A bit of bragging.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of bragging.

I just found this out. Or at least I don't remember this happening.

My name is in a book! Handbook of Applied Cognition

And it only costs $222

Here is the chapter my name appears in.

It brought back memories. I learned much. Reading the chapter I rembered discussing some of the topics.

It is also a bit sad. I really wish I could have gone on to graduate school. Oh well, life is still good.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: A bit of bragging.

my name is in the credits of over 80 TV series, and my middle name is the most famous BMX'er of all time.

Mat Hoffman FTW!!!!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
      my name is in the credits of over 80 TV series, and my middle name is the most famous BMX'er of all time.

Mat Hoffman FTW!!!!
      Your name? Or a different name that's spelled and pronounced just like yours?

Comment

Mines a basketball player that is 6' 1" and black.

I suck at basketball and i'm 5' 6" and white.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I have a buddy that is an author. His computer that had all of his manuscripts and artwork crashed. I was able to recover everything and he credited me in the book as "saving the book". It was a small self published title but it was really nice of him to do that.
          Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
            Your name? Or a different name that's spelled and pronounced just like yours?
            *Edit Ooops. Not enough coffee and didn't read close enough.

It is actually my name. I did work on the book. I am one of the "thank you" people. It wasn't published until after I had graduated.

Did a little research and lots of library work. Also created a FoxPro database of the papers and typed in the abstracts. I also did some of the paperwork needed by the publisher.

It is a very minor thing but still neato-spageto.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

It is my name... I had it first...

seriously though - that's cool Gringo.

I think he was talking to me b/c I was messing around and trying to top you. I happen to have the same name as Mat Hoffman, and there is a tech guy on like every sitcom named Stephen Hoffman, so I see my name a lot on TV.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X