Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberal hate turns into church shooting

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/28/...ef=mpstoryview

Sure you've all heard about this, thought I'd post anyways. I'm betting (strongly) that this guy has some severe psychological disorder but I still think it's really odd that his frustration with a job search was taken out on "liberals" when a conservative has been in power the last 8 freaking years. Also, the fact he chose a church to take his anger out and killed people over something like a job search--during a children's play--is just beyond words.

Re: Liberal hate turns into church shooting

Well, it is a Unitarian Universalist church...

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus View Post
      ... this guy has some severe psychological disorder ...
      He's Republican?
      |TG|Switch

Better known as:
      That noob who crashed the chopper.
      That noob who ran over the mine.
      That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
      That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

only liberals attend church? gotcha.......its sad what excuses people make to go kill people.....

i only wish that the melee that overtook him would have crushed his windpipe, he doesn't deserve to go to jail.....hopefully he will get the death penalty or be killed in prison before his trial begins.
        Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 07-28-2008, 11:22 PM.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

No, he did it because of liberals

Comment

ah crazy people what would the world be like without them? I have for several years now been searching for a definition of "liberal" and "conservative" and really havent found one yet. Most people have both right and left wing ideas and calling someone a "liberal" or "conservative" is an ignorant blanket statement. Untill we can realize that there are more then two sides to an argument we will never have a proper understanding of issues. Just like how the founding fathers didnt want us restricted to a two party system im sure they also didnt want us restricted to a two opinion public. This guy killed some people that probably agreed with him on some issues.

And PS what an ugly MF'er too :)
            "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
            -John Adams
            "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
            -Charles Beard

Comment

I recall a story not that long ago about Amish forgiving a murderer and wanting to help his family. I wonder if this story will go that way.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                Well, it is a Unitarian Universalist church...
                What precisely do you mean? As a Unitarian Universalist (UU) I'd really like to know.

If I had to guess I'd say your comment is simply an assertion that being a UU and being a liberal goes hand in hand. For the most part that is a fairly safe assumption but I'm living proof that not all UU's can be defined as liberals.

Regardless--the perpetrator is a twisted individual.

**edit** one of my fellow congregants posted an excellent article about this shooting.

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/o..._church_s.html
                Last edited by Grunt 70; 07-29-2008, 12:00 PM.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

This story has absolutely nothing to do with politics or faith - it only has to do with ignorance and hatred. Hopefully it will be prosecuted as a hate crime.

Comment

This was in my neck of the woods and I had a friend that was there. I don't know anything about his church but I do know that he is a great guy and was lucky enough to come out of this. No matter the race, creed, religion, or whatever no one deserves this.
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

I just moved from the area a year or so ago, and my mom works with a guy who is UU. I dunno how many there are in the Knoxville area, but this one hit me really close to home on a few levels. Working for a church not being the least of them.
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I believe this case is very close to terrorism.

Comment

Originally posted by GlobalWarmin View Post
                          Terrorism usually has a connotation of organization, and this appears to be a lone nut. But those in power would love to use this as another excuse to extend the reach of their War on Terror and further emasculate civil liberties.

I, personally, see the lone nut as the bigger threat than terrorism. And protecting from lone nuts is a much harder job that is likely to require much more draconian curtailment of liberty.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by GlobalWarmin View Post
                            he was a nut job who decided to use premeditated murder onto others (if i mis-worded this let me know).

yes he created terror, but unless we find out in the next few days his motives or if he belonged to a group that hated UU or children or something else, this will go down as a gone postal type shooting.

Wimp, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and any other TG members of this community who know anyone who attends this church and who has any connection to this.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Warning: This is supposed to be an ironic argument about terrorism, so don't think I'm actually serious.

In my opinion, had this been an attack by a person who was not white and was linked to threats against the current administration, presumably because of the influence of propaganda from Al Qaeda; and, instead, had attacked a Methodist church, this case would be considered terrorism. It wouldn't matter that he committed the crime alone (or did he?), because he is just a small cell working for the larger terrorist body.

However, because this was a good-old-boy, who presumably was influenced by neo-conservative propaganda from politicians and, most importantly, their flagship multi-million-dollar media empire; and, he attacked a church not near to the hearts of the right, he is just a crazy guy committing a criminal act.

One thing is for sure though: he didn't develop his hatred and bigotry from his vast knowledge of politics and the world. His home and computer should be searched to learn what anti-left propaganda that would inspire such actions can be found. These materials should be labeled as dangerous and subversive. This would give the NSA the ability to spy on everyone who reads or watches similar books and programs, so that they could prevent further terrorist attacks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X