Too all Southerners and Vet's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too all Southerners and Vet's

Sorry for those comments to all of you..Leejo is paying me to say this (Looks around). But yeah my comments were un needed and very appauling..
    Sorry =]
    Me - I'll Just blame bush.
    Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

btw Bush = worst president ever.

Re: Too all Southerners and Vet's

Let me personally thank War.Monger for his PM..Thanks.
    Disciple - Bush? Is that some sort of slang for women? - Hahaha I love disciple.

Comment

Best not to pry...but...comments?

W.e, doesn't matter to me. :D
      At least you owned up, to whatever it was that people took offence by.
      sigpic

Comment

Just look at any thread that she's in. I was wondering the same thing, but it took about 2 seconds to see why.

At least she's owning up.

Comment

Thanks Sara.

Comment

Appalling?

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
              Appalling?
              Alright really..leave the thread right now..I just made a thread apologizing to my comments and your going to start more ****?? Is this like a sign of a true ---?

Comment

Sara...notice the question mark behind Sordavie's post?
                "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

IMO when someone is apologizing it's not the more gracious time to critique their spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                    IMO when someone is apologizing it's not the more gracious time to critique their spelling.
                    I agree, but I think in a forum everything should have decent spelling and correct grammar. I suggest she get firefox. When ever i make a spelling mistake, it works like word.

Comment

*shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                        When ever i make a spelling mistake, it works like word.
                        Hehehehe
                        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

"Preview Post" combined with a decent embedded spell checker can correct 99.9% of grammatical mistakes. Then again, a mistake or two in a long post isn't a big deal. It becomes an issue when your post looks more like something that belongs in an AOL chatroom. People shouldn't immediately ignore your post because it reads poorly, but I'm not about to slog through a 100+ word post when it lacks punctuation, capitalization, and paragraph breaks.

Yes, it's not a huge deal to have perfect writing skills, but I would hope people would not want others to think they just don't care about what they're posting.

I preview a post, on average, at least three times before submitting. Besides grammar, it also gives me a chance to re-read my post and determine if there are some things I don't want to say or if I even need to make the post at all.

I would say something like 10% of the posts I write never even get submitted because I realize that, in writing a long post, I've become antagonistic. Banging out a post and submitting it the first run through can have you leaving in comments that will end up having you stick your foot in your mouth. It's best to sit back and quickly critique your writing before submitting it for all to see.

Comment

See, I do the same thing as Fenix, with the exception that I enjoy being antagonistic when I write rants, so my long winded tirades generally wind up under the "post reply" click. Then again, take a look back at any of my big rants and the vast majority of the time people agree with my points, so I consider the antagonism justified.

However, decent (not perfect) spelling and grammar are of relative importance if you want to be taken seriously. Otherwise, as Fenix so succinctly put it, what you write looks like it belongs in an AOL chatroom and is going to be dismissed as nothing more than dribble.

Comment

Hey guys how about not spamming the apology thread and keeping things on topic, mkay?

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that.

Hey monkeyf***, how about not spamming the apology thread...

:)

edit: wouldn't it be epic to start the most vicious fight ever in an apology thread? Who's with me!?
                              Last edited by leejo; 05-23-2008, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X