to be an admiral like his father and grandfather he retired honorably and went into politics.

Yes he had some trouble after coming back....but he has acknowledged it, and doesn't stand behind a phrase a la clinton when asked about infidelity (in the oval office none the less) but he has morals and character, and yes he is old (but then again look at the rest of the world and their choice too lead, hell look at the vatican)
                          But he does stand by some good issues, and to be perfectly honest, I don't want to see my parents taxed anymore, and the job I am doing has the chance to pay pretty well and I don't want to be taxed because celebrities back some democrat who just wants to tax the so called "middle/upper middle class and the wealthy", and with the way prices are going up as it is......that doesn't leave a lot left for college tuition investments for the future, and future investments due to the evaporation of social security.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                            Ron Paul will NEVER be on the ticket. I know that's disappointing to some of you. Sorry.

I'm reading and hearing Lieberman as a strong possibility.
                            I think you're right on with both of these. McCain and Lieberman have a little history, and you've cited the reasons how this might work.

Comment

That's one of the most exciting aspects of John McCain: The ability to sweep aside partisanship to GET THINGS DONE.

Has there ever been a president/vice president that got into office being opposite parties?
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X