Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most traumatic dream you've ever had?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the most traumatic dream you've ever had?

I just had one yesterday morning that topped my previous most traumatic.
    I walked into a room and my oldest son, 11, was lying on the floor. There was a young girl there and her mother, who was upset and yelling at him, and then she started yelling at me. Some how, he had taken her place so that she wouldn't die, and he had just been hanging on until I came. He died in my arms as I looked into his eyes.

I woke up and started sobbing, waking up (and freaking out) my wife. I've been struggling with depression and emotional instability ever since.

Of course, my Mom is dying right now of cancer, and she had been in this dream too. Obviously my psyche replaced her with my son, for some reason. Perhaps the little girl and her mother, whom my son "saved" in the dream, were personifications of her. It has me pretty tripped out, and every once in a while I'm looking back down into his eyes as he looks me one last time, which is all he wanted. Whew. :icon_frow I was planning to drive down and visit my Mom that day, but had to cancel, so obviously I need to reschedule, pronto!

My previous worst was when I was 7 or 8, I dreamed that I grew up, got married, and lived with this girl, my "wife" (as a 7year-old understands it) for a long time. Years passed during this dream. When I woke up, I didn't realize I was a child, and my wife was gone. She had never existed except in my mind, but I had lost a best friend and companion of years, all the work and play and living we had done together, all vanished as I woke up alone, a little kid again. It was heartbreaking, and I remember crying and feeling sad for days and even weeks afterward. I still think of her every once in a while, and still miss her.

The brain and soul are amazing things.
    sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Re: What's the most traumatic dream you've ever had?

Dreams are truly a mystery. Fascinating stuff. I can most of my dreams from the time I was a child. I do a lot of lucid dreaming and they are very vivid. None of mine have been traumatic, though.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I'm in the furnace room. I have my back to the door. I hear the door open and turn around. It's my wife. I just smile and say «hey what's up ?» She points a gun at me and fires off one round. I'm stunned, look at my chest, she missed. I look up, she fires a second time and I wake up.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
        I'm in the furnace room. I have my back to the door. I hear the door open and turn around. It's my wife. I just smile and say «hey what's up ?» She points a gun at me and fires off one round. I'm stunned, look at my chest, she missed. I look up, she fires a second time and I wake up.

DB

Heh, damn.. That'd creep me out a little bit..

Most traumatic dream I've ever had was that I was walking with about a group of 8 friends of mine in two seperate lines/groups about 20 feet apart.. I was in the back group talking with some old friends and we came up around a corner in the road which was on a high hilltop overlooking Seattle (although Seattle looked like LA but with less tall buildings and a space needle) it was a road with no cars on it and surrounded by trees on one side with a concrete barrier on the other so cars wouldnt fall off it (doesnt even exist in Seattle).. About 5-seconds after the first group of friends goes around the blind corner they come running back with true looks of horror on their faces running as fast as they can.. I jog up 3 steps look over towards the city (looked like was 8 miles away) and I could see a giant ICBM slowly going headfirst into the heart of the city, I turned and started sprinting also then woke up..

I've had some pretty ****ed up dreams before but thats the only one thats actually gotten to me..
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I had a really weird dream last night that I was in a big glass building somewhere in Russia with a bunch of random people, and there were a bunch of angry people and big bugs outside so we just sat inside all night. Then in the morning we hopped on some snowmobiles to escape. Makes no sense when I think about it, although I do remember talking to someone about snowmobiles yesterday :icon_lol:.

The most traumatic dream I had was when I was probably 10 or 11, I was in a city with my family when a big rock started rolling in and destroying everything. Just as it was about to hit me I would wake up screaming. Happened a few times too.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Well the most recent one I can actually remember that was pretty awful from a few weeks ago. I was hanging with my friend in his house and he went to close a window and a bear outside swatted at him. Somehow the bear climbed in the window and walked past my friend and towards me as I tried to hide behind a chair.

