Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

    I thought I would share this essay I wrote for English Class. It should inspire some thought.
    You dont have to agree with me but just read it.


    One started the worlds largest western religion, and another inspires memories of hatred and fear. While on the surface these two people seem completely different, Adolf Hitler and Jesus Christ were experts in the same field. They both used fear, superstition, and compassion to gain support. Now i know that last word has you scratching your head, but is compassion for a limited group (whether that be Aryans, or followers of "god") any compassion at all? For their mutual belief in good and salvation for a limited group they have bound themselves together for all of history.

    Fear. The word means many things to many people, but overall I would say fear comes from feeling powerless. You can feel powerless to control your life, powerless to control the weather, powerless to control your fate. All of these things inspire fear. We run from any sign of bad weather or give up trying in school for fear of being inadequate. Fear is a universal trait of humans and one our fellows can easily use to gain control. When Adolf Hitler rose to power the people of Germany were consumed with fear. They had just lost WW1 a generation before and were having trouble getting back on their feet. They had real reason to believe that their nation and indeed their people would never be the same. Hitler used this fear to his advantage. He made the people of Germany believe he was the only one who could protect them from what they feared. A similar feeling of fear gripped the people of Israel 2000 years ago. They had been controlled by the Romans for some time and had suffered persecution at the hand of the (pagan) Roman rulers and their soldiers. For a man hoping to gain power, Jesus could not have picked a better place to start. The way he used fear was twofold, he spoke of unimaginable horrors for those who did not follow his way, and used fear of the authorities to raise his own image up as a savior of the people. Both of these men used fear in the same key way; they managed to get people to join them for fear of what would happen if they didn't.

    Superstition is often a matter of opinion. One mans superstition is another mans religion. Superstition has always been a means for control. Superstitions about blacks and Chinese gave excuses for their mistreatment, while superstitions about Jews gave the Catholic church almost unlimited power during the inquisition. While we all know that Hitler used old superstitions to incite hatred for German Jews, few people realize how much mythology played a role in Hitlers Germany. One of the central themes of his book *Mein Kampf* was how the German people had a god given right to be the best. And this argument can be very persuasive to a people collectively down on their luck. Jesus took a slightly different approach. The Jewish people believed that some day at their darkest hour the Son of God would come and bring them salvation. Jesus simply made himself the Son of God in the minds of many people. While not all the Jews were convinced, many thought the time was right for a savior (as people often do) and in this way Jesus almost arbitrarily claimed the title of savior. While the particular superstitions they exploited were different Hitler and Jesus used long held beliefs and superstitions to make themselves into "saviors" of their respective peoples. While the superstitions of one still remain taboo, the others have sprouted into gospel truth for millions. Maybe the only real difference is only one of them won.

    Compassion. A trait that most people would like to claim, but no one will give unconditionally. Even the most "compassionate" Christian will tell you that if you do not accept God and Jesus into your life that you will exist forever in agony, only because you didn't joint their club. Now tell me, where is the real compassion? Hitler would promise the best for Aryan babies and then order the death of hundreds of thousands of Jewish children. It is no different then the limited compassion that Christians feel towards their fellow man but no one seems to care. It is all a matter of perspective. Jesus promised love and acceptance but for a limited few. these Christian ideas of "compassion" have led to some of the most horrible events in history(The inquisition, crusades, and the extermination of the Aztec's to name a few.). Hitler and Jesus both perverted compassion as a way to gain obedience from those they hoped to rule. This is the same perversion of compassion that allows people to protest abortion, and then murder womens clinic workers. What have we come to when the only way we think we can save lives is at the expense of others?

    While I have tried to shed some light on the many similarities between Hitler and Jesus, I understand that Christianity has helped some people, while Hitler probably helped considerably less. But in the end the difference is really only a matter of degree. Compassion towards a limited group whether that group is large or small is no real compassion. Fear, however it is used, is still manipulation no matter the target or the circumstances. And superstition has always been a way for the mentally gifted to control the ignorant masses. these two people will forever be remembered by history for their achievements and misfortunes.

    PS: Im not endorsing Hitler it was a comparison and contrast essay.
    "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
    -John Adams
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -Charles Beard

  • #2
    Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

    Read it, completely disagree.

    Your understanding of who Jesus Christ was, as well as his story, is completely wrong. Let me debunk each of your three mentions very simply:
    1.)Jesus didnt speak of unimaginable horrors. It is told that he spread messages of peace and brotherhood. The "unimaginable horrors" were told by others. Also, he didnt use fear of authorities to gain a place of worship amongst the people. Honestly, how many people do you think are going to say "Hey, you Roman guys, mind crucifying me and stabbing me so that people can worship me?"

