Tim Russert dead at 58

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Russert dead at 58

One of the few good newsmen around died today. It's a shame too, right before the most historic election ever.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_russert

Re: Tim Russert dead at 58

I turned on the television and saw this...

All I can say is WOW. He was the most intelligent man I'd ever seen involved in politics.

RIP Tim
    Skud

Comment

He was the guy you could point to to prove that O'Rielly and his ilk are asshats.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Very surprising to see this when I came home today. I kinda liked watching Meet The Press. That sucks that he died right in the middle of this Presidential election.

Comment

Yeah, it certainly was a big shock. Election coverage won't be the same.
          "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
          -- Red Forman

Comment

Well, another man's done gone.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
              He was the guy you could point to to prove that O'Rielly and his ilk are asshats.
              Yep, most definitely. Russert had integrity - something lacking in journalism today.

Comment

it was a sad day today, he was a great all around guy, and he really held meet the press together, he will be missed dearly, my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Sunday mornings suffer because of this loss.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X