Why do you people post?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you people post?

Wow so i have been getting alot of heat for some of my posts and i have to say Im surprised.

The most common argument used to dispute me is: "Your only 19 you dont know what you are talking about"

Listen intelligence has nothing to do with age. There are just as many stupid 30 or 40 year olds as there are stupid 19 year olds.

I want to know why people keep making threads and then freak out when someone disagrees?

I seriously think that you guys need to remember that we are all supposed to be mature gamers and are supposed to respect each other. Its easy to tell when you have won a debate cause people resort to personal attacks.

First it was the cops page then it was the UN page. If you dont want to hear opinions that may differ from yours then dont start threads.
    "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
    -John Adams
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -Charles Beard

Re: Why do you people post?

Originally posted by chris934 View Post
    Listen intelligence has nothing to do with age. There are just as many stupid 30 or 40 year olds as there are stupid 19 year olds.
    How many stupid 19-year-olds do you think turn into non-stupid 30-year-olds?
    How many non-stupid 19-year-olds do you think turn into stupid 30-year-olds?
    What does that tell you about the prevalence of stupidity in 19-year-olds versus 30-year-olds?

I understand your sentiment but I think your statement is wrong.

Comment

I think you're both confusing stupidity with lack of wisdom.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Take it like a man!

Comment

Chris, as I wrote to you in a PM, you have to also look at a person's replies/comments from a different angle, don't automatically make it seem that they are attacking you...come back with facts and opinions rather than say "you are confusing what i said." Explain to us what we said and what you meant to say.

If you don't take the time, and don't present your ideas for these debates then, you are going to get responses that you may or may not like, and you are going to become more frustrated and overreact.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Because, even after detailed explainations, you still continued to be hard headed about it. Which is what I did, and most others do at age 19... at age 19 you have all the answers, but none of the real world life experiences to back up your ideas... again, I was the same way at 19, and my father and older co-workers told me the same thing... one day... one day life experence will change your views... but your 19, you don't believe that.... nether did I.

Enjoy knowing everything while you can, revisit this post in 10 years. ;)
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
              Because, even after detailed explainations, you still continued to be hard headed about it. Which is what I did, and most others do at age 19... at age 19 you have all the answers, but none of the real world life experiences to back up your ideas... again, I was the same way at 19, and my father and older co-workers told me the same thing... one day... one day life experence will change your views... but your 19, you don't believe that.... nether did I.

Enjoy knowing everything while you can, revisit this post in 10 years. ;)
              and/or get married and you will find out that no matter what you will and are wrong!
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                Take it like a man!
                That's what she said!!!
                Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

It's also a matter of respect or should I say a lack of respect when someone disagrees with your opinions. You turn it into a personal attack against you and you begin to insult other peoples intelligence. Using terms like "ignorant, stupid and you should read some books". You are dealing with some of the most intelligent people I personally have ever had conversations with and I have been proven wrong more times than I can count by them but it takes a willingness to LISTEN to what someone is trying to say. I have also learned a great deal from some of the very people you insult. I have no problems admitting when I am wrong but I am also stead fast when I truly believe I am right but I always try to do it with respect until I am not shown any in return.

Edit: I think Magnum said it best when he mentioned life experience.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid View Post
                    ... I have been proven wrong more times than I can count by them but it takes a willingness to LISTEN ....
                    Its nice to know that you listen to me.
                    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                    That noob who crashed the chopper.
                    That noob who ran over the mine.
                    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
                      Its nice to know that you listen to me.
                      LOL!! :icon_lol:
                      sigpic

Comment

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then the fight you, then you win."

Don't let them get to you, Chris. Being 19 hardly invalidates your opinions or knowledge about the topics discussed here.

At least they will never hate you as much as they hate me :)

Comment

I dunno global warming, you're starting to gain acceptance -- maybe someday they will hate him more.
                          |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                          That noob who crashed the chopper.
                          That noob who ran over the mine.
                          That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                          That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

I post to get chicks. Chicks dig posts.
                            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                              Chicks dig posts.
                              OH! Double entendre spotted!

Anyways, I know what you mean, chris.
                              But see, I'm bad in a different way.
                              I don't let others finish their argument back before I cut in!

But respect for one's opinions must be earned.
                              Even people who are older have to earn it. They just take less time. :D
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X