News IQ quiz:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News IQ quiz:

This should be an easy ace for TGers..it was for me ;)

http://pewresearch.org/newsiq/
    New to TG?

Re: News IQ quiz:

12/12

97 Percentile

Male, 18 years old, High School Graduate.
    Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
      12/12

97 Percentile

Male, 18 years old, High School Graduate.
      Same here, but add a decade and a half to the age...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Missed two. Kosovo and the total deaths in Iraq. I combined Iraq and Afghanistan.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
          ...the total deaths in Iraq. I combined Iraq and Afghanistan.
          Really? The choices it gave me were 1k, 2k, 3k, or 4k...
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Really? The choices it gave me were 1k, 2k, 3k, or 4k...
            I picked 5k. Hmmm. I thought I picked 5k.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I got 12/12, 97%, which is a crock seeing as you cant get 97% by answering 100% correctly. Flawed, I say!
              Male, Age 26, College graduate.

Comment

I missed 2. just proves I haven't been watching the news lately.... # of soldiers killed... last I heard it was 3k. also, I accidentally hit greenspan.... kneejerk reaction. I knew it was wrong as I clicked, just couldn't stop myself in time.

I scored better than every other average demographic by more than 2.... which is weird to me that even the average college grad only got 7.8 out of 12. I don't consider myself in the know on current events.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Here's Your Score: You correctly answered 12 of the 12 possible questions along with approximately 3% of the public. You did better than 97% of the general public.
                  What's scary is how little the common American knows. We really are a generally *stupid* people.
                  Jon Biloh - Pub Game Servers
                  Home of the QUALITY $1 / Slot Server
                  pubgameservers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    I got 12/12, 97%, which is a crock seeing as you cant get 97% by answering 100% correctly. Flawed, I say!
                    That's sarcasm, right? You do know the difference between a percentage and a percentile?
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

A perfect 800 on the quantitative section of the GRE only scores you around the 92nd percentile. :\

Comment

Of course I know the difference, and being in the 97th percentile is great. I would like to know where their statistics came from though, because it's certainly not derived from that test. If they stated it somewhere on the page, I apologize, but I wasnt looking for it at the time, more of a retrospective thing.

Comment

I'd think that for most of our sandbox regulars, a 90+ is the norm on this quiz, which is a good thing. Paying attention is just about the best thing you can do in this life - as a citizen, an individual, and especially a parent.

It's dissapointing that the 50% average is so true - in fact 50% seems a bit high. The vast majority of the population is simply not paying attention to many of the things that matter most. Unfortunately this has some effect on the representative government.

It's almost angering that one of the most missed questions on this quiz was "Since the start of military action in Iraq, about how many U.S. military personnel have been killed?" Only 34% of male respondents got that right, and only 23% of females. I wonder how many of the roughly 70% who got that wrong would claim that they 'support the troops.'

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                            It's almost angering that one of the most missed questions on this quiz was "Since the start of military action in Iraq, about how many U.S. military personnel have been killed?" Only 34% of male respondents got that right, and only 23% of females. I wonder how many of the roughly 70% who got that wrong would claim that they 'support the troops.'
                            ...or how much do the "get out now" democrats really know about the war considering less than 1 in 5 dems can name Harry Reid as the Senate Majority leader?
                            New to TG?

Comment

A population that's ignorant of national and world political affairs is not so bad, even in a democracy. Random votes generally cancel each other out. So long as some people, and people with power, know what's going on, the country will generally be ok. Worse, I think, is that a fairly recent study showed that half of American cannot read well enough identify a single piece of information from a short article, and cannot even make low level inferences from what they read. About a fifth of America is functionally illiterate. The average parents of small children read at a 7th or 8th grade level, and but the majority of pediatric materials is written at the 10th or above.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X