Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD5 World at War

Oh. Gee. World War II again. NEXT!

I am so underwhelmed with the idea of another COD WWII title that I am actually feeling a strong urge to go play Myst. Anyone interested in this title? Should they just hang up their Garand and take a stab at something else? Is it time for COD: Waterloo?

Seriously, though. Are you excited about this one? What's got your interest? The demo video they release looks very nice, and the Pacific theatre is rather neglected in the genre, so there might be some interesting stuff there. COD 2 certainly did a good job with it's portrayal of the entrance into Stalingrad, so maybe COD5 can pull some amazing moments out of the Pacific theatre.

Re: COD5 World at War

CoD: Waterloo would be freakin EPIC. :P

But I've always thought that the WW2 CoD games were better, it's what the franchise was built on.
    With all the innovations they've made on the 4th, this one should be pretty awesome.

*blows dust off his ol' Thompson*
    sigpic

Comment

COD: Vietnam might be fun. I liked BFV back in the day; though you don't see too many games taking that genre (maybe b/c of the relatively recent time period?)

Comment

Heh, I'm sure Modern Combat is far more reminiscient of recent times, so I doubt it's the recent-ity (look, a new word!) of it.
        Probably just the bitter memories of an arse kicking from a third world nation. :\
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brain21 View Post
          Heh, I'm sure Modern Combat is far more reminiscient of recent times, so I doubt it's the recent-ity (look, a new word!) of it.
          Probably just the bitter memories of an arse kicking from a third world nation. :\
          That's pretty much it. Vietnam wasn't exactly our greatest moment in history (not like Iraq/Afghanistan is going to go down well either). American audiences probably wouldn't be very interested in playing a war game where we lose.

But if anyone could do a brilliant Vietnam game it would be the CoD franchise. I'm pretty pumped for another CoD game set in WWII, especially the Pacific theater. It has a lot of potential for EPIC win.
          | | |

Comment

Remember that Infinity Ward is not creating this title, Treyarch are the one's doing the "odd" numbered titled CoD's (which started with Part 3). IW Created 1,2, and 4 So far. However, Treyarch did a pretty good job with the singleplayer in CoD3, but the MP was pretty terrible. Hopefully they'll try their hardest to get this one right, and its quite nice IW is allowing them to use the CoD4 engine.

Comment

The trailer for this new CoD looked pretty cool, but I love all the CoD's so it has to kick ass. I'll probably buy this when it comes out.
              "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

I'm not thrilled about another WW2 game, there's way too many as is. The Pacific theatre is a bit different, but substitute Japanese for Germans and palm trees for pine trees and you have the same gift in different wrapping paper.

I prefer modern combat weapons myself, but maybe they'll do okay with the game based off of the COD4 perk system and such. Can't see myself really getting into it, though.
                [squadl]
                "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Personally, I was hoping for CoD 5: Pre-Historical Cro-Magnon Man vs. Dinosaur Battles with Sticks and Rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    Personally, I was hoping for CoD 5: Pre-Historical Cro-Magnon Man vs. Dinosaur Battles with Sticks and Rocks!
                    I wouldn't mind COD 5: World Domination. (a la Roman Empire)

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I think we're all secretly waiting for that one.

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ferris Bueller again.

:icon_lol:
                        Dizlor

Comment

I think it will be cool to play a real pacific theater ww2 game. Im looking forward to it. how bad can it be? At the worst it will be like playing cod2 but with better graphics and flame throwers.
                          "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
                          -John Adams
                          "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
                          -Charles Beard

Comment

It should have been the Canadian and Great Britain major campaigns in Italy and Northern Europe. The single player for that would be quite amazing.

As I have read cod2 and I think cod3 had some sort of thing like this but revisiting it with better graphics a more true story line and the nice Italian landscape and vineyards would be freaking awesome.

If you have read The Regiment by Farley Mowat than you know what im talking about.
                            Last edited by Extinct; 07-11-2008, 06:59 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

How about a few more COD titles:

The Liberation of Paris.

Suburbs of the Berlin Front

The Red Army in Poland

Pacific Battles: The New Hebrides Campaign

Secret Nazi Space Marines (The Secret Battles)

List your own and lets mail it to whoever makes these games, we can milk this teat until Y3K.

Sarcoma
                              Sarcoma.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...