• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Xmas gift to myself

http://www.mwart.com/xq/ASP/pid.1204...qx/product.htm

Isnt it a thing of beauty?

Re: My Xmas gift to myself

Dude, this isn't the first one that you've shown us that you've bought. I'm pretty sure the others were from an art site as well... How well made are these? I mean, that's pretty darn cheap for a blade that large. What kind of steel are they using? Do they have full tangs? Could you actually use them the way they look like they could be used? Or would they fall apart before you could even chop down a small tree?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      How well made are these?
      They're made pretty well actually. Dont buy anything that isnt 420 high carbon steel, if you want a fully functional sword then you need to look at its hardness scale. The higher the scale, the better it is.

My best blade is this one

http://www.mantisswords.com/shinto_in_shira_saya.htm

I paid 3 for mine though at a convention. This is probably my best peice since its fully functional and hand made.

I mean, that's pretty darn cheap for a blade that large.
      Most blades arent all that expensive, it all really depends on the blade itself and the place (or person) selling it. The higher the quality of the blade, whether its a functional peice or not, and how its made will all factor in on the price. Naturally if its hand made or functional (or both) it will go for more.

What kind of steel are they using?
      You want to look for 420 Stainless high carbon steel. Never go lower then that.

Do they have full tangs?
      All mine do. A lot of the high quality ones will.

Could you actually use them the way they look like they could be used?
      It if says "fully functional" then yes, you can use them as they're real swords.

All of my swords are fully functional. I wont buy anything that isnt. Well, Until this one that is, and even then I think its fully functional.

Or would they fall apart before you could even chop down a small tree?
      I have never had a problem with any of my swords falling apart. My friend has though. He bought one of the Highlander swords from a guy at a convention and a couple of days later he went to use it (thinking it was fully functional) and it fell apart of him.. it was really funny.

A couple of Holloweens ago, I went as a fantasy character I had created named Azeal. I took one of my swords with me (a Japanese Katana) as it was part of the character. I walked around with it around my waist for the entire night, took it out, swung it around, even chopped down a tree with it (to prove it was a real sword), and it worked flawlessly. In fact its still as sharp as the day I bought it. I only paided about 90 bucks for it, so it surprised the hell out of me that it worked so great.

A lot of the fantasy swords arent fully functional swords (like the Lord of the Ring swords), some are (like my Elven Sword of the Night). They still look nice and you can swing them around, but dont go into sword fights with them.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
        They still look nice and you can swing them around, but dont go into sword fights with them.
        Well, I'd always bring a gun to a swordfight anyway, but I've always wanted a broadsword of some sort... Not very practical anymore, but they're a very romantic weapon...
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Carefull you might poke your eye out with that.
          "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

I knew somebody was going to say that lol

Comment

Originally posted by Quarath
              Carefull you might poke your eye out with that.

carving the turky is going to be fun with that thing...

in seconds you carve the bird and kill your wife... he he he

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                Well, I'd always bring a gun to a swordfight anyway, but I've always wanted a broadsword of some sort... Not very practical anymore, but they're a very romantic weapon...
                Just a plain basic broadsword? Do you care if its functional or not?

I could probably find you one if you're really interested.

Comment

Cing:

http://www.starfireswords.com/cgi-bi...s=1/op=em.html

Comment

Well, the first sword I'm going to buy will be a Marine NCO sword. After that, if I still feel the desire to have another sword, I want a very functional broadsword. Not that I can imagine ever using it (well, OK, so I've already imagined/fantasized about using one...), but just to have...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

why the fug would you want a sword?
                      From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                        why the fug would you want a sword?
                        Allow me.

You see, Overlag, Ender is a "Male Human". As such, items of supreme interest fall into three main categories:
                        • Things That Beep
                        • Things That Blink
                        • Things That Blow Stuff Up

A sword falls under the umbrella of the third item of the list. While not explosive, the destructive properties of a sword (combined with its shiny nature, an offshoot of the second item) make a sword something that a Male Human may want. However, as it does not directly fit into any of the above three categories, I can understand your intital confusion, and perhaps even some aversion to buying a sword of your own.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                          Allow me.

You see, Overlag, Ender is a "Male Human". As such, items of supreme interest fall into three main categories:
                          • Things That Beep
                          • Things That Blink
                          • Things That Blow Stuff Up

A sword falls under the umbrella of the third item of the list. While not explosive, the destructive properties of a sword (combined with its shiny nature, an offshoot of the second item) make a sword something that a Male Human may want. However, as it does not directly fit into any of the above three categories, I can understand your intital confusion, and perhaps even some aversion to buying a sword of your own.
                          i still dont understand......
                          From Adam Webb

Comment

Its easy Adam and can be summed up with 3 words.

Swords are cool

Dave;

US Marine sword w/ authentic US marine etch

US marine sword plain

US marine corps officer's saber

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                              This one looks like what I want (except for the colors, possibly...), but I have a feeling that it's very cheaply anodized for that price... I want the gold to stay gold for a loooong time...

I've been looking at these: http://marineshop.safeshopper.com/100/cat100.htm?440

and I just recently found this:
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X