Arafat's dead.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arafat's dead.

Things are going to get very interesting in Israel...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Arafat's dead.

Originally posted by CingularDuality
    Things are going to get very interesting in Israel...
    Heh...before I opened this thread, my first thought "the next 48hrs. oughta be interesting....."

Am I sad to see him go....no...not really, but then again, is the next one going to be any better ?

Comment

wow

wow

This is a point in history, like when kennedy died

remember where you were when arafat died...

edit: many may not believe this, but i have actually talked to arafat, in real life...

I was in Washington DC staying at the Ritz Carlton hotel for a national medical confrence, and i see these black cars pull up an a bunch of secret service jump out and clear the crowd, I look in one of the cars and one guy had a laptop out and was in a suit... by the time i think "WTF" i see arafat get out of a car and walk into the hotel...

I was one of the only people there that spoke arabic, so i yelled out "Asalamu alakyum" or peace be upon you, basically a greeting in arabic...

And he replied "Walaykum asalam" which means and peace be upon you as well, which is the typical reply... he looked streight at me, his lips quivering...

Then he dissapears behind secret service men that follow him into the hotel.

That was the first time (and up untill now) the only time i have seen or talked to a world leader in real life.
      Prejudice sucks:
      Do not judge me by my past, for I have changed.

DarkHunter == Blackjackel.

Comment

Black flags, black flags and three days of mourning here. The taxis have tied black fabric to their antennas and the less technically inclined are driving with one arm out the window, a black shirt waving from the end. Others are breathing a sigh of relief to see him go. The president of the PLC is the interim president, for sixty days, until the "elections". We'll see if he makes it that far.

The city is supposed to shut down. So far it's been quiet, and I haven't heard of any noise elsewhere. Could be a bumpy ride. I can't imagine Israel would let the opportunity go by without utilizing it. We'll see.

I'm sure the footage of Israeli's singing and dancing and celebrating Arafat's coma over the last few days didn't make it into mainstream US media coverage. It made it into European news.
        Attached Files
        [volun]

Comment

Arafat was personally responsible for many Israeli's deaths, loss of limb, and heartbreak. I remember seeing Palestinians dancing in the street on 9/11. Fortunately National Policy is (usually) set by cooler minds.

I'm sure that the Israelis who are singing and dancing do not represent all Israelis just as suicide bombers do not represent all Palestinians.

This is a tremendous opportunity for the Palestinians, who deserve a break.

Comment

i have sympathy over arafat and his death. despite the fact that he didn't sincerely strive for israel/palestine peace, i hope he lived a good life "non-politically."

God bless you.

PS: i hope the next president will have heart to reunite israel and palestine...

Comment

I don't have any sympathy for Arafat. I don't gloat over his death or wish him ill. I guess I think of his passing the way I would think about putting down a rabid dog: Too bad.

From here
              Perhaps his signal contribution to the practice of political terror was the introduction of warfare against children. On one black date in May 1974, three PLO terrorists slipped from Lebanon into the northern Israeli town of Ma'alot. They murdered two parents and a child whom they found at home, then seized a local school, taking more than 100 boys and girls hostage and threatening to kill them unless a number of imprisoned terrorists were released. When Israeli troops attempted a rescue, the terrorists exploded hand grenades and opened fire on the students. By the time the horror ended, 25 people were dead; 21 of them were children.

Thirty years later, no one speaks of Ma'alot anymore. The dead children have been forgotten. Everyone knows Arafat's name, but who ever recalls the names of his victims?

So let us recall them: Ilana Turgeman. Rachel Aputa. Yocheved Mazoz. Sarah Ben-Shim'on. Yona Sabag. Yafa Cohen. Shoshana Cohen. Michal Sitrok. Malka Amrosy. Aviva Saada. Yocheved Diyi. Yaakov Levi. Yaakov Kabla. Rina Cohen. Ilana Ne'eman. Sarah Madar. Tamar Dahan. Sarah Soper. Lili Morad. David Madar. Yehudit Madar. The 21 dead children of Ma'alot -- 21 of the thousands of who died at Arafat's command.

Comment

Maybe I just dont understand who Arafat is, but why does his death show so much importance?

