The Chinese Government Sucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chinese Government Sucks

Their false Olympic promises on human rights and air quality are unsurprising, but their social clean-up efforts ('anti-dissent') continue to be sickening. The Chinese government has their aging, desparate rural population right under their thumb. They are essentially saying "your child was killed by a poorly constructed government school, so here's $1800 to shut up about it." The people know they won't ever see justice, so they may as well take the payoff. It seems most of them are.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/24/wo...html?ref=world

Whenever things start to look bad in America, just take a look around the world. It's a nightmare out there for most human beings - comparatively, even the rural Chinese have it pretty good (they claim it hasn't been this good since Mao!). It's utterly sad.

Re: The Chinese Government Sucks

Still can NOT understand how they were given the 08 games.
    Jon Biloh - Pub Game Servers
    Home of the QUALITY $1 / Slot Server
    pubgameservers.com

Comment

Originally posted by jbiloh View Post
      Still can NOT understand how they were given the 08 games.
      The IOC voted on it, the same way they did in 1936.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1936_Summer_Olympics

Curiously, Havana was one of the candidates for 2008. That would have been interesting, given the standing US boycott of Cuba.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Didnt they partly give them the 08 games to try and show that the Chinese govt. can be more humane? Don't remember exactly what it was but that the choice was supposed to play into politics anyway.
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I had a conversation recently where someone sent me the following IMs:
          Originally posted by someone
          honestly who in the olympic committee was really really pushing for china
          YEAH THEY HAVE THE OLYMPIC SPIRIT. BE THE BEST YOU CAN. DON'T RUN WITH THE PACK, BUT MAKE SURE YOU DON'T THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
          OR QUESTION
          OR HAVE MORE THAN ONE CHILD
          AND THROW THAT GIRL BABY IN THE DUMPSTER
          ---
          Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

"Guantanamo Bay Naval Base is located on the shore of Guantánamo Bay at the southeastern end of Cuba and has been used by the United States Navy for more than a century. It is the oldest overseas U.S. Navy Base and the only one in a country with which the United States does not have diplomatic relations."
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_Bay_Naval_Base

After what goes on there, I am unsure many can wave the pointy stick of righteousness.

Comment

Originally posted by Taip3n View Post
              "Guantanamo Bay Naval Base is located on the shore of Guantánamo Bay at the southeastern end of Cuba and has been used by the United States Navy for more than a century. It is the oldest overseas U.S. Navy Base and the only one in a country with which the United States does not have diplomatic relations."
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_Bay_Naval_Base

After what goes on there, I am unsure many can wave the pointy stick of righteousness.
              Are you serious? I don't see anyone being killed there or any fingers being chopped off. Just terrorist who found out about the wonderful system of the U.S. courts. They get treated better then most Americans do in jails here in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by FatCobra View Post
                Are you serious? I don't see anyone being killed there or any fingers being chopped off. Just terrorist who found out about the wonderful system of the U.S. courts. They get treated better then most Americans do in jails here in the states.
                I'm pretty sure nobody is seeing anything because nobody is allowed too. I'm not saying that there's any finger cutting going on behind those walls...but the fact they won't tell us what IS going on leaves a lot to the imagination. Off that wiki link there's an interesting article linked at the bottom of the page regarding a Sudanese journalist who is detained. Apparently he manages to still get information out and some of what he reports (though biased for sure) is brow-raising in the least.

Reporting on Life Behind the Wire
                | | |

Comment

Hmm.. at risk of lighting the fervour of the righteous, I shall put some views across that have been discussed in documentraries, news, other media and occupations:

Indeed Atomic says it: nobody knows as nobody is allowed to. And there are interesting links in that Wiki though as said, we have to view bias.

It seems torture does exist there (though not finger chopping, that would be a tad obvious). Being killed? Well a matter to be disected but I am unsure a crime commited would be up for the worlds' courts to prosecute, as Amnesty International may like. Law is sidetracked. What do your version of the Lawlords say of it? It's also not lost that it is in Cuba. And the word 'terrorist' is often viewed from what side you are sitting on, not to mention the classic: 'tell them often enough and they will believe it' propagandist method. Indeed many fear in this new age of political agendas to say, speak, or even travel. Many also say sorry for what is happening.

It is, as they say, in the society and you can trace the ideological lineage and methodology.

