X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When McCain Drops out of the Race...

Now this is just damn interesting:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/200...uffpost/107236

Anyone up for starting a pool on the odds of this happening and the replacement nominee?
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: When McCain Drops out of the Race...

She gives the "Republican Party Machine" way too much credit for how much power they have. Even if they decided that McCain was not the best candidate to win in the fall, there's no way they could convince McCain to agree with them. I mean, the DNC couldn't even get Hillary to stop attacking Obama until June, when it was obvious she wasn't going to win months ago, and Arianna Huffington thinks the RNC can just tell McCain to step aside? Not going to happen.

Comment

Complete liberal crap - but if I had a dark horse candidate of choice: Powell.
      Skud

Comment

This sounds like some of the inane blog patter in April that suggested that Gore could suddenly materialize on stage at the Democratic convention and snap up the nomination by fiat. This despite the lack of a campaign staff, funding, legal paperwork, interest at the leadership and popular levels, or even physical presence at campaign events.

McCain is the assumed nominee. He has the votes, the money, the staff, and the support of the party elders. Short of dropping dead or comatose before the election, that's who they're going to run.
        In game handle: Steel Scion
        sigpic

Comment

Not only is McCain going to be ousted but so is Obama.

It is going to be a Clinton vs Jeb Bush race. I know it, I just know it. Just think of the ratings!!!
          I知 not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
            She gives the "Republican Party Machine" way too much credit for how much power they have. Even if they decided that McCain was not the best candidate to win in the fall, there's no way they could convince McCain to agree with them. I mean, the DNC couldn't even get Hillary to stop attacking Obama until June, when it was obvious she wasn't going to win months ago, and Arianna Huffington thinks the RNC can just tell McCain to step aside? Not going to happen.
            Huffington didn't write that piece.

But yeah, this is sooooo unlikely it's not even worth speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by xanathemax View Post
              Huffington didn't write that piece.

But yeah, this is sooooo unlikely it's not even worth speculating.
              My mistake, I saw the Huffington-Post stamp on it and didn't bother to check the actual author credit. :row__581:

Comment

Ohhhhhh I just thought of something better.

We do it Big Brother style!!!!!!

Get 8 canidates from each party. Have to have more women but I am sure this can happen. Elizibeth Dole, Rice, Clinton and a couple of the female governors out there.

Gotta have at least one gay.

Then put them all in a house isolated from the world. They can't rely on any advisers or media gurus.

It would be so cool.
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                  Ohhhhhh I just thought of something better.

We do it Big Brother style!!!!!!

Get 8 canidates from each party. Have to have more women but I am sure this can happen. Elizibeth Dole, Rice, Clinton and a couple of the female governors out there.

Gotta have at least one gay.

Then put them all in a house isolated from the world. They can't rely on any advisers or media gurus.

It would be so cool.
                  I might have misread that article, but I thought that's exactly what they proposed.
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                    I might have misread that article, but I thought that's exactly what they proposed.
                    They left out the "challenges", hot-tub and late-night snuggling scenes.

The house

Republicans:

Condi Rice
                    Marilyn Musgrave
                    Huckabee
                    Some cute female coed for eye candy.
                    Mitt Romney
                    Ron Paul (the guy always stirring up the pot and being a general pain in the butt)
                    McCain
                    Jeb Bush

Democrats:

Michael Bloomberg
                    Hillary Clinton
                    Obama
                    Bill Richardson
                    Some cute young male for eye candy
                    Geraldine Ferraro
                    Joe Liberman
                    Dennis Kucinich (Need somebody for laughs.)

Comment

OMG, this is genius.

They actually hold it in the White House! And the presidents chambers is the HOH special bed room!

And when somebody wins the HOH, they don't get letters from home but a meeting with a popular pundit.

Comment

This needs a little Rock of Love and Flava of Love thrown in to be even worth commenting on.

Rock of Love element: Bill Clinton can be the host and when someone is NOT kicked off the show, Clinton asks "Will you rock my world?" and the big winner gets to sleep with him in the "special bed room". But basically there should be as many shots of Bill Clinton making out with someone (who cares who?) as possible.

Flava of Love element: each contestant has to perform some task to demonstrate actual competence. Hilarity ensues!

Comment

Originally posted by leejo View Post
                          This needs a little Rock of Love and Flava of Love thrown in to be even worth commenting on.

Rock of Love element: Bill Clinton can be the host and when someone is NOT kicked off the show, Clinton asks "Will you rock my world?" and the big winner gets to sleep with him in the "special bed room". But basically there should be as many shots of Bill Clinton making out with someone (who cares who?) as possible.

Flava of Love element: each contestant has to perform some task to demonstrate actual competence. Hilarity ensues!
                          I think we have a hit on our hands! Plus the election will now be entertaining and accessible to all. Talk about democracy.

Comment

Heh..you guys kill me ... Take a Totally crazy article and turn it into something serious like Flav o'Love or Rock of' Flav... Or if Fox could get the animated rights... maybe the "i am only a bill" (School House Rock fame) could be redone with an animated Bill Clinton... Kinda Mix of Family Guy and Heavy Metal... with a little Superfriends thrown in for Nostalgia..
                            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                            ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                              Now this is just damn interesting:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/200...uffpost/107236

Anyone up for starting a pool on the odds of this happening and the replacement nominee?
                              and HELL-ary will be the next president of the united states.
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                              Level I HazMat Technician
                              NYS EMT-B
                              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...