spiders EW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiders EW

so i woke up to what i thought was a mosquito on my left temple, i swatted it across my face and it landed on my pillow, but as i swatted it, it feeled hard, and big. i click on the light and BAM... huge (ok... it was small... as big as my thumb nail) spider runnin around..... now i feel like my arms, legs, face is crawling with spiders.... i hate them... so i figure id look what kind of spider i think i came across......

is the closest pic i could find using google (keywords common midwest spiders)

anyone else have spider storys?

i cant get a pic of it because i scooped it up with a piece of paper and smashed it with the edge of a lighter
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: spiders EW

I got bit by a brown recluse on my leg and lost a 3" piece of flesh when it necrotized and basically fell off. Mucho fun.

Comment

My room is filled by daddy long legs and wolf spiders. :\

Other than that, and the many spider bites I have, I have no real stories.
      Good, I suppose.
      sigpic

Comment

I frequently find House Centipedes around my apartment, although I've never woken up to one chillin on my face.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

At my old apartment, I had a spider that I believe was trying to kill me for several years. Every few weeks I'd walk out my front door in the morning and the thing had spun a web in the door frame at head height that was so strong it actually gave me solid resistance when I tried to walk through.

One night I was going out to grab dinner and I opened the door to see an even bigger web than usual... and the slightly larger than quarter-sized spider sitting smack in the middle. I closed the door, grabbed my phone book, opened the door again and took a solid swing. Not only did the impact sound like I had hit a golf ball, but I actually heard the thing bounce across the parking lot.

Either I killed it or it decided that trying to eat me was not worth chancing another airborne adventure, because I never had a web in my door after that.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I had a spider that is the size of a tarantula - but not hairy and smaller body/longer legs - in my shed. The web strands were massive, almost thick as guitar strings. I fed it crickets forever. I dunno what happened to it, but I miss it. It ate an entire wasps nest that was in the shed as well. I will upload a pic if I find one.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I was staying with family at a cabin in a national park in Georgia.. real nice place, super clean.

I guess I rolled over in my sleep or something and I felt a sharp, burning, searing, spreading pain on my shoulder by my neck. So at 3am I shot bolt upright, shouting, and flailing at my neck and felt something go flying off. My wife (at the time) shot out of bed and turned on the light... We found a 2" black scorpion on the floor - it stung me in my sleep.

Man, that hurt.
              sigpic

Comment

the scorpion test FTW...

the smaller the scorpion - the deadlier the sting
                the bigger the scorpion - the safer the sting...

I'll take a 6 inch scorpion over a 1/2 inch one anyday.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

seriously i about ran upstairs screaming.....i HATE spiders...Im talking school girl scream HATE them. My wife learned early on that she better just kill them because she isnt getting any help from me.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

I've had cockroaches land on me in my sleep before.. a pretty disturbing way to wake up. But this is Florida.. so it's pretty normal to have that happen a few times in your life.
                    sigpic

Comment

These are one of the ONLY scorpions that can crawl on walls/upside down, and the only dangerous species in the western US. They also live in my state, awesome
                      Last edited by TurkishDelight; 07-04-2008, 04:21 AM.
                      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

My sister is extremely allergic to mosquito and spider bites. When we were around 8, she had three spiders invade her room and bite her over a dozen times. Each bite grew to the size of a half dollar and my dad thought she had lime disease.
                        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

*ahem* Lyme's Disease *cough*

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                            My sister is extremely allergic to mosquito and spider bites. When we were around 8, she had three spiders invade her room and bite her over a dozen times. Each bite grew to the size of a half dollar and my dad thought she had lime disease.
                            Mmm.. I wouldn't call that 'extremely' allergic.. that size welt is not uncommon from a 'bite' at that age. Down here you'll see that from mosquitoes on a young child all the time. Eventually, only about half the 'bites' will even show up, and the ones that do are typical size - around 4 or 5mm to 7mm. Same goes for chiggers.. the scourge of the south.

Now when your breathing gets messed up from a bite and the throat swells up.. then ya gotta get the benedryl out.. and if you are extremely allergic.. the Epi-pen.

When I was that age.. I'd show bites all over all the time, same with poison ivy, oak, and sumac.. now I don't show a bit.

When I was backpacking the Florida Trail.. I used to get satisfying revenge at night when the mosquitoes came out. I would shut myself in my North Face tent and turn on a light.. the s'quitoes would land outside on the mesh and stick their probosces through the mesh and I'd PINCH THEM OFF! Great way to lull yourself to sleep. :D

Recently.. like, 2 weeks ago, I had a weird experience. About mid-day at work I fell something in my shoe after over 4 hours at work. I figured it was a pebble or something.. so finally, about 30 minutes after first noticing it, I took my shoe off to dump it out - it was A COCKROACH! Still alive. What TH' HECK! That thing hung out in my shoe for almost 5 HOURS! All the time I was walking all over the office.. go figger.

My son Aidan was there.. he laughed his tushie off at it.. freakin' roach!
                            sigpic

Comment

OMFG I HATWE SPIDERS! I live out on FM236 here in texas and we have HUGE spiders. I was cutting the grass the other day and this figgin spider ran up the wall. It's body had to be an inch long and legs spanned bigger than a silver dollar. I dropped the weed wacker and ran and screamed like a little girl...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X