    2.)Jesus did not make himself the savior, nor did he outright claim to be the son of God. He was told he was the son of God and was not worshipped as the christian savior until after the resurrection.

    3.)Zealots of the various Christian sects were the ones who perverted the use of compassion to the select few who chose to follow their ideals. This was not the work of Jesus. Basic reading will show that Jesus had compassion for all people, regardless of faith. A christian scholar would tell you that the appropriate message of the christian faith is that all are accepted and loved in the eyes of God, regardless of religion, however, only those that accept Jesus as savior and ask to be forgiven will receive absolution in the afterlife.

    So your premise is off kilter from the start. My recommendation would be to go pick yourself up a Bible and read it cover to cover. Then perhaps go speak with someone knowledgeable in religious studies for insight and clarification.

    I dont want to be insulting, but as a former history teacher, this would have received poor marks as it is obviously guesswork, with no real studious backing other than what you "think" you know about the Bible, Christianity and Jesus.

    By the way, I am neither a religious scholar nor a christian. I'm completely agnostic, but I do find all of the world religions fascinating, and as a result, have read the Bible, Qu'ran, Hindu, Buddhist and Taoist religious texts (abbreviated to cultural names because the text names are quite long on some of them).

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

      Originally posted by chris934 View Post
      I thought I would share this essay I wrote for English Class. It should inspire some thought.
      You dont have to agree with me but just read it.


      One started the worlds largest western religion, and another inspires memories of hatred and fear. While on the surface these two people seem completely different, Adolf Hitler and Jesus Christ were experts in the same field. They both used fear, superstition, and compassion to gain support. Now i know that last word has you scratching your head, but is compassion for a limited group (whether that be Aryans, or followers of "god") any compassion at all? For their mutual belief in good and salvation for a limited group they have bound themselves together for all of history.

      Fear. The word means many things to many people, but overall I would say fear comes from feeling powerless. You can feel powerless to control your life, powerless to control the weather, powerless to control your fate. All of these things inspire fear. We run from any sign of bad weather or give up trying in school for fear of being inadequate. Fear is a universal trait of humans and one our fellows can easily use to gain control. When Adolf Hitler rose to power the people of Germany were consumed with fear. They had just lost WW1 a generation before and were having trouble getting back on their feet. They had real reason to believe that their nation and indeed their people would never be the same. Hitler used this fear to his advantage. He made the people of Germany believe he was the only one who could protect them from what they feared. A similar feeling of fear gripped the people of Israel 2000 years ago. They had been controlled by the Romans for some time and had suffered persecution at the hand of the (pagan) Roman rulers and their soldiers. For a man hoping to gain power, Jesus could not have picked a better place to start. The way he used fear was twofold, he spoke of unimaginable horrors for those who did not follow his way, and used fear of the authorities to raise his own image up as a savior of the people. Both of these men used fear in the same key way; they managed to get people to join them for fear of what would happen if they didn't.

      Superstition is often a matter of opinion. One mans superstition is another mans religion. Superstition has always been a means for control. Superstitions about blacks and Chinese gave excuses for their mistreatment, while superstitions about Jews gave the Catholic church almost unlimited power during the inquisition. While we all know that Hitler used old superstitions to incite hatred for German Jews, few people realize how much mythology played a role in Hitlers Germany. One of the central themes of his book *Mein Kampf* was how the German people had a god given right to be the best. And this argument can be very persuasive to a people collectively down on their luck. Jesus took a slightly different approach. The Jewish people believed that some day at their darkest hour the Son of God would come and bring them salvation. Jesus simply made himself the Son of God in the minds of many people. While not all the Jews were convinced, many thought the time was right for a savior (as people often do) and in this way Jesus almost arbitrarily claimed the title of savior. While the particular superstitions they exploited were different Hitler and Jesus used long held beliefs and superstitions to make themselves into "saviors" of their respective peoples. While the superstitions of one still remain taboo, the others have sprouted into gospel truth for millions. Maybe the only real difference is only one of them won.

      Compassion. A trait that most people would like to claim, but no one will give unconditionally. Even the most "compassionate" Christian will tell you that if you do not accept God and Jesus into your life that you will exist forever in agony, only because you didn't joint their club. Now tell me, where is the real compassion? Hitler would promise the best for Aryan babies and then order the death of hundreds of thousands of Jewish children. It is no different then the limited compassion that Christians feel towards their fellow man but no one seems to care. It is all a matter of perspective. Jesus promised love and acceptance but for a limited few. these Christian ideas of "compassion" have led to some of the most horrible events in history(The inquisition, crusades, and the extermination of the Aztec's to name a few.). Hitler and Jesus both perverted compassion as a way to gain obedience from those they hoped to rule. This is the same perversion of compassion that allows people to protest abortion, and then murder womens clinic workers. What have we come to when the only way we think we can save lives is at the expense of others?

