Dude robs my house gets a slap on the rist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude robs my house gets a slap on the rist

So Several months ago a "friend" of mine broke into my house. He stole 2 357 magnum revolvers, 1 38. revolver, 3030 deer rifle and a 12 guage shotgun. He also took my computer, 2 bass guitars, 1 guitar, two amps and 300 in cash. HE pled guilty even admitting to where he sold the guns and for how much (he sold my 400$ 357 taurus for 50$ and a half once of pot)
    But according to the prosecutor he may only get 18 months! Each one of those weapons charges is a five year fellony. Not only that but he has an extensive criminal record (he was in jail for 6 months for selling cocaine) Now i dont know about you but it seems that this punishment does not fit the crime.

So if you have a comment or a story of *******s getting away with crimes post it here.
    "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
    -John Adams
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -Charles Beard

Re: Dude robs my house gets a slap on the rist

You've heard the old adage before, I'm sure..."Choose your friends wisely." A hard lesson to learn. Sorry that happened to you. That would indeed be frustrating.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Don't hate the playa hate the game! Sounds to me like you need to look at what part you played in this instead of being so worried about a friend.

Comment

Hopefully they recovered the weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by chris934 View Post
          (he sold my 400$ 357 taurus for 50$ and a half once of pot)
          It sounds like you think he got ripped off in this deal...but it could've been some dank weed.

On the serious side:

Did you get money back, or any reparations for this?

I totally agree though, this guy needs to get a much harsher treatment.

Comment

Damn, some friend.

Community, not corporation!

TG-Irr BetterDeadThanRe(D)

Xfire-BetterDeadThanRed1

Irregs PR CO

Comment

i take it you don't live with your parents.......did you testify against him?

guess he has a good lawyer......

I sense lots of anger in you chris.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Just think about his punishment when his new roomate gets "aquainted" with him.....:madsmile:.
                "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

18 months is a long time to be in jail.
                  A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

No 18 months in prison is not that long when you consider he could have faced 22 years in total for this. He stole registered handguns and sold to drug dealers in detroit he should be in jail for a long time. I mean someone could have been killed.

And hell yes im angry. The system fails to provide justice again.

No i dont care about him and frankly im suprised hes still alive considering the only reason he wasnt in jail longer for a previous cocaine charge is because he ratted on a bunch of people. He is scum and is getting off way to easy.
                    "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
                    -John Adams
                    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
                    -Charles Beard

Comment

If it were me I'd go Vigilante on him and handle it myself. I'd get all my belongings and/or money back, and then put him away somewhere myself... w/o even involving the police except at last resort.

Assuming the law is involved, I'd make them send him somewhere of my choosing (like a specific work camp, volunteer, or rehab program). Jail is a free ride compared to most "logical" forms of punishment. And I'd prefer not wasting taxpayer money on scum.

Of course, in my twisted logic... all criminals with life sentences would be mechanically/electronically/biochemically forced into controlled servitude, and/or aggressively re-programmed at the sub-conscious level and reintegrated into society. But, that's just me.

Comment

Why weren't your firearms properly locked up in the first place?
                        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                          Why weren't your firearms properly locked up in the first place?
                          Yeah dude has his belongings stolen, by a person he called a friend and your gonna rag on him.

Grow up Skud
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Are the sentencing documents available in electronic form? Perhaps you could post the judge's explanation of how he came up with the sentence. Even better if your jurisdiction makes them available online, as you just have to post a link.
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

What a jerk
                              I hope something in jail happens that scars him...... >:]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X