X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Tillman Probe

Committee says fuzzy memories hurt Tillman probe
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/..._friendly_fire

This information probably didn't make it onto Fox News.

Re: Pat Tillman Probe

whats the point of this? I get it you are against the war in iraq, and yes it was a friendly fire incident, 60 minutes did a report on this about 2 months ago or so.........but why put the knife in even further? Seriously, Pat Tillman is an American Hero, who died defending his country, yes its unfortunate that it was friendly fire, and it wasn't reporting the right way in the beginning because of confusion and non-clear reports, but why tarnish a fallen Ranger's honor even further?
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
      whats the point of this? I get it you are against the war in iraq, and yes it was a friendly fire incident, 60 minutes did a report on this about 2 months ago or so.........but why put the knife in even further? Seriously, Pat Tillman is an American Hero, who died defending his country, yes its unfortunate that it was friendly fire, and it wasn't reporting the right way in the beginning because of confusion and non-clear reports, but why tarnish a fallen Ranger's honor even further?
      ...and did you not read the details about how the Bush administration handled the incident?

They broke the law to exploit his death for Bush's reelection, and then lied and said that Tillman was there because of 9/11. Is that how American heroes should be treated? I think everyone should be able to agree that it is not.

Comment

The fact that it was friendly fire came out a LONG time ago. No sense in beating a dead horse. I get it, you don't like the President, the administration, or the war. That's fine. I have some good news for you, then. The election's this year and you get a new President. I am still honored by Pat Tillman's sacrifice. He still died for our country, even if his death was an accident, or the reporting was lousy, or propagandized. God bless him and these great United States of America.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Um, try reading before posting comments about friendly fire.

Comment

Originally posted by GlobalWarmin View Post
            ...and did you not read the details about how the Bush administration handled the incident?

They broke the law to exploit his death for Bush's reelection, and then lied and said that Tillman was there because of 9/11. Is that how American heroes should be treated? I think everyone should be able to agree that it is not.
            Ummm, Tillman did enlist after the events of 9/11, i know a few other people who did this as well. So........I think you should read some other articles before putting all your eggs into one article that was posted by yahoo news.....

Attention Everyone!!!!! Pat Tillman's Death is the sole reason George Bush won the election!!! Attention Attention, read all about it above, Pat Tillman's death was the catalyst for George Bush being elected a second time!!!!

Listen Global, i know you dislike the current president and all those who support his party, and this might be a shock to you but in war sometimes there is confusion, and sometimes friendlies get shot by accident, and then the initial reports are written up in ways to protect those who fought, etc etc...sh*t happens........But if you read the article, Tillman died doing his job, right after they were ambushed.......so don't blame this on George Bush, but for once take into consideration the familes, and the soldiers who died defending our country and fighting against terrorists, and fighting for what they believe in, because like it or not, Pat Tillman is a Hero, and you don't even agree with why he was fighting so why comment on his death?
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Committee says fuzzy memories hurt Tillman probe
              http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/..._friendly_fire

This information probably didn't make it onto Fox News.
              Man, have you no shame? What in the world is your point? Are you no better than the politicos that use the deaths of heroes to try to gain power?
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                Ummm, Tillman did enlist after the events of 9/11, i know a few other people who did this as well. So........I think you should read some other articles before putting all your eggs into one article that was posted by yahoo news.....

Attention Everyone!!!!! Pat Tillman's Death is the sole reason George Bush won the election!!! Attention Attention, read all about it above, Pat Tillman's death was the catalyst for George Bush being elected a second time!!!!

Listen Global, i know you dislike the current president and all those who support his party, and this might be a shock to you but in war sometimes there is confusion, and sometimes friendlies get shot by accident, and then the initial reports are written up in ways to protect those who fought, etc etc...sh*t happens........But if you read the article, Tillman died doing his job, right after they were ambushed.......so don't blame this on George Bush, but for once take into consideration the familes, and the soldiers who died defending our country and fighting against terrorists, and fighting for what they believe in, because like it or not, Pat Tillman is a Hero, and you don't even agree with why he was fighting so why comment on his death?
                And apparently, sometimes they get shot on purpose and the event is covered up.

