Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The candidates and Medical Marijuana

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7462

Just trying to see the opinions of the people here on what's in the videos (especially McCain supporters). Each video is less than 4 minutes I think, doesnt take much time to watch (and besides if your scrolling through the forums in the general discussion you got spare time anyways).

Discuss and light up the flames.
    Last edited by 206 Wolfpack; 07-25-2008, 02:49 PM.
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: The candidates and Medical Marijuana

Sandbox please.

Comment

Why is this even a presidential issue?

Also - Sandbox.
      Skud

Comment

Its a presidential issue because the federal government has been overstepping its bounds at the expense of individuals who have done nothing wrong except breaking an arbitrary federal law that in some cases does not even coincide with state law -- making federal involvement illegal in some instances.

Also its a very good litmus test for check to see which candidates bother to acknowledge reality despite the party line.
        |TG|Switch

Better known as:
        That noob who crashed the chopper.
        That noob who ran over the mine.
        That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
        That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

My bad about the wrong forum section, but yeah the Feds have done illegal searches and raids on Medical Weed Users who had all the forms signed out and all of that saying that they were allowed to grow and smoke weed to help them deal with pain and whatever else they might have.

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/a...ogues_8707.php
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I say we all go to Amsterdam and think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taip3n View Post
              I say we all go to Amsterdam and think about it.
              I second that notion because they have legal tools to aid us in the conversation. Purely intellectual of course.

Comment

But how do they feel about legalizing beer? (For medical purposes only, of course)
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

From Obama's speech in Germany:

Poorly secured nuclear material in the former Soviet Union, or secrets from a scientist in Pakistan could help build a bomb that detonates in Paris. The poppies in Afghanistan become the heroin in Berlin. The poverty and violence in Somalia breeds the terror of tomorrow. The genocide in Darfur shames the conscience of us all.
                  I guess one could infer from that how he feels about opiates. (Which I think should also be legalized.)

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I'm not exactly sure how you see him relating that to opiate based drug legalization (which is legal.. Vicodin, Oxys), actually not really seeing any connection between anything with the thread and what you've posted..? (Explanation or anything?)

Comment

He lists a bunch of "bad things" that have global sources, and in the middle of his list is heroin.

And I want beer to live under the same rules as MJ and opiates (including heroin). In my experience, people are a lot more obnoxious under the influence of beer than they are under the other two. I don't care if you die using it. But don't start a drunken fight with your girlfriend out in the street in front of my house. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

Comment

Ah yea, I feel you there, alcohol definitely does have a lot more negatives caused from it than weed does... Wouldn't say the same about heroin though.. Heroins a bit over the line IMO, would rather have cocaine legalized requiring you to get stamps or something and receiving in small quantities than heroin.

But yeah if you compare booze and weed then the legality of it seem to be really off.

Comment

You'll have to pry my beer from my cold, dead hands! ;)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                            Heroins a bit over the line IMO, would rather have cocaine legalized requiring you to get stamps or something and receiving in small quantities than heroin.
                            Why do you object to heroin? (Were you aware that the name "heroin" was a Bayer trademark? Check out the pictures of product packages in the Wikipedia article.)

http://www.drugpolicy.org/drugbydrug/heroin/
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin

The only problem I see with cocaine is paranoia-induced violence. Similar to what happens to some beer drinkers. So require that cocaine and beer users check in to a lock-up before ingesting, so that they're not risking others.

Comment

Just that IVing heroin is most common way used to get the feelings of heroin into the body and a simple bubble could kill you, although it would be somewhat good to get heroin somewhat legalized since their is a lot of dirty heroin being made, would be guessing it'd become a lot cleaner once it was legalized in some sort of way.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X