Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

    Unbelievable... and here I thought only America made stupid laws and rules, used no common sense, and was ran by idiots...

    UNITED KINGDOM – Police dog handlers have been told to consider whether criminals could be frightened of dogs before using them in raids or searches.

    They should also think carefully about the possibility of suspects being allergic to dog hair, according to draft guidelines drawn up by senior officers.

    The proposals follow fears that suspects with medical conditions affected by dogs could sue forces which authorise the animals’ use during arrests or raids.

    Serving officers, however, have ridiculed the plans, claiming they would make police a laughing stock.

    ‘The whole point of police dogs is to frighten people rigid, at least those who have just committed a crime and would otherwise make a clean getaway,’ a sergeant told the magazine Police Review.

    ‘They should have considered the mental trauma and possible allergic reaction of 60 lbs of foaming Alsatian clamping its teeth to their extremities before embarking on their latest criminal escapade.

    ‘The traditional shout of “stand still or I will set the dog on you” will presumably now have to become “excuse me, my police dog is quite hairy and might cause alarm as he sinks his fangs into your right thigh – is that all right with you?” ‘

    Peter Vaughan, the Association of Chief Police Officers’ adviser on dogs, explained the principle behind the proposals.
    lol... unbelievable... (posted by policelink.com)
    Magnum |TG-18th|


    We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.


  • #2
    Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

    I have to agree with you magnum. We have a similar situation in hospitals, not with dogs of course. Theres some idiot activist group who are campaigning to get laws passed where we have to discuss whether its ok to strip a patient down or expose any of their "private parts" in the emergency room, regardless of the situation. The big addendum to that is for women having male nurses/physicians work on them because they may have had bad experiences with men in the past and having male doctors could be traumatic.

    So basically, some lady comes into the ER bleeding to death from multiple gunshot wounds, and we'd have to ask her if its ok if a.) we remove their clothes to treat the wounds, b.) that its ok that her "private parts" might be exposed and c.) that its ok that she has male physicians.

    Wouldnt want to get sued!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

      ahhhhhhh the nanny state, how am i not surprised.......just read this article.
      http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1416831.ece

      I think the nanny state could very well be on the same wimpy playing field as a certain neighboring country who liked waving white pieces of cloth during WW2.
      Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 07-22-2008, 10:38 AM.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

      sigpic




      Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

        Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
        ahhhhhhh the nanny state...
        Gives an entire new meaning to "Nanny 911."
        | | |

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

          Wow. I guess we're not the only country with political correctness run amok. That's insane. They're worried about dog hair allergies and frightening the criminals? I also remember when the UK banned handguns (EVEN FOR BOBBIES)! What happened? Cop killings went through the roof. They let the cops have their guns back, I believe. I could just imagine how intimidating a billy club is at 30 yards. Ooooooooooh, you got me shaking in my boots.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

            This is part of the UK's tendency to lick the soles of the radical- and politial-moslem's feet. They don't like dogs because dogs are considered "unclean." It's just a follow-up to the fabricated "outrage" because of a 999 advertisement that showed a puppy wearing a chequer-banded officer's cap sitting next to a telephone.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

              Our Prime Minister is not even elected..

              Don't believe the hype, the UK is not what we are told it is. And why?

              Well, alot of people believe the hype.

              As for political correctness.. don't get me started.. but let's say I would rather not live here.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

                Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                We have a similar situation in hospitals, not with dogs of course. Theres some idiot activist group who are campaigning to get laws passed where we have to discuss whether its ok to strip a patient down or expose any of their "private parts" in the emergency room, regardless of the situation. The big addendum to that is for women having male nurses/physicians work on them because they may have had bad experiences with men in the past and having male doctors could be traumatic.
                DUMB DUMB DUMB

                This world is going to hell...
                |TG-X|Turkish

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

                  Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  I have to agree with you magnum. We have a similar situation in hospitals, not with dogs of course. Theres some idiot activist group who are campaigning to get laws passed where we have to discuss whether its ok to strip a patient down or expose any of their "private parts" in the emergency room, regardless of the situation. The big addendum to that is for women having male nurses/physicians work on them because they may have had bad experiences with men in the past and having male doctors could be traumatic.

                  So basically, some lady comes into the ER bleeding to death from multiple gunshot wounds, and we'd have to ask her if its ok if a.) we remove their clothes to treat the wounds, b.) that its ok that her "private parts" might be exposed and c.) that its ok that she has male physicians.

                  Wouldnt want to get sued!
                  Blame the Paramedics and EMT's who try and cop feels on female patients....that's how it starts, ha....am i right turkish?
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                  sigpic




                  Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

                    Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                    Blame the Paramedics and EMT's who try and cop feels on female patients....that's how it starts, ha....am i right turkish?
                    You'd best not be serious.
                    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

                      No, he really is. Something like 4% of medical professionals commit sexually criminal acts during their career. There are even those who get in the business JUST to be able to do that. It's sick and makes the rest of us look bad.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

                        It's not just the human doctors either! When I worked as a vet assistant years ago, anesthetized animals would routinely dance before they were operated on. There's little else quite like walking into the OR and seeing your boss dance an unconscious cat around the room.

                        Oh, the stories I could tell.
                        [squadl]
                        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

                          Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          No, he really is. Something like 4% of medical professionals commit sexually criminal acts during their career. There are even those who get in the business JUST to be able to do that. It's sick and makes the rest of us look bad.
                          I'd like some more information on that statistic. Which is it: 4% of medical professionals will commit criminal sexual acts during their career, or on duty while at work/using their career as the means of doing so? What, in the case of this stat, is defined as a criminal sexual act? And, finally, the source please.

                          Now, personally, that's absolutely disgusting.
                          I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

                            Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            I have to agree with you magnum. We have a similar situation in hospitals, not with dogs of course. Theres some idiot activist group who are campaigning to get laws passed where we have to discuss whether its ok to strip a patient down or expose any of their "private parts" in the emergency room, regardless of the situation. The big addendum to that is for women having male nurses/physicians work on them because they may have had bad experiences with men in the past and having male doctors could be traumatic.

                            So basically, some lady comes into the ER bleeding to death from multiple gunshot wounds, and we'd have to ask her if its ok if a.) we remove their clothes to treat the wounds, b.) that its ok that her "private parts" might be exposed and c.) that its ok that she has male physicians.

                            Wouldnt want to get sued!
                            Ferris,

                            If the patient is unconscious or suffering from altered mental status would you be covered with implied consent?
                            Retired 6th DB

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Are they serious? (K9 use in the UK)

                              Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                              If the patient is unconscious or suffering from altered mental status would you be covered with implied consent?
                              I would certainly assume so, given that almost anything else barring DNR papers cover someone under implied consent. Once they are capable of consent, however, attempts to inform them must be made. It says so in the forms I throw in the nurses' charts every morning. :p
                              I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X