Comment

Originally posted by angrysniper View Post
                  And apparently, sometimes they get shot on purpose and the event is covered up.
                  watch the 60 minutes interview/report on this.......it goes more in depth and yes a dark side of the military came out, but if you watch it, you will understand, and you can tell it was a chaotic event......Pat Tillman in my mind is still a hero, along with the men he fought side by side with.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Being from AZ anything that has to do with Pat Tillman is pretty sensitive material even now. I do agree that this government tried to use Pat's death and name for political gain to help with whatever, election or just a better foothold for the war effort. So slam Bush all you want but leave Pat Tillman out of it. Pat Tillman was a great man and a great American and he will always be a hero in my eyes. And don't forget his brother Kevin who enlisted at the same time and was there doing the same things as Pat!! He didn't make it to the pros but he was playing minor league ball at the time and gave up that life style as well, so in my eye Kevin is just as much a hero as Pat is......

Oh and you can find some very interesting info from Kevin Tillman about the Bush administration and Kevin's view on the whole situation.
                    sigpic

Comment

Attention You People:

The article I posted doesn't say anything but that Pat Tillman was a hero. I guess I should just pay lip service to him like you all think is necessary, instead of actually having the respect for him and his death, as I do, to care what happened. To not even read what the article says is disrespectful to Pat Tillman. And you all should be ashamed for even assuming that I would post anything negative to say about a serviceman who died, on a forum where I know my members are service members themselves.

The article is about how the investigation about why the army lied about his death. Turns out it was most likely for Bush's reelection, but the official record will never say because no one would answer any questions.

Read the article and see what it says, but spare me having to read your insanity about "Why do you hate Pat Tillman?!". Christ. You people.

Comment

From a political standpoint, I see nothing surprising that a political machine would use altered events for their gain. History is full of this sort of behavior. Bush is certainly guilty of it, but I seem to remember Hillary not too long ago spouting tales of a visit to a foreign land amidst sniper file and utterly hostile conditions, only to find out (and rather obviously) that this was also not what happened.

Are these examples exactly the same? No - the Tillman lie, provided this story is true, would be worse. But to be shocked by this sort of thing happening, or think that one party or the other is more likely to be guilty of this sort of behavior, is naive.
                        "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                        -- Red Forman

Comment

Originally posted by RedForman View Post
                          From a political standpoint, I see nothing surprising that a political machine would use altered events for their gain. History is full of this sort of behavior. Bush is certainly guilty of it, but I seem to remember Hillary not too long ago spouting tales of a visit to a foreign land amidst sniper file and utterly hostile conditions, only to find out (and rather obviously) that this was also not what happened.

Are these examples exactly the same? No - the Tillman lie, provided this story is true, would be worse. But to be shocked by this sort of thing happening, or think that one party or the other is more likely to be guilty of this sort of behavior, is naive.
                          I think the best example of this was used by a Texas Democrat who took over the presidency of John F. Kennedy and a little event that became known as "The Gulf of Tonkin Incident"

Hillary being guilty of it is hysterical........can you imagine her ducking for cover? A horse would have a better chance of ducking for cover than that horse of a woman, who knows maybe her teeth are bullet proof.

Global, I did read the article, but you have to understand the tone I took was for a reason............In most of your posts, you slam the military and blame everything on Bush....and the way you titled this, and why you even posted this is still a question i was curious about. I just felt at first that you posted this to get a rise out of all of us personally, but i really was curious why you decided to post this, especially with the title that you chose...

Military reports, go through channels, etc etc etc....things take time, probably lots of times locations are given out right away due to the security and well being of other troops, and other security measures are taken to make sure those other individuals are safe before everything can come out.
                          I feel for Tillman's family and brother and his wife and kids, I honestly do, but its the way you worded it made me jump to conclusions, my fault if i did, especially since reading the sandbox threads there haven't been any topics that i have really seen dealing with Pat Tillman. I suggest you really watch the 60 minutes report on this topic it will give you a clearer mind into this friendly fire incident.

Put yourself in the shoes of the veterans/soldiers who belong to TG and to the family members of those who have lost someone before just ripping apart people and putting the blame on the Bush administration.......and fox news.

At least Fox news had the common courtesy along with the Daily News, and the NY Post to write articles about MOH Recipient LT. Michael Murphy. The NY Times didn't even mention it in their newspaper, not even on the front page, MSNBC and CNN didn't give it that much coverage either.......I just want to point that out to you....but I really want to understand why you posted this article, and then really didn't say much after many of us replied.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Attention You People:
                            I RTFA and then wondered why the hell you would post such a thing. Again, what is your point? Do you have an opinion? Is there a reason for posting such drivel?
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                              I RTFA and then wondered why the hell you would post such a thing. Again, what is your point? Do you have an opinion? Is there a reason for posting such drivel?
                              maybe he wants attention?
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...