Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open letter to the Red-State victors

http://www.theregister.com/2004/11/0...state_to_reds/

This made me laugh. I think for some of you it will cause an entirely different reaction. Keep in mind that it is a humour piece and that I did not write it. I do find it interesting though, that the low-wage earners who would get the most benefit from a left-leaning government are the first to vote for parties on the right whereas the parties on the left have more support amoung the more affluent voters.

Re: An open letter to the Red-State victors

Originally posted by RandomGuy
    I do find it interesting though, that the low-wage earners who would get the most benefit from a left-leaning government are the first to vote for parties on the right whereas the parties on the left have more support amoung the more affluent voters.
    That is false. Republicans, in general, are better educated and have a higher income than Democrats.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      That is false. Republicans, in general, are better educated and have a higher income than Democrats.
      I'm sure many people will take comfort from you citing the source of that claim.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
        I'm sure many people will take comfort from you citing the source of that claim.
        Multiple sources HERE.
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Multiple sources HERE.
          Is there one in there that supports that claim, though Cing? I've drudged through quite a few of the links, even poked around the census website on my own; maybe I'm missing something.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            I'm curious as to the source of the ORIGINAL claim that democrats tend to be better educated and more affluent. Out of people I know personally with 6 figure and higher incomes, none of them were supporting Kerry. They were also NOT supporting Bush because of his tax policies.

The representation of the democratic party this year seemed to be a VERY young crowd. Personally, it's exactly what I would expect. My own political feelings of the democrat and republican parties as a whole tend to upset people, so I'll keep them to myself. However, lets just say that I wasn't surprised at the visible demographics from watching the events, campaign speeches, demonstrations/protests and chosen promoters for the democrat candidate.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Here's a quick one: http://chrisevans3d.com/files/iq.htm
              It's pretty unscientific and the author says as much.

Comment

Actually, only 54% of the 18-29 demographic voted for Kerry according to CNN exit polls. Income saw a pretty big shift towards Bush as it went up, but more education was mostly split along final voting lines, with a slight lean to Kerry for Post-Grads.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pag.../epolls.0.html
                [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                  Is there one in there that supports that claim, though Cing? I've drudged through quite a few of the links, even poked around the census website on my own; maybe I'm missing something.
                  Yeah, the census website is the one that I looked at. The information is there. Not for 2004, of course, but for past elections... The only 2004 info you're gonna find will be from media driven polls like the CNN link that H-Hour posted.
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

That Register article is probably the most arrogant text I have ever read but I loved this line:

Yet you talk about values the way a pre-teen girl talks about "love" in fan letters to Ashton Kutcher.
                    LMAO

Originally posted by Apophis
                    I'm curious as to the source of the ORIGINAL claim that democrats tend to be better educated and more affluent. Out of people I know personally with 6 figure and higher incomes, none of them were supporting Kerry. They were also NOT supporting Bush because of his tax policies.

The representation of the democratic party this year seemed to be a VERY young crowd. Personally, it's exactly what I would expect. My own political feelings of the democrat and republican parties as a whole tend to upset people, so I'll keep them to myself. However, lets just say that I wasn't surprised at the visible demographics from watching the events, campaign speeches, demonstrations/protests and chosen promoters for the democrat candidate.
                    I am so glad I live in a country with a strong left wing. The trade unions and working class are still powerfull influences and lend some weight to "young degree toting liberals." Unfortunately the right has completely crumbled since 1992 and we have no effective opposition which is a bad thing for both sides. It appears to me that you guys have the same problem, but with a weak left. Here's looking forward to Clinton in 08.
                    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
                      I am so glad I live in a country with a strong left wing. The trade unions and working class are still powerfull influences and lend some weight to "young degree toting liberals." Unfortunately the right has completely crumbled since 1992 and we have no effective opposition which is a bad thing for both sides. It appears to me that you guys have the same problem, but with a weak left.
                      I dunno, this was a pretty close election. I think the parties are pretty balanced over here.

I'd like to see a third party really break out, though...
                      Here's looking forward to Clinton in 08.
                      I heard a theory the other day that it may be a Clinton/Clinton ticket... Nothing to stop President Clinton from getting back in the White House as Veep...
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I am so glad I live in a country with a strong left wing. The trade unions and working class are still powerfull influences and lend some weight to "young degree toting liberals." Unfortunately the right has completely crumbled since 1992 and we have no effective opposition which is a bad thing for both sides. It appears to me that you guys have the same problem, but with a weak left. Here's looking forward to Clinton in 08.
                        I'm not sure how it is in your country, but most of what I've heard coming from the left after the election has been downright insulting. I think what the liberal media in America needs to do is work to understand WHY people like me vote conservative election after election rather than insulting me for doing so. The only thing they are accomplishing is making sure that I don't vote liberal/democrat in the future.

I understand that the entire Democratic party doesn't feel the same way as the loudmouth liberals like Al Franken, Michael Moore and others, but they still allow those figures to represent their party in a relatively un-challenged fashion. As long as that mentality and behavior continues, I can't vote for a Democratic presidential candidate. Well, that is unless Zell Miller runs in 2008. ;-)

Comment

Here's looking forward to Clinton in 08.
                          I'd rather keep my fingers crossed and hope Rudy Giuliani runs in 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
                            Actually, only 54% of the 18-29 demographic voted for Kerry according to CNN exit polls. Income saw a pretty big shift towards Bush as it went up, but more education was mostly split along final voting lines, with a slight lean to Kerry for Post-Grads.
                            Are these the same exit polls that constantly showed Kerry in the lead on November 2nd? :icon7:

Comment

Yeah, the census website is the one that I looked at. The information is there. Not for 2004, of course, but for past elections... The only 2004 info you're gonna find will be from media driven polls like the CNN link that H-Hour posted.
                              I get a "connection refused" when trying access the first census link. Any suggestions?
                              [volun2]
                              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X