Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting with Houds is now over.

hunting to come to an end

for years now the people of this country have been trying to get fox hunting banned. the sport is barbaric and often uses more violence than is needed to complete the task. the object of the hunt is to kill foxs, no reguards to the size of the fox at all. if they actually get on the tail of a fox, the blood hounds will chase the thing until its heart gives up, it will literally go into cardiac arest, then they will tear its limbs off while the thing is screaming in pain.

i have seen this with my own eyes on holiday in the countryside, and the horse men crowd round and laugh as it is pulled apart.

now its being banned, something which the labour government has said it will do since 1997,

it has been tried before but the rich snobs in the house of lords keep rejecting it, this time, it has been passed through using the parliament act, to ensure that our elected members have the final say over the way the country is run.

www.TeamElement.com

Re: Hunting with Houds is now over.

Originally posted by DudeMan
    hunting to come to an end

for years now the people of this country have been trying to get fox hunting banned. the sport is barbaric and often uses more violence than is needed to complete the task. the object of the hunt is to kill foxs, no reguards to the size of the fox at all. if they actually get on the tail of a fox, the blood hounds will chase the thing until its heart gives up, it will literally go into cardiac arest, then they will tear its limbs off while the thing is screaming in pain.

i have seen this with my own eyes on holiday in the countryside, and the horse men crowd round and laugh as it is pulled apart.

now its being banned, something which the labour government has said it will do since 1997,

it has been tried before but the rich snobs in the house of lords keep rejecting it, this time, it has been passed through using the parliament act, to ensure that our elected members have the final say over the way the country is run.
    Well, I'm glad that democracy prevailed.

I'm not too familiar with fox hunting, but if they tried to outlaw hunting with dogs out here, I'd vehemently object to it. I think the styles of hunting are vastly different, though. I've only personally seen dogs hunt a puma/mountain lion/cougar, but I know they're used to hunt various animals...

Are foxes still a pest that needs to be controlled by humans? I know coyotes are horrible pests out here. I don't think that there's anyplace in the US that they are protected at any time... 'Course, coyotes are rarely hunted by dogs...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Foxes are a pest and I believe hunting was the best way to be rid of them.

And the alternative?

Setting traps, etc. a fox can walk into, be trapped and left for days to face a slow and eventually painful death from starvation?

Hunting was one of the more humane methods of pest control and to see it banned is just another case of new age 'do-gooder's winning government backing.
      Last edited by Vap0r; 11-20-2004, 05:58 PM.

Comment

At last we can stop wasting parliament's time with this stupid squable.
        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

I always thought that fox hunting sounded like a fun sport. But after reading your description of what the hunt actually entails, I'm inclined to change my mind. Not only does it seem like a "sporting" event, but seems to be cruel and unusual for the victims of the hunt.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
            I always thought that fox hunting sounded like a fun sport. But after reading your description of what the hunt actually entails, I'm inclined to change my mind. Not only does it seem like a "sporting" event, but seems to be cruel and unusual for the victims of the hunt.
            I dunno about Engish hunting, but out here the animals are usually treed or cornered by the dogs and then the hunter shoots the prey.

But I must ask, what's cruel and unusual about a pack of dogs attacking a fox? Seems pretty natural to me. The only think unusual is that a human is tagging along to watch, apparently...
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

The main thing is foxes are considered a pest over here and the natural effective method of control is pack hunting.

I agree with Cing in that I can't see what is unusual about this.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                But I must ask, what's cruel and unusual about a pack of dogs attacking a fox? Seems pretty natural to me. The only think unusual is that a human is tagging along to watch, apparently...
                Nature taking it's course...shame...don't watch two dogs humping...you might find yourself in trouble for watching prOn....