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                  Maybe I just dont understand who Arafat is, but why does his death show so much importance?
                  Yasser Arafat was the spiritual and political leader of Palestine. His death will allow someone else to step up as leader. They're also planning Palestinian elections as well... Big changes could occur in Israel because of these things.
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
                    I'm sure the footage of Israeli's singing and dancing and celebrating Arafat's coma over the last few days didn't make it into mainstream US media coverage. It made it into European news.
                    Your'e right, this further proves the current jewish controll of the United-States media. Because i KNOW the palestinians singing and dancing appeared all over the news when that happned, i even remember seeing it on local channels like FOX....etc.

And remember when that one american citizen was bulldozed when she chained herself to a palestinian house in protest? I never remember seeing that on the media... and the only way i knew that happned is i saw it over my sattelite dish that gets foreign european channels.
                    Prejudice sucks:
                    Do not judge me by my past, for I have changed.

DarkHunter == Blackjackel.

Comment

Foxnews just showed footage of some Israelis singing and dancing about Arafat's death.
                      Last edited by leejo; 11-11-2004, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackjackel
                        Your'e right, this further proves the current jewish controll of the United-States media. Because i KNOW the palestinians singing and dancing appeared all over the news when that happned, i even remember seeing it on local channels like FOX....etc.

And remember when that one american citizen was bulldozed when she chained herself to a palestinian house in protest? I never remember seeing that on the media... and the only way i knew that happned is i saw it over my sattelite dish that gets foreign european channels.
                        Oh, gawd... Not the conspiracy theories...

First of all, the lady didn't chain herself to a Palestinian house. She was standing in front of the dozer. The bulldozer advanced, she fell, the dozer operator couldn't see her and she was killed. I first heard about this on CNN and have since done some research on it for other arguments in these forums.

I believe that Israel is a terrorist state, but I don't think they're controlling our media. :icon_lol: $$$ controls our media. Nothing else.
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I think batboy ran the lady over.. but thats just me, I'm a little weird.

Comment

This is a tremendous opportunity for the Palestinians, who deserve a break.
                            im sorry what..

no leejo,

a break for all, just coz the man is dead does not eliviate the part he has had to play in the deaths of both his own countrymen and israelis.

hopefully now the old fool is dead there can be some peace with prospect.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I'm no Arafat supporter, by the way, but here's an alternate framing of the man. It focuses a bit too much on his good side, but it's here to balance Leejo's framing. And it also has a perspective on the conflict that is a little more in line with the developments of the last 10-15 years, minus the last 5 or so when he seems to have just thrown up his hands and refused to do anything useful.

On the Passing of Chairman Arafat
                              by Former Congressman Pete McCloskey (R-CA)

Like many great leaders, Yasser Arafat's true greatness may not be realized for many years. Regretfully this may also be true of one of his early partners in the efforts to achieve a just peace under U.N. Resolution 242, President George H.W. Bush. That the Oslo accords came into being was largely due to his leadership and courage of both men.

I had first met Arafat in his bunker deep under the streets of Beirut in 1982. At the time, Beirut was under siege by an Israeli army, led by Ariel Sharon. At the urging of myself and other Members of Congress, he signed a statement that he would recognize Israel if Israel would agree to a Palestinian state.

Some years later, at Arafat's request, I went to Tunis and took his gift of a Palestinian olivewood, chess set size rendering of the Last Supper to President Bush at the White House, together with a personal note pledging Arafat's support for the President's efforts.

Those efforts may very well have cost Bush re-election in 1992. He had deeply angered the Zionist community by threatening to withhold $10 billion in aid to Israel unless Israel joined in good faith peace negotiations. He was the first and last president to stand up to Israel's powerful U.S. lobby.

Whatever may have been Arafat's weaknesses, he was able, for over 25 years, to hold the plight of the Palestinians before the world and to show the Arab nations that leaders could be elected as well as rule by divine right and the force of arms. It should not be forgotten that the Palestinians were the first of the Arab nations to directly elect their leader.

Arafat's leadership and oratory not only kept his people together, but obtained the respect and sympathy of most of the world save in Israel and the United States.

His passing and last week's election result may now give President George W. Bush the opportunity to demonstrate the same courage and leadership shown by his father 13 years ago.

A renewed U.S. presidential involvement in the creation of the Palestinian state President promised to support before the election could save many more American lives than have thus far been lost in the war with Muslim fundamentalists.

As has been pointed out by two famous American statesmen, as diverse as the late George Ball and Marine General Anthony Zinni, the road to peace in the Mideast lies through Jerusalem, not Baghdad.
                              [volun]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X