      While I have tried to shed some light on the many similarities between Hitler and Jesus, I understand that Christianity has helped some people, while Hitler probably helped considerably less. But in the end the difference is really only a matter of degree. Compassion towards a limited group whether that group is large or small is no real compassion. Fear, however it is used, is still manipulation no matter the target or the circumstances. And superstition has always been a way for the mentally gifted to control the ignorant masses. these two people will forever be remembered by history for their achievements and misfortunes.

      PS: Im not endorsing Hitler it was a comparison and contrast essay.
      read it, completely disagree. Considering Jesus was a Pacifist and Hitler killed 5-6+/- million Jews and killed basically every Person of Jewish Faith in German controlled Poland, along with those who were handicapped and gypsies.

      Chris how much free time do you have on your hands? Why do you have a fascination with Hitler.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

      sigpic




      Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

        and he wonders why people dont show him respect in the forums.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

          Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
          read it, completely disagree. Considering Jesus was a Pacifist and Hitler killed 5-6+/- million Jews and killed basically every Person of Jewish Faith in German controlled Poland, along with those who were handicapped and gypsies.

          Chris how much free time do you have on your hands? Why do you have a fascination with Hitler.
          It has nothing to do with free time i already said it was a paper for my english class. in fact its the FIRST LINE of my post.

          I wasnt talking about hitlers or jesus's deeds i was talking about the similarities in how they came to power (or prominance in the case of jesus)

          And why do i have a fascination with hitler? Well because hes an inherently interesting man. Not a good man but certainly interesting.
          "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
          -John Adams
          "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
          -Charles Beard

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

            Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Read it, completely disagree.

            Your understanding of who Jesus Christ was, as well as his story, is completely wrong. Let me debunk each of your three mentions very simply:
            1.)Jesus didnt speak of unimaginable horrors. It is told that he spread messages of peace and brotherhood. The "unimaginable horrors" were told by others. Also, he didnt use fear of authorities to gain a place of worship amongst the people. Honestly, how many people do you think are going to say "Hey, you Roman guys, mind crucifying me and stabbing me so that people can worship me?"

            2.)Jesus did not make himself the savior, nor did he outright claim to be the son of God. He was told he was the son of God and was not worshipped as the christian savior until after the resurrection.

            3.)Zealots of the various Christian sects were the ones who perverted the use of compassion to the select few who chose to follow their ideals. This was not the work of Jesus. Basic reading will show that Jesus had compassion for all people, regardless of faith. A christian scholar would tell you that the appropriate message of the christian faith is that all are accepted and loved in the eyes of God, regardless of religion, however, only those that accept Jesus as savior and ask to be forgiven will receive absolution in the afterlife.

            So your premise is off kilter from the start. My recommendation would be to go pick yourself up a Bible and read it cover to cover. Then perhaps go speak with someone knowledgeable in religious studies for insight and clarification.

            I dont want to be insulting, but as a former history teacher, this would have received poor marks as it is obviously guesswork, with no real studious backing other than what you "think" you know about the Bible, Christianity and Jesus.

            By the way, I am neither a religious scholar nor a christian. I'm completely agnostic, but I do find all of the world religions fascinating, and as a result, have read the Bible, Qu'ran, Hindu, Buddhist and Taoist religious texts (abbreviated to cultural names because the text names are quite long on some of them).
            You dont have to agree its all good. But you did say that jesus only promised absolution to those who agree with him and thats all i said.
            "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
            -John Adams
            "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
            -Charles Beard

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

              Originally posted by Trooper View Post
              and he wonders why people dont show him respect in the forums.
              No he doesnt
              "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
              -John Adams
              "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
              -Charles Beard

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

                I dunno, one is a historical figure the others a fictional character, they don't have that much in common as far as I'm concerned.
                |TG|Switch

                Better known as:
                That noob who crashed the chopper.
                That noob who ran over the mine.
                That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

                  Originally posted by chris934 View Post
                  It has nothing to do with free time i already said it was a paper for my english class. in fact its the FIRST LINE of my post.

                  I wasnt talking about hitlers or jesus's deeds i was talking about the similarities in how they came to power (or prominance in the case of jesus)

                  And why do i have a fascination with hitler? Well because hes an inherently interesting man. Not a good man but certainly interesting.
                  ok so Jesus started a religion..........and Hitler rose to power through fear, and implementing fear into people while through fear saying how people who are not of the aryan race are not humans (ironically he wasn't up to the standards of the aryan race)

                  Can you post references that you used?