You gotta fight someone, right? Or how else would Bush or The (Nation) State keep the masses? What about the Neoconservative agenda that has brewed all these decades. Or even the mere fact Bush was thought to only attain power before he even became President if he gave the public dog a bone and start a war because of his political allies' agenda and the fact he is like that. We got the same stuff here. The new enemy, and of course the merry-go-round of who started it and who is most dangerous. Or indeed, who is deviant to think beyond it; who will be put under the microscope of the public eye, or the authorities who uphold the 'security' of the innocents because they, ofcourse uphold 'truth' and the moral virtue over the deviants. I even know police that are scared to enter the US and the lord knows the fear factor of even posting this. And that is the point isn't it? The righeous mob descends on the individual. Isolates them. Destroys them. Especially if you have the authority. I mean, I am now a social pariah in respects just for posting this; I now have fear of society (and even those nice operatives checking the networks) and what they may do. I have fear of isolation, and stress and endangerment. And in the end I am a human that only wants to fit into the group because it is my nature. So, how to make an individual bend and be subserviant? How do you do this with a society? A mindset? A world? How do you destroy the individual?

Yes I am being serious.

Now I am not saying your average person would like this or can do anything about it, but it's there alright. So if it were like a game of chess, what would you do? I feel sorry for the innocents or the people that have to uphold the political aims of others with different agendas. One world, isn't it? Not one Monoculture, not one ideal.

I am not saying other Nation States are not worse but I wouldn't be so sure on looking into levels of subblatent sinisterness.

The point is to be aware, if you can, of what is happening - not say 'we are better because'.

Maybe it's a bit less obvious than shooting someone, or killing their family; that's horrific. So that makes it alright then.
                  Last edited by Taip3n; 07-25-2008, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Taip3n, I'm not even going to entertain your notion by arguing with you.

Comment

That's cool FatCobra, you are entitled to your opinion and I do not disrespect it. Hell with a picture like you have, I should say hats off to you.

The only problem with 'entertaining my notion' is, it's not my notion but a few of top class thinkers in the world, from avenues such as Academia, Media, and Politics.

So no need to 'entertain' my whimsical 'notion' at all.

However, as a general reply to the demeaning usage of your words, I can only say you seem to prove the classic points. It's a tad expected.

So morally right or wrong. Have a good day :)
                      Last edited by Taip3n; 07-25-2008, 03:53 PM. Reason: took out the word 'majority' because FatCobra was right

Comment

First off thanks for commenting on my picture, not a day goes by that I don't look at it and feel saddened by it.

I think you are exaggerating a little when you say a "Majority" of top class thinkers believe what you have just stated. A good amount of people believe in it, but I doubt its a majority or anywhere close to it. Though the media makes it look like it. (Yes I believe the media is very Bias towards the Left)

I wasn't trying to demean you personally as much as I was just being tired of arguing the same stuff over again in each topic about what goes on in there and no ones opinion really being changed, so whats the point of arguing in the first place?

What I'm trying to say really is that I'm annoyed that you say what you say and believe in it pretty strongly without any solid proof. I'd rather support my military and generals then to bash them in something that I don't even know fully about, or even half about for that matter.

Comment

I'm sorry your picture saddens you Cobra. I don't know why but you seem thoughtful so I shall respect it alot, and hope I didn't trigger anything bad in thoughts over it. Respect to you though still.

Do you know: I totally agree with what you just said.

I should never want to think I did not disrespect the guys that are actually doing the dangerous stuff. Man, I know for sure I couldn't. And I certainly don't bash them - not one jot.

For my sins, I wish I could evidence gather, what I have seen or watched over the decade (especially one succinct British documentary). But I believe we are singing from the same proverbial hymn sheet. I believe we could chew the fat on it, and both want proof but I rckon we could chew that fat in a way where we understand neither is 'the enemy'.

Yeah, you're right I believe in alot of it. Especially the journalism. Maybe I should not so much without more proof. And am sorry if this isn't the greatest way to act. We wont talk of it because as you said, it's gone round and round. But if ever I did, I think I would rather speak to you than many. At least i know within myself I would grow with your wise insights.

Infact you are so right about the exageration. Completely. So I edited it.

Thanks for your cool insights.

Comment

Originally posted by FatCobra View Post
                            Are you serious? How many people in jail or prison do you know that have had water forced into their lungs until they stop breathing, and are then revived, which is repeated over and over again? If that were happening on US soil you can be damned sure this is not the USA anymore. The fact that its happening outside of US soil on behalf of our military doesn't make it any more justifiable. The food might be better, and the medical treatment, but do you want to know why that is? So they don't fall apart before they get what they want out of them.

We're not in a position to be high and mighty when we complain about how inhumane china is.

Comment

Wow thanks a lot Taip3n, I wasn't expecting that from you. I appreciate you're insights too and it helps me better understand the world from someone else's point of view. even if I don't agree with it.

As for my picture its of a young boy who's father was killed in Iraq and is accepting the flag used in the funeral. I use it as my avatar to remind me about the wars that my country is currently in everyday, even if most people that I know are oblivious to it and the sacrifices made by the men and women in the military everyday.

Mentholated, if you want to give them hugs and kisses instead to get information out of them go ahead. I'd love to see how effective it is.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X