Obama Blows Off Soldiers, Works Out at Ritz-Carlton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Blows Off Soldiers, Works Out at Ritz-Carlton

"NewsBusters has learned that presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Barack Obama has canceled plans to visit two U.S. military bases while in Germany, despite having all kinds of time to speak to gushing Berliners as well as getting in a workout at the Ritz Carlton."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...ill-media-care

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So he has enough time to do a workout at a hotel instead of visiting injured soldiers who he told he would visit? Definitely not a way to win votes from the military or from me for that matter.

Re: Obama Blows Off Soldiers, Works Out at Ritz-Carlton

Were you seriously considering voting for him? Honestly?
    In game handle: Steel Scion
    sigpic

Comment

I really don't see the problem here.
      I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

CHANGE!

Obama knows that the millitary vote won't count, anyway.

Comment

Anybody even slightly offended by this wouldn't have voted for him anyway. There are something like 700 military bases throughout the world. Does every politician always visit the local military base when they go to a foreign country?

I doubt it.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Totally not voting for him now....
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
              Anybody even slightly offended by this wouldn't have voted for him anyway. There are something like 700 military bases throughout the world. Does every politician always visit the local military base when they go to a foreign country?

I doubt it.
              I dunno...how often do people make campaign stops in foreign countries?
              ---
              Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

MSNBC put up a weird update to this story:

*** UPDATE *** From NBC's Jim Miklaszewski and Courtney Kube
                A U.S. military official tells NBC News they were making preparations for Sen. Barack Obama to visit wounded troops at the Landstuhl Medical Center at Ramstein, Germany on Friday, but "for some reason the visit was called off."

One military official who was working on the Obama visit said because political candidates are prohibited from using military installations as campaign backdrops, Obama's representatives were told, "he could only bring two or three of his Senate staff member, no campaign officials or workers." In addition,
                "Obama could not bring any media. Only military photographers would be permitted to record Obama's visit."

The official said "We didn't know why" the request to visit the wounded troops was withdrawn. "He (Obama) was more than welcome. We were all ready for him."
                ---
                Sources say the Dow Jones' decline is directly related to Dethklok front-man Nathan Explosion's constant deleting of potential new albums.

Comment

This should be put under the Obama thread.

The coverage of Obama's foreign campaigning has been staggering - both his supporters and his opponents simply cannot stop talking about his trip. It's a bit funny how consistently his detractors are helping his campaign.

I've been interested in some of the remarks he has made in various speeches an interviews during this trip. The speech he gave yesterday in Germany was actually one of the most comprehensive and applicable speeches I've heard any U.S. politician give in quite some time, especially overseas. Anyone questioning his 'experience' should take public speaking off the list, if they haven't already.

It's fairly easy to criticize him for being all vision and no substance, but I think you have to admit the vision is compelling. As far as the criticisms regarding his overseas campaigning (McCain has had a lot to say about this) -they are invalidated by the simple fact that in the modern age the only difference between giving a campaign speech in Berlin Germany versus anytown USA is the audience at hand. His telepresence to American citizens yesterday was actually stronger from Germany than from Springfield Ohio. Furthermore, it's incredibly important for American leadership to operate on a global scale because of the situation we find ourselves in today on almost every front - political, economic, social and others. In this day and age, any current or would-be leader who can't see the that simple fact shouldn't be in the position they are in.
                  Last edited by Mosely; 07-25-2008, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Maybe he had to go use the restroom (many times) after eating bad lobster... Do you think he should have made that public?
                    Skud

Comment

Is this what you are trying to say?

"What an elitist. He hates the military. He's a secret Muslim, and his middle name is Hussein. Worst of all is that he isn't 100% white, so I wouldn't vote for him anyways."

Comment

Originally posted by GlobalWarmin View Post
                        Is this what you are trying to say?

"What an elitist. He hates the military. He's a secret Muslim, and his middle name is Hussein. Worst of all is that he isn't 100% white, so I wouldn't vote for him anyways."
                        What the hell is wrong with you. For someone who accuses other of having hate buried inside of them, you sure have a lot of it yourself and I don't think you even realize it.

Comment

Wait, wasn't it because of it was campaign funded? Are we just assuming again?

Comment

Originally posted by FatCobra View Post
                            What the hell is wrong with you. For someone who accuses other of having hate buried inside of them, you sure have a lot of it yourself and I don't think you even realize it.
                            Do you not see what he's trying to do? He's pointing out how people are blowing things way out of proportion for such trivial events.

Comment

Global really has rainbows and pink ponies buried inside of him...not hate.
                              | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X