Interesting Mural about evolution - The bible not included

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Mural about evolution - The bible not included

It is from my confined space, if the link doesn't direct you to the larger image, simply click on the image and scroll from left to right. I decided to not link the image due to the fact that sometimes it doesn't work. Enjoy.......

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/?attachment_id=34454
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Interesting Mural about evolution - The bible not included

With the way the world is going; global warming, wars, and other stuff this is sorta what I had in my mind of what may happen. Humans are apparently causing global warming which is eventually going to effect all living things which in turn will effect how they are going to live. Humans may die off due to extreme heat or cold(another ice age) and then some other animal will become the dominate species of Earth. Unless we can find a way to live in those conditions, live in space, or on the moon.
    I had read somewhere a scientist theory of the human species, in 10,000 years there will only one be skin color due to all the inter race breeding and humans will be an average of 7 feet tall. My theory is 10,000 years is a long time and if humans are going to still be around they need to make some drastic changes to keep the enviroment healthy enough to support human life. If they are claiming the ozone is being effected by the industrial revolution that started around the late 1800's then imagine the effects and how long it will take for all the pollution in the air from that time period till now to completely be eliminated if we stopped all air pollution now. It would probably take another 100-150 years for the air to purify itself. I would be surprised to see the human race last another 1,000 years let alone 10,000 years.

Comment

Ugh, this always frustrates me... the human race isn't going extinct any time soon, not without some sudden catastrophe. We're too adaptable, and not that stupid. The last people to die off aren't going to be the people at the top, blindly trudging forewards despite the death of the world. If global warming starts killing people to that extent, the corporations will stop and try to reverse the process. It would be in their best interest, which is what profit motive is all about. If massive nuclear war broke out, there's enough sanctuaries and bunkers that enough people would survive to keep the human race from dieing off.

Things happen in cycles, sine curves, and one startingly frequent and extremely annoying tendency of people is to forget that it goes the other way. Yeah, if we keep the current acceleration/velocity of oil-consumption/greenhouse-emission/nuclear-armament/whatever, we could theoretically wipe out life, but anyone who thinks that people aren't adaptive, that when trends become proven, and everyone starts dieing of heat exposure, that corporations will still keep fervently, blindly pumping carbon-laden fumes into the air, keeping the factories running until their dieing breath, is... ugh. I'm gonna stop myself there.

That depth of pessimism is just too much of a distorted, short-sighted view of reality.

Comment

I didn't post this link to spark something about how "humans are going to kill themselves and all that will be left will be the animals." I just thought you all would like to see an interesting mural explaining human evolution, i did notice that the person making it was trying to make a political statement, but it just shows how far we have come from the organism that we all "including animals" started as.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Not how it happend at all. Heres the real story

See undeniable proof there is no such thing as evalution. Duh

Thought that was great, and have been waiting for a reason to post it.
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101 View Post
            Ugh, this always frustrates me... the human race isn't going extinct any time soon, not without some sudden catastrophe. We're too adaptable, and not that stupid.
            Thus why we use the terminology "Life as we know it". Needless to say, without our technology, we're as fragile as any other animal. After a nuclear war, well, how many people do you think will survive a Chicago winter?

Comment

Very, very hairy ones?

/s

But, in all honesty, I think that we'll come close to extinction within the next few hundred years. But, humanity will adapt, as we always have.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                ... Humans are apparently causing global warming which is eventually going to effect all living things which in turn will effect how they are going to live...
                Humans are causing it? I thought it was a natural earth process... and we are just helping it..

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Yeah, we're probably speeding it up, and making it more severe.
                  sigpic

Comment

What I find amazing was I read that the industrial revolution that started in the 1800's with the coal burning factories is what is eating at the ozone layer now, well we have dumped a lot more pollutants into the air since then which will take a lot longer for them to be cleansed from the the air. So, if scientists are claiming the emmissions and pollutants from the 1800's are still eating at the ozone layer if all the factories in the world right now stopped it would still be an estimated 100-150 years before all the emissions to stop effecting the ozone layer. The emissions from all the factories from the 1940's haven't even come in to play yet, so it would be possible for those emmissions to still harm the whole world even after all came to a complete halt. I know a lot of plants and factories are getting a lot better emmissions but it may still be to late if what scientists claiming is true. The Earth still has at least another 100-150 years to purify itself if all stopped right NOW and in that 100-150 years the Earth may increase rapidly in temperature. Yes, humans are like cockroaches, we can adapt to a changing enviroment but will that change have to be so drastic that we need to be cave dwellers to stay out of a scorching sun or walk around with SPF UVA UVB 150 sunblock on?
                    I believe that the next 150-200 years will be an important time in human history that may determine how humans will live and how the Earth will be effected.

Comment

Delta*RandyShugart*, could you, pretty please, try to remember to post threads like this in the appropriate forum?

Thanks!
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        Delta*RandyShugart*, could you, pretty please, try to remember to post threads like this in the appropriate forum?

Thanks!

you got it cd, i wasn't sure whether it would fit in the sandbox or not, that is why i put it in GD. I didn't think it would bring up the discussion it has, though i was hoping with the title there would be more postings like cougars......oh well, thanks though for moving it much appreciated!
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, but trust me, any thread that has 'evolution' and 'bible' in the title needs to be in the Sandbox... ;)
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X