                  I am just curious why you have talked about hitler again in a 3rd thread on the forums.......I just find it a bit odd.......and weird, and scary all at the same time (now don't get all defensive about this)

                  Maybe I am the only one who finds this odd, but it seems like you are more than interested in hitler....honestly. Yesterday you were defending how he really wasn't that bad of a person, today you are talking about how he is similar to Jesus, it seems like you have a little crush on him.....

                  [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj5S1RCUDvM[/media]
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                  sigpic




                  Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

                    Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                    ok so Jesus started a religion..........and Hitler rose to power through fear, and implementing fear into people while through fear saying how people who are not of the aryan race are not humans (ironically he wasn't up to the standards of the aryan race)

                    Can you post references that you used?

                    I am just curious why you have talked about hitler again in a 3rd thread on the forums.......I just find it a bit odd.......and weird, and scary all at the same time (now don't get all defensive about this)

                    Maybe I am the only one who finds this odd, but it seems like you are more than interested in hitler....honestly. Yesterday you were defending how he really wasn't that bad of a person, today you are talking about how he is similar to Jesus, it seems like you have a little crush on him.....

                    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj5S1RCUDvM[/media]


                    Holy **** im so done being polite about this. I NEVER SAID HITLER WASNT BAD. All i said was that many people were just as bad. If you cant get this then leave me alone.

                    Plus i already explained that im a History Buff and my favorite era happens to be the 20Th century. And sense Hitler is one of the most prominate figures in the 20th century it would make sense to learn about him.

                    And i dont need any references because everything i said in this article that was a fact is true. alot of it is speculation. but the facts are undisputable. (the people of isreal were being persecuted by the romans for example.)
                    "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
                    -John Adams
                    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
                    -Charles Beard

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

                      People who say they completely disagree must be speaking hyperbole. Between any two things one can find or construct an infinite number of similarities. Consider for instance the many similarities between myself and a grain of sand from the beach:

                      we're each concrete objects;
                      we each take up space;
                      we each persist through time;
                      we're each a shade of non-blue;
                      we're each smaller than an elephant;
                      we're each smaller than a continent;
                      we're each found on the planet Earth;
                      we could have both been found at the beach last Thursday;
                      I'm abrasive in one sense of the word, it's abrasive in another;
                      we're both irregularly shaped--no simple polygons here;
                      and so on.

                      To see how there's literally an infinite number of similarities, consider that neither of us are identical to the number 1. Neither are identical to the number 2. And so on and so forth.

                      Similarities and dissimilarities are easy. There, indeed, are an infinite number of similarities between Jesus and Hitler (even if you think Jesus if fictional). But, when writing a compare and contrast essay, the point isn't to list just any similarities you can find or construct. The point is to list similarities and dissimilaritiesthat are relevant to a thesis. What is your thesis here? Something like "Hitler and Jesus used similar rhetorical techniques in amassing followers"? If that's so, then there certainly are similarities--a trivial example, they both used figurative language. But, there are also differences. A compare and contrast essay would weigh the relevant similarities against the dissimilarities as evidence for the thesis. The thesis above is fairly reasonable, but it doesn't appear to be what your essay tries to get at. Whether you think yours merely lists similarities or not, yours appears to be a polemical attack. You also make a certain kind of fallacy. It's the fallacy of concluding that some person X is bad based on a list of X's similarities to some person Y, where Y is a bad person. This line of reasoning can't generally be right, since, as we know, there are an infinite number of similarities between any two people, good or bad.
                      Last edited by sordavie; 07-23-2008, 03:25 PM. Reason: typo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

                        Originally posted by chris934 View Post
                        You dont have to agree its all good. But you did say that jesus only promised absolution to those who agree with him and thats all i said.
                        Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                        A christian scholar would tell you that the appropriate message of the christian faith is that all are accepted and loved in the eyes of God, regardless of religion, however, only those that accept Jesus as savior and ask to be forgiven will receive absolution in the afterlife.
                        Please re-read what I said. Chris, as I stated in your other thread, you really do need to spend a lot of time reading what people actually said, as opposed to what you think they said. Nowhere in my response did I say that Jesus promised absolution to anyone. I said that the a scholar of the christian faith would relate acceptance per absolution as one of the teachings of the religion, not one of the teachings of Christ.

