• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 3

Firefox 3 released today:

http://download.mozilla.org/?product...win&lang=en-GB

Re: Firefox 3

Ooooh thanks for the link.
    "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Hm, I DLed it, but most plugins won't work with it (or only some dev releases do), so I guess I'll better wait a few weeks until I'll start using FF3.

Comment

nathrael, i recommend you add on noscript and adblocker, they are great, also coolris isn't bad and you can check for updates, i prefer FF than IE, it runs more smoothly, but that's my own opinion, i ensure to make FF my default browser, its great and free!!
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

All my Add-ons work fine. I don't use many, yet, though. Right now I have PicLens, CoolIris, AeroFox Theme, and another I can't think off the top of ma head right now.
          "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

They're also going to break their 5m goal within the hour and will probably finish up around 7-10m at the end of the 24 hours as people get to work tomorrow morning and update their systems there.
            Last edited by Satertek; 06-18-2008, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Hmmm,i was a IE guy up until today,i have to say though, i am impressed by how easy to customise Firefox is!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                Hmmm,i was a IE guy up until today,i have to say though, i am impressed by how easy to customise Firefox is!
                I use both myself but use IE more often. But this release definitely keeps the browser wars going. That is a good thing.
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

They are updating the plugins very quickly. I have full funcionality with the sole exception of FireFTP after less than one day of FF3 full release.

EDIT: Less than 2 minutes after post, fireftp updated and works.

Comment

AdBlock still not updated...
                    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

I've been using the betas up until the final release here. Firefox is 100% better than IE, and a LOT faster.
                      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                        nathrael, i recommend you add on noscript and adblocker, they are great, also coolris isn't bad and you can check for updates, i prefer FF than IE, it runs more smoothly, but that's my own opinion, i ensure to make FF my default browser, its great and free!!
                        Oh, I'm already using Firefox for a pretty long time (started using it about 1 month after I finally got a broadband connection), but I'll stay with FF2 until a stable FF3 version of the various plugins I use (Tab Mix plus, Adblock Plus etc) comes out.

Thanks for advice for using Noscript though, sadly, I haven't heard of it until now.

Comment

I use FF(3) because...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse