Clear All

• Anyone else seen this?

JFK Reloaded

....not sure what to think..... :/

Re: Anyone else seen this?

The market will take care of this...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I can't even rant about this. It's just f***ing sick.

Comment

Whats sick about it?

Comment

Enjoying killing a real person over and over and over again and trying to make it just like it really happened and then analysing it in detail. That's whats sick about it. Its one thing to kill pretend people but when you make it a real event it becomes totally perverted.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
            Enjoying killing a real person over and over and over again and trying to make it just like it really happened and then analysing it in detail. That's whats sick about it. Its one thing to kill pretend people but when you make it a real event it becomes totally perverted.
            Hasnt JFK been dead for awhile? So how exactly are you "killing a real person over and over and over again"? You're killing a computer generated version of him over and over again, but then again all of these models in the games are based off of somebody, they dont just make up what somebody looks like off the top of their head. So in essence, you are killing somebody... well a computer generated model of that person.

Besides, dow do you think the FBI (or the CIA or who ever was investigating it) get all this data to begin with? They did simulations (kind of like this one), using a computer generated JFK and they killed him over and over and over again to gather data in detail.

Its a computer "game" used to gather data on something thats still being debated about to this day.

Who knows, maybe something good will come out of it.

Comment

yeah i think it is a bit of a touchy area still though.. while i agree with you in the most part, its like a game on how to fly a plane into the twin towers with extera points on how many people you can kill. its in bad taste is all.

but really i think its going to be interesting if anyone can win the 100000 because to recreate the shoot exactly there would have to be another shooter.... lol maybe that is a big joke.... i dont know.

im going to play it though.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Yea...I find it an interesting concept, though maybe in a touch of bad taste. However, reading the website through, I didn't find any "kill jfk" or "always wanted to be a presidential assasin?" type of taunting over the issue. I couldn't find any access , (without paying for the game) as to how many are participating in the contest, or even how many people have d/l it...but I'd be curious. Interesting note,(and not at you Dudeman,) but it is by a British outfit....I wonder if there would be any stir if it was an American company ?

Comment

well im not sure it would even get passed a planning stage in the united states, but this game has caused quite a stir over here, i first heard of the game in mondays paper, and it was not being given the best of reviews.

the story at the beeb

as you can see the Scotish developers while making this game for very bad tasted reasons, have got a hell of alot of publicity because of it.

and how much money will they make... my estimate is a **** load, no publicity is bad publicity....

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

The way the web site is set up, it looks like they're not touting it as a game, but rather something to generate new data on something thats still being debated. There was nothing on the web site - that I read of - of you killing JFK or assassinating anybody. Its just to gather new data, and if something breaks, or you discover something no body else has, then you win money.

Like the game makers said, this subject has been covered in countless books, movies, and documentaries, why not in "game" format? Like I said before, maybe something good will come out it.

Comment

yeah like the fact there was a second shooter.. and how its impossible to recreate this killing

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X