Cop Attacks Cyclist, Charges Him with "Resisting Arrest"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop Attacks Cyclist, Charges Him with "Resisting Arrest"

This just blows my mind. And you wonder why people hate cops???

Cop Attacks Cyclist, Charges Him with "Resisting Arrest"

That just looks painful!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Cop Attacks Cyclist, Charges Him with "Resisting Arrest"

*shrugs* The hatred for cops seems to last as long as you don't need one. The actions of the few do not warrant the reputation of the many. But such is the mindset of the sheep.

Comment

Story reports that the officer involved was stripped of his badge. Glad to hear that. The guy got charged with resisting arrest. I probably would have been too if some cop shoulder checked me off my bike when all i was trying to do was avoid him.

Comment

I know that cops often get a bad rap, but jeeze, lately it seems like they're in the news a lot, doing bad things.

From the woman that was totally beaten after they turned the camera off in the precint to the Chicago cops who would beat up on people in bars (without knowing that a camera was there), these are things that they would normally get away with were it not for the camera catching them flat out lying.

Due to their position of authority and power, cops need to be held to a higher standard -- and they're just not living up to it lately.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
          I know that cops often get a bad rap, but jeeze, lately it seems like they're in the news a lot, doing bad things.
          "....they're just not living up to it lately."
          Bolded and italicized on my own part.

Again... the actions of the few are not representative of the many. It is incredibly unfair to use blanket statements in that fashion. Put blame where blame is due: upon the officer in question.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Story reports that the officer involved was stripped of his badge. Glad to hear that.
            Indeed. Kudos to the NYPD for a swift reaction to what certainly appears to be an obvious crime committed by one of their officers.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Is it wrong that I laughed after watching that?

So the guy got knocked off the bike. What is the big deal? It is night like the cop smashed his face in with his night stick...or roundhouse kick his jaw. There is always to sides of every story.
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

I laughed myself. It is just so unexpected.

I wonder what was going through the officers mind when he push the guy. Was he just fed up with the bikers? Did another biker tick him off earlier?
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Looks like he was fed up. The bikers were part of some sort of movement ("Critical Mass" or something) that blocks busy intersections in protest of people using cars... or something. They were blocking Times Square. The cop in question probably got tired of dealing with the bastards, I imagine.

The tear gas and water cannons should've been utilized. :icon26:

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
                    So the guy got knocked off the bike. What is the big deal?
                    The fact that you even have to ask that makes me sad. Granted, I laughed too because the whole thing is comical, but I also see what appears to be a police officer pretty much just snapping. That's a no-no. The video pretty clearly contradicts the officer's story of "he rode into me"; the officer had to actually speed up his pace and lunge to get to the cyclist. And if you watch, you can see the officer appears to have his sights set on the guy for a bit, following him with his head and actually almost getting run over by another biker on his way to the body check.

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                    Looks like he was fed up. The bikers were part of some sort of movement ("Critical Mass" or something) that blocks busy intersections in protest of people using cars... or something.
                    It's an unorganized monthly bicycle gathering, apparently held on the last Friday of every month (I'm assuming weather permitting). A judge ruled in 2006 that the city can't bar the rides, and they they don't need permits to happen. Aside from the likely political statement/hippy motivation, it's not any different from ride (motorcycle) or cruise (antique cars) nights that I've seen in several cities around here.
                    [squadl]
                    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I'm glad this one was caught on video and the prick was actually held accountable. I hope he sees the inside of a jail cell, just like any other person who did the same thing would. You have to wonder how often some power hungry ******* does something like this, it isn't caught on tape and an innocent person is stuck with a criminal record because of it.

The fact that people are actually defending this scumbag is troubling to me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Seriously the idea that that cop could do that around that many people and not get beat down is outrageous. This is just another example of police exercising totalitarian and seemingly random power against the American people. While I'm happy to see he was fired I have to ask what kind of police system would hire a man like that in the first place? Just look around people, our rights are disappearing. We must stand up to people like this and the citizens that would allow this to happen. I saw that someone asked "whats the big deal?" are you serious?!
                        You think this kind of behavior is ok from people who are supposed to be protecting us and our rights? Wake up and smell the fascism people. Its coming, just wait for when they try to issue you your radio implanted ID cards that track your movement and purchases (its already been signed into law) This makes me sick.
                        "In general, our generals were outgeneralled"
                        -John Adams
                        "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
                        -Charles Beard

Comment

Yes...I said it!

ITS NOT A BIG DEAL!!!!!

So the guy fell on his butt and got his feelings hurt. There is a difference between police brutality and this instance. For all we know, the bicyclist could have held up a girl scout troop at gun point. We don't know what happened prior to this. Chances are that he (Mr. Fallonmyass) probably was told to stop a long time ago by another cop...in failing to do so, the Cop (NHL player) made him stop on way or another.
                          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

It is a big deal. What that officer did was assault, plain and simple. What if the tables were turned? What if a civilian knocked an officer (or even another civilian) off of a bike for no apparent reason other than the fact that he was annoyed with him or didn't like what he was doing? I'll bet that the same people who are sticking up for the cop in this instance would be outraged.
                            sigpic

Comment

What needs to happen is cyclist needs to get a big payout so the mayor can clamp down on the police chief and the police chief can clamp down on his pee ons and so on. What shocking is he had the bravado to it in front of hundreds of people. I blame management.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X