                        Originally posted by chris934 View Post
                        And i dont need any references because everything i said in this article that was a fact is true. alot of it is speculation. but the facts are undisputable. (the people of isreal were being persecuted by the romans for example.)
                        Please, illustrate for me what is indisputable about your argument. I believe I disputed most of it in my first post, and correctly. Also, if you dont have references, you have no credibility. I could tell you the moon is made of cheese, but without references, I have no credibility. The same is true of any argument, universally. If you want your arguments on the forums to be respected, you have to play by the rules of precedence, and one of those is to provide references. You cant just make it up as you go along and expect people to take it as gospel, pardon the pun.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

                          Originally posted by chris934 View Post
                          And someone was saying something about how he didnt want to listen to a guy that thought Hitler was not that bad. So? IF you know anything about history you will see that he really wasnt.
                          the bold face is your view, which in my mind show's you view that hitler wasn't that bad of a person/tyrant/exterminator of people, and how you explained in comparison to other people/countries.

                          I was curious to see what references you used to write this comparative essay chris, could you post them so i could view them?
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                          sigpic




                          Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

                            Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            Read it, completely disagree.

                            Your understanding of who Jesus Christ was, as well as his story, is completely wrong. Let me debunk each of your three mentions very simply:
                            1.)Jesus didnt speak of unimaginable horrors. It is told that he spread messages of peace and brotherhood. The "unimaginable horrors" were told by others. Also, he didnt use fear of authorities to gain a place of worship amongst the people. Honestly, how many people do you think are going to say "Hey, you Roman guys, mind crucifying me and stabbing me so that people can worship me?"

                            2.)Jesus did not make himself the savior, nor did he outright claim to be the son of God. He was told he was the son of God and was not worshipped as the christian savior until after the resurrection.

                            3.)Zealots of the various Christian sects were the ones who perverted the use of compassion to the select few who chose to follow their ideals. This was not the work of Jesus. Basic reading will show that Jesus had compassion for all people, regardless of faith. A christian scholar would tell you that the appropriate message of the christian faith is that all are accepted and loved in the eyes of God, regardless of religion, however, only those that accept Jesus as savior and ask to be forgiven will receive absolution in the afterlife.

                            So your premise is off kilter from the start. My recommendation would be to go pick yourself up a Bible and read it cover to cover. Then perhaps go speak with someone knowledgeable in religious studies for insight and clarification.

                            I dont want to be insulting, but as a former history teacher, this would have received poor marks as it is obviously guesswork, with no real studious backing other than what you "think" you know about the Bible, Christianity and Jesus.

                            By the way, I am neither a religious scholar nor a christian. I'm completely agnostic, but I do find all of the world religions fascinating, and as a result, have read the Bible, Qu'ran, Hindu, Buddhist and Taoist religious texts (abbreviated to cultural names because the text names are quite long on some of them).
                            Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                            Please re-read what I said. Chris, as I stated in your other thread, you really do need to spend a lot of time reading what people actually said, as opposed to what you think they said. Nowhere in my response did I say that Jesus promised absolution to anyone. I said that the a scholar of the christian faith would relate acceptance per absolution as one of the teachings of the religion, not one of the teachings of Christ.


                            Please, illustrate for me what is indisputable about your argument. I believe I disputed most of it in my first post, and correctly. Also, if you dont have references, you have no credibility. I could tell you the moon is made of cheese, but without references, I have no credibility. The same is true of any argument, universally. If you want your arguments on the forums to be respected, you have to play by the rules of precedence, and one of those is to provide references. You cant just make it up as you go along and expect people to take it as gospel, pardon the pun.


                            K. well first about how you never said jesus promised absolution
                            "3.)Zealots of the various Christian sects were the ones who perverted the use of compassion to the select few who chose to follow their ideals. This was not the work of Jesus. Basic reading will show that Jesus had compassion for all people, regardless of faith. A christian scholar would tell you that the appropriate message of the christian faith is that all are accepted and loved in the eyes of God, regardless of religion, however, only those that accept Jesus as savior and ask to be forgiven will receive absolution in the afterlife."

                            You said it right there. wow.

                            And if you know so little about history that you dont know the romans controlled the Isrealites then you should not post here.

                            I already said that most of my article was speculation and any fact i gave is known by everyone.
                            "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
                            -John Adams
                            "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
                            -Charles Beard

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Jesus and Hitler Not so different after all?

                              Originally posted by delta*randyshugart* View Post
                              the bold face is your view, which in my mind show's you view that hitler wasn't that bad of a person/tyrant/exterminator of people, and how you explained in comparison to other people/countries.

                              I was curious to see what references you used to write this comparative essay chris, could you post them so i could view them?
                              taken out of context. Read the whole post before you quote me
                              "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
                              -John Adams
                              "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
                              -Charles Beard

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X