Metallica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica

Metallica once again proves their jerkiness. Sheesh. I used to love these guys when I was a kid in the 80's, but have found myself hating them more and more over the years.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...our-music.html
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Re: Metallica

I had heard last year that they were working on a new album for release this year. Lou Brutus has mentioned it tons of times on his show, and said that from what he had heard they were going back to a sound similar to Master of Puppets. Unfortunately, Metallica continues to prolong their asshattery. I mean, it's Metallica for crying out loud; fans are going to buy the music regardless of what some blogger out there says.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Remember when they swore they wouldn't make videos? I think they're just perpetually behind the times. They'll eventually switch to color TV and find something better to do than yell at the kids to get off their lawn...
      ---
      Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
        Metallica once again proves their jerkiness. Sheesh. I used to love these guys when I was a kid in the 80's, but have found myself hating them more and more over the years.

I didn't care for anything after Garage Days Re-Revisited. I saw them about 3 years ago and was disappointed. I guess they have enough money because they aren't getting any more of mine.

Comment

I could care less, I imagine that many past musicians were just as big of jerks, they just didn't have the global stage of the internet that Metallica does. If the music is good, I don't care. Axel Rose is as big of a jerk, yet I listen to Apatite for Destruction just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Greflin View Post
            Axel Rose is as big of a jerk, yet I listen to Apatite for Destruction just the same.
            That makes you a jerk too.
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I'm going to see Metallica this weekend. I'll heckle them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by GlobalWarmin View Post
                I'm going to see Metallica this weekend. I'll heckle them for you.
                You need to get a large banner that says

"I'M STREAMING YOUR CONCERT TO THE INTERNET.

BUT NO ONE IS LISTENING"
                No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                  That makes you a jerk too.
                  And you are just finding this out now? You've known me what...14ish years?

Comment

Originally posted by Greflin View Post
                    And you are just finding this out now? You've known me what...14ish years?
                    Every time you remind me, I cut a little deeper into my wrist.

/sobs quietly.

Comment

And Justice for All was their last album, as far as I'm concerned.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

And Justice For All wasn't a complete album due to the lack of a bass track.

Comment

Here's an update. Apparently the band didn't know what was going on. It was their management who got mad at the bloggers. I still think Lars is a total D-bag, though.

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

It smells in here.

Comment

I'd as soon believe it was a management-only decision as I would that the band secret covets Napster as a mistress.
                              [squadl]
                              "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X