• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technique and Technology in Fallujah

Pretty interesting article.

http://www.techcentralstation.com/110904F.html

Re: Technique and Technology in Fallujah

My cousin's husband will be going into Fallujah after the Marines. Nice to see what's on his side ;).

Comment

that picture is a little rosie though is it not?

at the moment in falluja every street every house and every inch of ground is being hard fought, there are casualties and whats more despite the Fox news report i watched which pained a picture of success at every corner, there are fire fights with the alledgedly unorganised insurgents going on for 7 hours straight.

no doubt the wieght of the armour and superior numbers is going to do the trick but i watched CNN Fox and CNBC and all of them were painting a very different picture to the one the rest of the world is seeing.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
        that picture is a little rosie though is it not?

at the moment in falluja every street every house and every inch of ground is being hard fought, there are casualties and whats more despite the Fox news report i watched which pained a picture of success at every corner, there are fire fights with the alledgedly unorganised insurgents going on for 7 hours straight.

no doubt the wieght of the armour and superior numbers is going to do the trick but i watched CNN Fox and CNBC and all of them were painting a very different picture to the one the rest of the world is seeing.
        *Warning: real footage but not graphic*
        VIDEO HERE

Yeah, it looks like these Marines are really shaken up... :icon23:

Things are going well over there. Are we gonna lose some men? Yeah, it's war. But I'm sick of all this negativity out of the European media...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Photos:

Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            *Warning: real footage but not graphic*
            VIDEO HERE

Yeah, it looks like these Marines are really shaken up... :icon23:

Things are going well over there. Are we gonna lose some men? Yeah, it's war. But I'm sick of all this negativity out of the European media...

thats absolute rubbish, sorry but this negativity you speak of is actually not there at all. ask any american that has ever been to the United Kingdom what class of reporting we have. we have very ballanced reports with hardly any sensationalised BS, the stories are ballanced.

nobody is talking about the casualties, casualties are inevitable in war, i just think your media coverage and the type of propaganda that is being spread on your networks is laughable. the American media did the same at the start of the war itself reporting on how key positions had been taken before they actually were. i remember basra falling into allied hands 7 times in 2 days with each victory a total victory. then you have the sharade of saving private lynch from a hospital where she was being well treated.

there is a pattern emerging. i find it hard to watch fox news and try to cut out fact from patriotic ramblings.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

oh further more big deal you have pictures of people (stress could be innocent people) being arrested, yeah, and? nobody for a second doubted that the force of the armour and the number of troops involved would prevail, but dont try to make fallujah a victory, it isnt its cleaning up after a sloppy control of previous after war conflicts.

i am not blaiming america for that dont get me wrong, but your news stations report every battle as a normandy landing, yes they are doing a good job and recognise that, but for goodness sake dont paint it as a white wash because i think we can all guarantee that the bombers will be back after fallujah, history proves it, and the more your reporters hype this battle up now the harder the soldiers are going to fall when the american public realise that the bombings will not cease any time soon.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

oh further more big deal you have pictures of people (stress could be innocent people) being arrested, yeah, and? nobody for a second doubted that the force of the armour and the number of troops involved would prevail, but dont try to make fallujah a victory, it isnt its cleaning up after a sloppy control of previous after war conflicts.

i am not blaiming america for that dont get me wrong, but your news stations report every battle as a normandy landing, yes they are doing a good job and recognise that, but for goodness sake dont paint it as a white wash because i think we can all guarantee that the bombers will be back after fallujah, history proves it, and the more your reporters hype this battle up now the harder the soldiers are going to fall when the american public realise that the bombings will not cease any time soon.
                I think you're wrong. This operation is different. We're going through and cleaning the town. Then the Iraqis are going to keep it clean.

I may be overly optimistic, but I think Iraq is going to change fast and for good. We're watching an important part of history here.

OH, and CQB is the deadliest type of combat there is. We are doing remarkably well in that town. To downplay that is just ignorant.
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I think you're wrong. This operation is different. We're going through and cleaning the town. Then the Iraqis are going to keep it clean.

I may be overly optimistic, but I think Iraq is going to change fast and for good. We're watching an important part of history here.

OH, and CQB is the deadliest type of combat there is. We are doing remarkably well in that town. To downplay that is just ignorant.

well i think your wrong here. CQB is deadly yes, however just like the start of the war, the insurgents left the town long before the american army moved in, you are fighting remnants. further mores there are still suicide bombes every day, and not in fallujah. although for that time being fallujah was the focal point it is not the be all and end all.

do you not think that the situation with you is not very similar to that of the situation with israel, how many times have they done this kind of operation, and yes it goes quiet till the insurgents regroup,

i dont think anyone is playing it down, the media here are all to happy to say and often do, that the americans have "pulled this off so far with relative low casualties" but to listen to your news and your comment, you seem to have linked this with all iraqs problems, and after this the suicide bombers will be few and far between. it just isnt true.