He sees me anyways and is coming towards me so I try to play dead on the ground but the bear picks me up in his mouth by the belt, and carries me a little ways over to my friend. Then I remember feeling like I'm being thrown around and the bear starting to eat me, and everything just kept getting darker and darker as I was being eaten. I felt the overwhelming urge to fall asleep but I was screaming in my head to hold on or I would die and never wake up. Then I woke up. Freaked me right out for a bit.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I was a wee lad of 'bout 4 or 5, i had a dream about a crab and a severed hand chasing me in the sewers. I usually woke up after they started to eat me.

|TG-Irr|JamesTerror

Comment

I also do alot of lucid dreaming, and try to do waking dreams. Good stuff to look up. Anyhow I've never had a so called nightmare, the closest thing I've had was recalling memorys of my tour in Afghanistan. Woke up with adrenaline, but no actual emotional distress. But as someone who lost a child, I can imagine me waking up balling to a dream like that.
                Bf2142-TOOmuchMcLovin
                America's Army- -=No.Ob=-McLovin
                Bf2-TOOmuchSEX

Comment

I had a reoccurring dream when I was young, around 7.

My brothers and I where jumping our bikes off a little ramp, maybe a foot tall. My middle brother crashes and his head falls off. The parents come out and take his body to the hospital but leave behind his head. I pick it up by the neck skin. There is a lot of neck skin for some reason and no neck muscle or spine. Then I jump on back of a motorcycle with his head flung over my shoulder like a sack. His mouth is moving as are his eyes.

I must have had that dream a half dozen times.

Another I had as a kid, maybe 6 years old, was King Kong was attacking the town. Every body had to hide in their house. He would pound on the roof and the whole house would shake and the walls would crack. To get to school we rode flying disks to fly above his head. The school was in a huge tree house and for some reason the giant monkey couldn't climb it. The dream terrified me. The first time I had was the day an earthquake put a small crack in my aunts kitchen wall.
                  I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

One that made me cry, i'm on a train in the back-most car looking back and i see my mother being carried away and beaten and i didn't do anything to help her.

One that scared me, i'm in an old hunters shack with a fireplace that looks like a mouth. A tentacle thing comes out and snatches one of my friends by the ankles and pulls him into the fire. Neither my friends nor i do anything to save him as he dies slow and painful death by fire.

One recurring one is that one of my friends gets into a situation that requires CPR (drowning, heart attack) and i can't save them no matter the effort. This has started happening since i was trained in CPR.
                    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

1) Despite having graduated from both high school and college, I'm told that I forgot to take an english class in HS and must go back to complete it (as in, go to class for an entire year) or I lose my job.

2) I'm back in college.
                      [squadl]
                      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I used to have a recurring dream when I was younger that would happen about once a month or so.

It was some kind of wasteland, there were a couple rows of train tracks. For some reason in the middle of one of the train tracks there was a manhole and as I would walk over there I would find my sister stuck in the hole. I would try to reach down and as soon as I tried pulling her out I would hear a train coming.

I can't remember the rest but I remember it wasn't a fun dream...

There was also a really freaky dream I had once where I "woke up" and heard crashing around. I walked to the door of my room and looked in the bathroom across the hall. My mom and sister were trapped in the bathroom and in between them and me there was a burglar whose head seemed hollow, the top of his head was chopped off and he had orange glowing flat-top hair. There was a light inside his head and it emmitted out the top of his head and his eyes....

I did have a dream once I was a massive ladybug and got to fly around though!

Comment

i dont recall most of this dream, but when i was younger (6 or so) i would have a nightmare, and i would wake up from it, face to face with another nightmare, and wake up from that nightmare to realize yet again, i was still sleeping... like i said, this is almost 20 years ago.. but it went on at least 5 cycles of 'waking up' to a new dream/nightmare

there was a recent one i had earlier this year that was a VERY vivid recalling of the ENTIRE previous day, starting when i woke up, and it ended ended(i woke up) when i hit the pillow in the dream... a huge case of dejavu and knowing what was comming next.. and when i woke up i wondered if i really had that dream