Dog Swept Up, Killed By NYC Street Sweeper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Swept Up, Killed By NYC Street Sweeper

This is (hehe) just HORRIBLE (*snicker*)

The incident occurred at Randall and St. Lawrence avenues in the Soundview section of the borough. Witnesses say the sweeper came speeding down the street, swerving to avoid a speed bump, before yanking the dog, a Boston terrier named Ginger, right out of its leash.
    I'm sure that in reality this would have been pretty horrible and enfuriating to see, but damn that's some funny stuff.

"Yipe! WHOOSH BRRRRRRRT"

Re: Dog Swept Up, Killed By NYC Street Sweeper

Originally posted by leejo View Post
    This is (hehe) just HORRIBLE (*snicker*)

I'm sure that in reality this would have been pretty horrible and enfuriating to see, but damn that's some funny stuff.

"Yipe! WHOOSH BRRRRRRRT"
    Guess what Al Sharptons new job is going to be after the election.

Comment

Dog walker?

Comment

I tried really really really hard..

But I am unable to see the humor in this at all. I'll have to go see a psychiatrist about that.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

You've never seen A Fish Called Wanda I suppose. Small dogs meeting an untimely death are a staple of physical comedy dude.

Imagine what the street cleaner was listening to on his headphones!
          Last edited by leejo; 06-13-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

I, too, am unable to find the humor in the loss of someone's pet/friend. If it were my dog, I'd be devastated also.

Comment

If it were my dog I'd be devastated too. Just like I'd be devastated if my son tied a bunch of balloons to his chair and floated out to sea. But it wasn't my dog and I do think it's kinda funny. Sorry.

Comment

It's funny, but in a morbid way.
                Ever see Hot Fuzz?
                Remember when the reporter died from the pillar spearing his head? Then he fell funny?

I found that hilarious!
                It's the same way, but more morbid cause it's irl.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, Rest in many peices then ginger...
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I love boston terriers.

I don't find any humor...
                    Skud

Comment

Pretty clear who the cat people are and who the dog people are. :D

(Had it been a cat, I could sympathize a lot more.)

OTOH, I feel guilty killing spiders (which I'm not particularly fond of).

But humor is ultimately about pain, a kind of whistling in the graveyard.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Ehh I like both animals.. Hate spiders though, Gotta be thinking the one that you let go might just be carrying 800 little babies...
                        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I gotta say that I love cats and dogs before I comment.
                          This seems totally innapropriate to laugh along with as there is no direct humour involved in this situation.
                          The owner even had to chase the sweeper down the street for a couple of blocks and when he did eventually catch up with him, the operator refused to turn the machine off !
                          If that happened to ANY animal in front of me, I would be mortified and I am saddened to see that some people find this loss of life funny.

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qguwpiDbMws&feature=related[/media]

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qguwpiDbMws&feature=related[/media]
                              HAHA That is too funny!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X