and you cant really see anything more than, we are winning, after this iraq will be totally rid of all bad nasty things. there is a difference between reporting the situation and playing it down. all the reports i have seen from your news stations have been doing nothing but play it up, that is wrong report it, dont turn it into the next big hollywood hit. im sorry but i think playing it up is much more ignorant than reporting the entire situation.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

but to listen to your news and your comment, you seem to have linked this with all iraqs problems, and after this the suicide bombers will be few and far between. it just isnt true.
                    And you're still sidestepping the whole point of my response. This is just the beginning. The Iraqi forces are just now in a position to take control of their country. Fallujah is the center of foreign terrorism in Iraq and we (the US and Iraq) are going to take back Fallujah and deny its use to terrorists. The suicide bombings are nothing compared to the rest of the problems that Iraq has been having. This is a new beginning, though. The Iraqi people are going to be back in control with their own government and their own army ensuring their security. THAT is why Fallujah is so important...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

And you're still sidestepping the whole point of my response. This is just the beginning. The Iraqi forces are just now in a position to take control of their country. Fallujah is the center of foreign terrorism in Iraq and we (the US and Iraq) are going to take back Fallujah and deny its use to terrorists. The suicide bombings are nothing compared to the rest of the problems that Iraq has been having. This is a new beginning, though. The Iraqi people are going to be back in control with their own government and their own army ensuring their security. THAT is why Fallujah is so important...

YEAH BUT YOU STILL SEEM TO THINK YOUR MEDIA COVERAGE ISNT JUST HOLLYWOODS NEW SAVING PRIVATE IRAQ.

and while i might agree that fallujah is important it is not the bee all and end all that your reporters are pretending.

hell i just watched fox news report it as, "god help our soldiers i cant wait till fallujahs ours and this is all over" NOT THE TALK OF BEGINNING THE WAR ON TERROR IN IRAQ IS IT.

caps are irratic im on TS

all i am saying is the god damn media over there is acting like the whole war up until now has been building up to this one final push when it is just not true.

reports i have been recieving are that while fallujah goes down there have been people escaping the city daily, the same people that will be planting roadside bombs tomorrow. oh and did you have to illustrate that its US and Iraqi troops, like if it wasnt for the black watch you would have less troops and armour for that attack,

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

YEAH BUT YOU STILL SEEM TO THINK YOUR MEDIA COVERAGE ISNT JUST HOLLYWOODS NEW SAVING PRIVATE IRAQ.
                        Maybe I'm following the wrong media, because I'm not seeing what you're describing...
                        oh and did you have to illustrate that its US and Iraqi troops, like if it wasnt for the black watch you would have less troops and armour for that attack,
                        Sigh... You always take things so personally... Look, just because I mentioned that US and Iraqi forces are cleaning up Fallujah, doesn't mean I think less of the sacrifices that British forces have made for this operation. Yes, I know that your country sent a battalion to relieve some Marines so they could push into Fallujah. They're brave men. Does that make you happy?
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Maybe I'm following the wrong media, because I'm not seeing what you're describing...

Sigh... You always take things so personally... Look, just because I mentioned that US and Iraqi forces are cleaning up Fallujah, doesn't mean I think less of the sacrifices that British forces have made for this operation. Yes, I know that your country sent a battalion to relieve some Marines so they could push into Fallujah. They're brave men. Does that make you happy?

no being patronised does not make me happy, and ofcourse you follow a totally different media from CNN Fox CNBC and 3 more...

dont insult and patronise to shut someone up it makes you look like an idiot cing. honestly was there a need.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

no being patronised does not make me happy, and ofcourse you follow a totally different media from CNN Fox CNBC and 3 more...

dont insult and patronise to shut someone up it makes you look like an idiot cing. honestly was there a need.
                            Do you know what that word means, Dudeman? Do you know what it means to be "patronized"?

I did not insult you, nor did I patronize you. I merely spoke of facts. If you have a hard time wrapping your head around then I don't know what else to say. I get my news from the AP wire (and occasionally other wire services) and various websites. I don't watch TV!!!! Well, less than an hour a week, on average... I don't get my news from any of the usual broadcast networks that are popular in America. Perhaps this is what you found patronizing?
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Do you know what that word means, Dudeman? Do you know what it means to be "patronized"?

I did not insult you, nor did I patronize you. I merely spoke of facts. If you have a hard time wrapping your head around then I don't know what else to say. I get my news from the AP wire (and occasionally other wire services) and various websites. I don't watch TV!!!! Well, less than an hour a week, on average... I don't get my news from any of the usual broadcast networks that are popular in America. Perhaps this is what you found patronizing?

i think you need to learn your vocab mate because if you can read your last few responses and honestly say you were not patronising me, then maybe i can understand where your screwed up interpretations of current events come from.

not very nice is it?

characteristic of those who treat others with condescension

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X