A new Secretary of State for the USA.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new Secretary of State for the USA.

I think Dr. Rice will do a fine job, but I heard a suggestion today that I think would've been perfect: Bill O'Reilly suggested that President Bush should've asked President Clinton to serve his country once more. Is that perfect, or what? The world, especially Europe, loves President Clinton. President Clinton never took a tough stand against anyone, so he hasn't pissed any countries off. He's obviously a patriot that has the interests of the United States in mind. He'd provide the same "dove in a hawk's cabinet" perspective that Colin Powell provided. And he'd be following the guidance of a conservative administration.

Perfect, I tell you!

I doubt that he'd accept the position, however...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: A new Secretary of State for the USA.

It'd be nice to see a position he didn't accept.

Sorry. I had to.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Lol !
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

ofcourse he didnt

If you are a manager of IT department would you want to work as a tech support if some1 offered you a possition?

no

Comment

Originally posted by Turbinator
          ofcourse he didnt

If you are a manager of IT department would you want to work as a tech support if some1 offered you a possition?

no
          That's an incomplete analogy... If the law says you can only manage an IT department for 8 years, would you then take a position 3 rungs down the ladder in order to continue to support and guide the company that you love? It's not like he can work a better IT job, as one doesn't exist. He's now relegated to giving speeches at schools. Why wouldn't he want to serve his country again?

I think the main issue would've been serving in a conservative administration. I still think he would've done an outstanding job, though...
          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Clinton is the last person I'd want to have on my staff (I just reread this....ew!). He's a star, he likes being the star, he craves attention, and I promise you his focus would not be implementing my policies.

Besides, why would President Bush want to have him on his administration? Diplomacy isn't about making people like you, it's about implementing policy. Clinton did a great job of making everyone (in Europe) like him but we now know several of these countries were selling all sorts of nasty things to SH and generally working to undermine the USA around the world. Of course they liked Clinton: he made life easy for them.

Comment

Sort of a throwback to the days where the runner-up in a Presidential election would serve as VP isn't it? I doubt it would work very well.

Besides, WJC thinks he can still move up. He wants to be UN Secretary General.
              Grim
              Potential is interesting. Performance counts.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                Diplomacy isn't about making people like you...
                U r teh right! It's about bombing them into submission!! LOLLZZ!! :icon33:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

U r teh right indeed.

Bombing them into submission is certainly a tool in the diplomatic kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim
                    Besides, WJC thinks he can still move up. He wants to be UN Secretary General.
                    That most certainly is not up...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

It seems to me that recent events have made the President's choice for Secretary of State to be somewhat prescient, no?

Watch Russia/Ukraine to heat up...
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X