Comment

first off i have to say, i thought the same as you apophis, however as i have said i have seen it first hand, i watched a fox run into a fox screaming as it is running, it literally began to die running. it slowed down and began to fall over but still gasping for air trying to get away. the hounds then caught up with it, swamed it and began to shake it tear its limbs off.. ect ect.... and all the time this fox is screaming, the huntsmen had gathered around it and were cheering and laughing.

it is inhumane, i will not deny it may have been started to get rid of a pest, but now its just a blood sport, just as good as bull fighting.

secondly, fox's only ever took te weak sheep, for people to say foxs took healthy stock is crap, i have foxs living less than a mile away from me and i have 2 small dogs, the foxs will not touch them or my cat, it has looked but will not touch them. a foxs main meal and diet is mice vowls, small birds even insects. but they do not go after healthy animals. i have seen my cat warn off 2 fox's that got close, a small domestic cat.

nature taking its course.. sorry thats crap, blood hounds were manually made to be as they are, designed by humans to be efficient at killing fox's... so thats rubbish.

secondly there are no wild dogs in England, no wolf, and very very few stray dogs.

thirdly the dogs that are kept for hunting have a life span of 4 years, after which they are two slow for hunting and are shot.

dont tell me this is for the good of animals,

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I dunno about Engish hunting, but out here the animals are usually treed or cornered by the dogs and then the hunter shoots the prey.

I would agree if it was all done in a natural environment. IE: the dogs were naturally there and were not trained to specifically rip the fox apart limb from limb. I understand that nature takes its course and I find that entirely acceptable. I used to hunt quite extensively, but I don't think this type of "hunting" would be something I personally would have any interest in.

My older brother lives out in the high desert of Oregon. Every year they have a "Rat Hunt" in the town he lives in. The "rats" are actually Prairie Dogs and are considered quite a nuisance to the ranchers that live in the area. All of the townsfolk head out to the ranches and see how many of these "rats" they can kill. They don't use dogs to rip them up and don't practice any cruel behavior towards the animals other than shooting them dead. The winner of the hunt wins a number of prizes.

This method of ridding an area of animals considered as pests just seems to be a little more palatable for my tastes than what Dudeman described in their typical fox hunts.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

This method of ridding an area of animals considered as pests just seems to be a little more palatable for my tastes than what Dudeman described in their typical fox hunts.
                      Oh, I'm with you on it not being my thing...

But when you live in a country that doesn't trust their citiz, err, subjects to own guns, well... I suppose they are somewhat restricted in the ways that they can rid their countryside of pests.
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I would agree if it was all done in a natural environment. IE: the dogs were naturally there and were not trained to specifically rip the fox apart limb from limb. I understand that nature takes its course and I find that entirely acceptable. I used to hunt quite extensively, but I don't think this type of "hunting" would be something I personally would have any interest in.

My older brother lives out in the high desert of Oregon. Every year they have a "Rat Hunt" in the town he lives in. The "rats" are actually Prairie Dogs and are considered quite a nuisance to the ranchers that live in the area. All of the townsfolk head out to the ranches and see how many of these "rats" they can kill. They don't use dogs to rip them up and don't practice any cruel behavior towards the animals other than shooting them dead. The winner of the hunt wins a number of prizes.

yep, and whats more, only hunting with hounds is being banned, not hunting all together.

and i missed it before but new aged doo gooder, no, alot of the people who voted labour in the election wanted this.

i will have no problem with taking a rifle out and shooting them dead, but ripping them up while people watch is sick and wrong.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Oh, I'm with you on it not being my thing...

But when you live in a country that doesn't trust their citiz, err, subjects to own guns, well... I suppose they are somewhat restricted in the ways that they can rid their countryside of pests.

well cing the expert on our laws. first off, enough with your im american so im holier than now nonsense, just stop it ok, it isnt funny or clever,

secondly you can own weapins, farmers especially are allowed a license is required. so shooting them is an option.

shot guns, small rifles that sorrt of thing.

yeah so what you americans are allowed guns, so what, most people here dont actually want to own guns. get over it, stop trying to put my country and my beliefs dopwn, i am sick of it.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                            well cing the expert on our laws. first off, enough with your im american so im holier than now nonsense, just stop it ok, it isnt funny or clever,

secondly you can own weapins, farmers especially are allowed a license is required. so shooting them is an option.

shot guns, small rifles that sorrt of thing.

yeah so what you americans are allowed guns, so what, most people here dont actually want to own guns. get over it, stop trying to put my country and my beliefs dopwn, i am sick of it.
                            I don't think he was putting England down, he just noted that your country's gun laws/culture are different than America's. Don't take everything personal man.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
                              I don't think he was putting England down, he just noted that your country's gun laws/culture are different than America's. Don't take everything personal man.

But when you live in a country that doesn't trust their citiz, err, subjects to own guns, well...
                              yeah if you read that and dont see a condecending insulting piece of text you are blind.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X