Cheerleader Toss

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheerleader Toss

I've been working with this company called HypeCouncil lately by providing banner ads and stuff for various products/promotions they run. (The Medal of Honor banner ad was one of those promotions).

They contacted me today for a new promotion for a movie or something, so I stuck up the banner.. Well. I clicked on it and then watched the "Cheerleader Toss" video. It's pretty amusing..

Cheerleader Toss Video

Check it out, click on the link down bottom that says Cheerleader Toss and watch.. It looks like she slammed her head pretty good, but it was impressive nonetheless..
    Last edited by Apophis; 12-07-2004, 07:48 AM.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Cheerleader Toss

Some of the Bonus Materials on that site are pretty funny too! It looks like it's not a real movie, but with the quality of films lately, you never know...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
      Some of the Bonus Materials on that site are pretty funny too! It looks like it's not a real movie, but with the quality of films lately, you never know...
      Yeah, I can't tell if it's a real movie or not either. I tried downloading one of the free ring tones but it hasn't made it to my phone yet. But I haven't looked at any of the bonus materials yet.

What did you think about that cheerleader toss video?

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
        Yeah, I can't tell if it's a real movie or not either. I tried downloading one of the free ring tones but it hasn't made it to my phone yet. But I haven't looked at any of the bonus materials yet.

I've seen stupider things tried. Much of me is having difficulty believing that a girl would go along with that idea.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
          I've seen stupider things tried. Much of me is having difficulty believing that a girl would go along with that idea.
          I've been trying to watch what she does with her arms when she starts coming down. I would think she would try and stick them up over her head but it seems as though she keeps them to her sides.. I also have difficulty in believing she would go along with something like that. It just seems to have such potential to go horribly wrong..

Comment

I've been trying to watch what she does with her arms when she starts coming down. I would think she would try and stick them up over her head but it seems as though she keeps them to her sides.. I also have difficulty in believing she would go along with something like that. It just seems to have such potential to go horribly wrong..
            A cheerleader wouldn't throw her arms out for that kind of toss, though. That part makes sense. :)
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

It's fake .
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                It's fake .
                You think? What makes you say that? Not that i'm disagreeing, I'm more curious to see if you see anything specific..

Comment

It's totally fake. I didn't have to watch it in slow-mo to see that it's not real. If she hit her head, why would it swoosh?

It's kind of like that Gatorade commercial where the guy is sinking cross-court shots.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

For me, it's suspension of disbelief. I just think that it's very nearly impossible to pull that off. I mean, it's one thing to nail just going through the hoop (difficult enough), but to not get *any* body parts caught in the netting seems the least possible. Her toes would likely get snagged first if they're not *perfectly* aligned straight down the center of the net. But even if they cleared, since she went through with her hands down I'd have to think that at least one of her ten fingers would hook... even if she had her hands pressed firmly against herself. And finally, her nose and ears... if her body had managed to pass through untouched to this point, I shudder to think of what all that momentum would do if she snagged such fragile parts. You can sure well bet she'd be screaming and clutching her bloodied head/face where bits were torn off. And by the way... anybody care to hazard a guess as to how wide her shoulders are? A quick Google search says that a standard hoop is 18" (76cm) in diameter. I don't think she's dainty enough to pass through a rim that size untouched. Her shoulders would scrape way before she'd wing her coconut.

So that's just my frame of mind about the chance of this being authentic. There's other 'natural evidence' not displayed that I think would make the stunt more believable.

As for the actual video... the net looks animated. Badly. It has an unnatural movement that just screams fake. The camera also has a very abrupt jerkiness during the actual 'basket' that just reinforces this.

However... it's pretty well done, and to casual observation, rather convincing (apart from the belief that it just couldn't happen ;) ).

Comment

You think? What makes you say that? Not that i'm disagreeing, I'm more curious to see if you see anything specific..
                      Umm, what they said.

Nothing specific, it just looked fake to me. I didn't actually watch it in slow motion, and I couldn't tell if it was edited video, or if they simply performed the toss in front of the basket, but it looked fake to me...
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

totally fake, pause on the entry to the hoop amd examin it bit by bit, at one point the whole background is blured, and her head and back are actually pertruding through the blur as she is perfectly focused.

and the hoop did not make a sound or vibrate violently when her head alledgedly hit it.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X